The Help We Appreciated

How Come You Don't Know?

It was as early as 7:30am in the morning when Ji Hyo received a call from an unknown number. At first she was hesitated to answer, but her husband allowed her to entertain the caller after she showed the phone number to him. So in front of Jong Kook who was still enjoying his breakfast, Ji Hyo pressed the answer call button, "Yoboseyo.. oh! Tae Jun aah. Ne. I'm having breakfast with my husband. Maybe at 8am. Waeyo? Aah.. geurae. Gomabseumnida!".

 

"Is that Tae Jun the HR Director? What does he want?" Jong Kook threw the question right after she ended the call.

Ji Hyo replied while scooping the ramyun into her bowl, "Ne. He said he'll be waiting at the parking lot and take me through a 'secret' entrance into the building."

"Why does he need to do that?"

"It was a chaos yesterday, oppa. The moment people aware of my presence, they treated me more like a celebrity than a coworker. I think Tae Jun was trying to help so I can reach my workstation without being.. you know, surrounded."

"Aah.. so that's why. But when you said you're having breakfast with your husband, does that mean he knows about us?"

Ji Hyo nodded, "I think he can be trusted since he hold all the confidential information about the employees. After all.. I need to have a strong ally at my workplace. Just in case."

"Still.. be careful not to fall in love with him! I had enough problem having to deal with Bo Lin and your Monday Couple thingy."

"Aish oppa! Do you doubt my feeling?" Ji Hyo pouted her lips.

"Of course not! I said that because I love you so much my dear Mongji! Anyway.. last night there's a call from the producer of that Chinese show. You should check out your voicemail whenever you're free."

"Jinjja? Omo.. I guess I was too sleepy last night. That's why I didn't hear my phone ringing."

 

Suddenly Ji Hyo stop eating and put down her chopstick. She felt a slight pain in her stomach, making her uncomfortable to finish her meal. When Ji Hyo hunched over and hissed, Jong Kook stared at his wife with a worried face, "Yeobo.. gwaenchanayo?". She couldn't answer verbally, instead the actress just shook her head while pressing her belly with her hands. Then she got up from the chair and ran to the bathroom - throwing up all the food that she just ate. Jong Kook immediately followed her closely, rubbing the back of his wife as she continued to puke in the hand-wash basin.

 

"Yeobo.. let's go to the clinic, shall we?" Jong Kook was too concerned with Ji Hyo's condition. But his wife refused to listen, "I'm fine now, oppa. Maybe I was allergic to something. Anyway.. I can't be late for work. Tae Jun is already waiting." When she walked out from the bathroom to grab her belongings, Jong Kook stopped Ji Hyo by grabbing on her shoulders and turned her body towards him, "How can you be fine when you're not?! As much as I want you to work hard for my father.. I can't let you ignore your health like this!".

 

Knowing that her husband was extremely concerned about her, Ji Hyo wrapped her arms around his body to cool him off. While resting her head against his chest, she consoled her man with a soft voice, "Oppa.. please don't be mad. Right now I don't want to distract my focus with whatever the doctor might say about my health. I promise.. once I have adapted to this situation, I will seek for treatment if I have to. Just give me some time to familiarize myself with the new job, please?". Despite how strong her husband opposed the idea, Ji Hyo wouldn't change her mind. So he gave up. Jong Kook heaved a long sigh. The Commander cuddled his wife tightly as he replied to her request, "Arasso. But don't push yourself too hard, okay? If you want to quit, just tell me right away. I will talk to my father about it. You're more important to me than what my parents think about us."

 

His warm lips landed on her forehead, and a smile appeared on her face. Ji Hyo was happy to have a man like Jong Kook who loves her wholeheartedly, despite their relationship was going through a tough time since they got married months ago. Honestly she couldn't wait to let the world knows about the SpartAce's biggest secret, but considering the commitment they were both tight up to made Ji Hyo putting it on hold for a little longer. As famous faces in the entertainment industry, they must be extra careful in 'navigating' their life story before it got tangled with rumours and lies.

 

On her way to the office, Ji Hyo decided to listen to the voicemail that was left by the producer of her Chinese show. There was not much information given, except she needed to return his call whenever she can. So the Ace just 'ignore' it for the time being, getting her mind focused on the 'new position' that was assigned to her yesterday in order to keep up with the abrupt changes made by Mr. Kim. As she doesn't want to fail in her mission to capture the heart of Jong Kook's parents, Ji Hyo promised herself to give the very best despite she has zero knowledge about project management.

 

"Seong-Im ssi. Glad you make it on time," Tae Jun greeted the actress with a smile once she stepped out from the car. After making sure that no one was around, the HR Director '' Ji Hyo to the secret pathway - leading them straight to the floor where Mr. Kim's office is located. "Actually this lift is meant to be used by the President. But since you're his daughter-in-law.. I don't think it's against the rule," Tae Jun explained when Ji Hyo asked about the secret entrance. His answer made her chuckled, "I'm not sure if he thinks of me that way. Right now I'm still an outsider to him."

 

When the lift door opened, they had to walk downstairs to their own office floor. Before they went on separate way, Tae Jun prompt a request, "Seong-Im aah. Meet me in my office during lunch time, arachi?". "Waeyo? Are you asking me to have lunch with you?" Ji Hyo randomly guessed. The man responded with a small laugh, "You can assume that.. or you can take it as an instruction from the HR Director. Just don't be late! Lunch time is only for an hour. I'll see you soon, Seong-Im!"

 

The 'instruction' from Tae Jun made Ji Hyo torn apart. She recalled her husband's warning which is "not to fall in love with Tae Jun", making the actress contemplating to decline the man's invitation since he has been very kind to her from the first day. To brush off her guilt, Ji Hyo left a message for Jong Kook - telling him that she will be having lunch with Tae Jun as a way to show her appreciation towards the man. But there was no reply from her husband.

 

"Maybe I should just tell Tae Jun personally that I couldn't join him," Ji Hyo took a deep breath as she walked towards the HR Director's office just 5 minutes before 1pm. As he was expecting her presence, Tae Jun's secretary simply let her in without much question. Once the door was opened, she was welcomed by the man in suit with a smile, "Omo.. the beautiful queen has arrived! Finally we can have lunch together. Oh yes.. you wouldn't mind that I've invited another person to join us, would you?"

 

While Ji Hyo kept staring at the 'unexpected visitor' with agape, the person turned around and casually greeted her with a smile, "I'm sure the famous Cheon Seong-Im will not be hesitated to have lunch with me.. am I right?"