The Confession We Remembered

How Come You Don't Know?

Before he went to meet up with his wife, Jong Kook made a quick stop to pick up Kwang Soo at his house. As the airport is a public area, Jong Kook doesn't want the fans to feel suspicious if they saw him alone in his car with Ji Hyo. Rumours will start to spread (although in reality, it was the truth) about their secret relationship beyond Running Man, and that will not be good for their career at the moment. "Gomawo Kwang Soo aah.. this won't be easy without you," Jong Kook truly appreciates his ally for helping them to conceal the truth from others.

 

Kwang Soo cracked a joke out of the situation, "So now I have to be around every time you want to meet up with your girlfriend?".

The Commander burst into laughter, "That would be great! Consider yourself as an unpaid bodyguard for us."

"Aish! If I keep doing that.. when will I have time to find my own girlfriend?"

"What's the point of having female guests on the show? You should take advantage to get their phone number and ask them out Kwang Soo aah!"

"I've tried that, hyung.. but they don't find me attractive enough. But hyung, how do you managed to convince noona to accept you? And when did you guys decided to date?"

A big smile appeared on Jong Kook's face as he reminisced the moment, "Remember the SBS Entertainment Awards night last year?"

"I think it's the one that I became the award presenter with Ji Hyo noona, am I right? So what about it?" Kwang Soo was getting curious.

"Didn't you notice anything?"

The tall guy tried to recall his memory of that event, "Wae? What did I miss?"

 

(Reflecting the moment)

 

As he stepped out from the car, he naturally waited for Ji Hyo to walk next to him. Not wanting to be obvious in front of the fans, Jong Kook let the actress to lead the way. Still, he made sure that his position is always beside her - whether when they were walking on the red carpet, posing for the cameras or seating at the table that was reserved for the Running Man casts. Jong Kook kept an eye on Ji Hyo all night, in case her beauty caught the attention of another male celebrity nearby. He thought no one would catch his act, but Jae Suk was able to 'detect' his protective behaviour around the only female member of the show.

 

When it's turn for Kwang Soo to present the award with Ji Hyo, Jong Kook was getting nervous when the tall guy threw a question to the actress.

 

Kwang Soo: Except Gary, which member do you want to partner with? First place?

Ji Hyo: Yoo Jae Suk.

Kwang Soo: Then second place?

Ji Hyo: Haha.

Kwang Soo: Third place?

Ji Hyo: Kim Jong Kook!

 

He remembered how the crowd was screaming in excitement when she mentioned his name. Some even claimed that the actress was so happy to 'announce' him as her top three partner, which could mean that she likes the Commander more than a colleague and a brother. Though he was her third option, but the fact that both Jae Suk and Haha are married men made him the ultimate bachelor of choice for the Ace. Jong Kook was extremely excited about it. He couldn't stop smiling - wishing that someone will pass a microphone to him at the table so he could tell her that he felt the same way as she did.

 

"I wonder if that was a real confession?" Jae Suk teased the SpartAce when they walked back to the vehicle. Jong Kook was blushing, but Ji Hyo doesn't have a clue what the national emcee was referring to. She asked Jae Suk to clarify, "Which part?". Obviously the Commander knows the answer, to which made him felt nervous to the bone. "Were you that happy that she chose you as number 1, hyung?" Jong Kook immediately diverted the attention to the national emcee who was laughing awkwardly at his comment.

 

When the vehicle arrived at the SBS building, everyone went on their own way after a long night attending the glamorous event. As her car was parked right next to him, Jong Kook walked with the actress to their vehicles while having a small talk with her. He began with a compliment, "You're truly stunning tonight.. like an angel."

 

"Only tonight? What about before?" she playfully asked.

Jong Kook smiled sheepishly as he replied, "I always believe that you're beautiful, Ji Hyo. But tonight your beauty shines.. like literally. I really can't take my eyes off you, did you know that?"

"You're very good with words, oppa. Do you always this witty when talking to a woman?" she smirked at him and opened her car door.

 

As the Ace was about to step into her vehicle, Jong Kook blocked her door. She was clueless with his action, so the actress just stared at the Commander with a blank face. "Was it really a confession?" he repeated Jae Suk's question, but this time with a serious expression.

 

"Are you referring to my answer to Kwang Soo?" she tried to confirm her assumption.

He nodded, "I couldn't help from wondering.. did she just indirectly telling to the whole world that I am her number one man? Cause her first and second partners are married guys.. so that made me.."

 

"Aah oppa! Can we not talk about this again?" she tried to avoid his deep stare by getting into the driver seat, but Jong Kook wouldn't allow her to escape. He held her by the wrist to stop Ji Hyo from leaving. "I can't let you go without confirming how you really feel about us. Tell me, Ji Hyo. Do you like me? I mean.. as a man?". She was stunned by the Commander's questions. Ji Hyo was blushing, and she failed to control her fast beating heart from making a sound. Jong Kook's face was slowly drawing near, until their forehead touched on one another. His eyes were aiming for her lips. She can hear him breathing loud, but steadily. His hands were now travelling down to her waist - pulling their body closer and left no gap in between.

 

Jong Kook knew she was nervous. So did he, but somehow he found a courage to open up to Ji Hyo. Maybe because she dressed extremely beautiful that night which made him easily attracted to the actress, or maybe her 'indirect confession' gave him the motivation to take one step further to find the answer. "Oppa.. what are you doing?" she was anxious when he tilt her chin with his finger, almost to the same level of his lips. "Can I kiss you?" Jong Kook softly whispered, then gently he pecked her lips with his eyes closed. That was their second experience after the 'pepero incident', to which felt more natural than it was for the Commander and Ace.

 

"I don't know about you, but I think I have fallen for you Ji Hyo aah. Can I 'like' you more than a friend?" Jong Kook expressing his sincerity to the woman who captured his heart. As she was partially confused (thinking that it was a dream), Ji Hyo just nodded without a word. She only realized that everything was real when he cuddled her in his arms, thanking her for agreeing to accept him as her boyfriend. Only then she discovered her true feeling for the Commander, and what it really meant when he said that he wants to be in her future - from now, till forever.