The One We Desired

How Come You Don't Know?

They arrived at the hotel around 10:40pm, but Bo Lin requested for her to drop him off a bit farther from the lobby entrance. "You're probably not comfortable to be seen with me without the crews.. am I right?" he made an assumption based on their conversation earlier. Bo Lin unfastened his seat belt, but he didn't want to get out before listening to Ji Hyo's answer. She stared at his face a long second. The young man was very determined to wait for her response. Though he never said anything, from the look of his face Ji Hyo could tell what he wanted to hear from her.

 

Still, she pretended to be clueless about his feeling, "Gomabseumnida.. Bo Lin..". Ji Hyo was suprised when she felt his finger pressed on her lips while she was talking. "I've told you before.. call me Bobo," he said - forming a smile that could melt a woman's heart in an instant. With eyes locked on her, Bo Lin stepped out from the car after reminding the actress about the deal. "See you tomorrow, Momo. I'll be waiting for you around 10. Drive safely.. goodnight!" he waved at Ji Hyo who drove away after saying goodbye to each other.

 

The next day, Bo Lin was super excited to leave the hotel where he stayed for the last 2 days. Not because he was homesick, but the actor was looking forward to once again meet his on-screen partner off the show before returning to Taiwan. He already informed his agency that he doesn't need a transport to go to the airport, and requested for his flight to be rescheduled from 2pm to 4:15pm. All that because he wanted to have more time with Ji Hyo when she came to give him a ride to the airport.

 

With two cups of hot Americano in his hands, Bo Lin waited for the actress to arrive at the parking lot of the hotel. The moment he saw her car approaching, his face was beaming. But Bo Lin's smile immediately disappeared when he saw an unexpected 'guest' seating next to Ji Hyo. "Omo.. you're early!" she said, but his focus was more on the man behind her wheel. Jong Kook greeted his 'rival' with a serious expression, "Don't you want to get in?"

 

"Hello to you too.. Mr. Capable," Bo Lin was very upset to have a 'third wheel' on his unofficial date with Ji Hyo. Reluctantly, the young actor sat at the back seat. In his heart, he questioned the reason for Ji Hyo to let Jong Kook drove her car. Ji Hyo who noticed his upset face decided to break his silence, "I hope you don't mind to have Jong Kook oppa tagging along with us. We're heading to Running Man's shooting later, so I thought of going there with him."

 

Bo Lin forced a small laugh, "No need to explain anything, Momo. I totally understand. Here.. I bought you your favourite coffee. Careful! It's still hot." She received the Americano with a smile and thanked the young actor in return. But after that, the atmosphere was solely filled with conversation between the SpartAce. The young actor couldn't fit in as the two were not talking about something that he can relate to. Bo Lin hated the feeling of being 'ignored' by Ji Hyo, and he was so envied seeing her laughing and joking with Mr. Capable without addressing him formally.

 

"Momo.. do you like the surprise that I've prepared for you yesterday?" Bo Lin abruptly asked, which made Ji Hyo speechless. But before she could answer, Jong Kook interrupted, "What surprise? Anything interesting yesterday?". Instead of allowing Ji Hyo to respond, Bo Lin filled in, "Didn't she told you? We went out for our first date and I did something special for her."

 

As her 'secret husband', Jong Kook was extremely jealous of the young man, "What's so special about your first date?!"

Bo Lin casually replied, "Well.. it's for us to know and for you to find out."

"Actually Bo Lin surprised me with a field of flower-like lamps at Dongdaemun Design Plaza. That's all," Ji Hyo was afraid if her husband would be hurt by the fact.

But Bo Lin wasn't happy with her answer, "Is that all you could remember? What about the hug? And the deal we made?"

"Mwo? Hugging? And what deal are you guys talking about?!" Jong Kook raised his voice and gave Ji Hyo a quick, deep stare at her face.

The young man chuckled, "You should focus on your driving, Jong Kook ssi. You're driving someone else's car. So don't get distracted by my conversation with Momo."

"Mworago?!" Jong Kook felt like Bo Lin was 'challenging' him as a man.

Seeing the awkward situation made Ji Hyo taking over the 'discussion', "Yaa you two! Can't we just talk about something else like.. what is your favourite Korean dish or who is your favourite player in a soccer team?"

But the furious Sparta refused to back down, "No. Not until I know what exactly was going on yesterday between the two of you. Ji Hyo aah.. why don't you say something?"

 

Ji Hyo heaved a long sigh. She hated to be caught in the middle between the men who were fighting for her attention. She wished that Jong Kook and Bo Lin would be able to converse like matured men do, but that seems to be too 'idealistic' in her situation. "Oppa.. what could possibly happen in just the first date? Nothing! We only get to do few stuff, of which some are those typical 'couple' things. So let's talk about something else.. can we?"

 

"Momo.. I'm hungry. Why don't we grab something before we head off to the airport?" Bo Lin suggested.

"But isn't that your flight scheduled at 2? Will you be able to make it on time?" Ji Hyo was slightly worried.

"My flight delayed to 4. I still have ample time to spend with you," Bo Lin lied.

Jong Kook who wasn't happy with the young actor decided to chipped in, "But I don't think Ji Hyo and I have enough time for that since we need to be on set by 5."

"It's just a quick lunch. It won't take more than 2 hours," Bo Lin refused to give up. He paused for a while and continued, "But if Jong Kook ssi would like to excuse from joining, I don't mind having lunch alone with Momo."

"Who said that I want to excuse myself from lunch? Wherever Ji Hyo go.. that's where I'll be," Jong Kook said firmly.

"Why are you being so overprotective with Momo? You're just her colleague from a variety show.. whereas I'm her 'love partner' for months!"

 

"Actually what Jong Kook oppa meant to say was.. we're so close like brother and sister. All seven of us are family. So he kind of 'taking care' of me like his little sister," Ji Hyo quickly saved the 'secret' that they've been hiding. She gave Jong Kook a sharp stare - a sign to remind him to be mindful of his words against the young man who is an 'outsider' with high curiosity. Ji Hyo couldn't let her marriage to be known publicly while her show with Bo Lin was still on, so she had to do her best to protect that big secret from the rest of the world. Furthermore, she still hasn't decided the 'option' that was given to her by Jong Kook's parents.

 

However, the young actor couldn't accept the justification for Jong Kook's odd behaviour. He was still doubtful about the SpartAce real relationship, "Just be honest here. Are you two the 'real' couple in Running Man? Is that the reason why you're acting like a jealous boyfriend.. Kim Jong Kook ssi?"