The Affection We Displayed

How Come You Don't Know?

She thought being relocated to a new department will not be as bad as her experience with Mdm. Cho's team, but the actress got it all wrong. It was even worse than she could imagine. Ji Hyo has no one to refer to (because it is a newly formed department), and she wasn't given a team to work with. It's obviously 'designed' in such way so that the Ace will give up her fight, hence the more reason for Ji Hyo to prove that she can survive the odd for the sake of her marriage.

 

"Mianhae oppa.. I had to disappoint you again," Ji Hyo babbled alone sadly while flipping through the thick file on her table. It was already 8pm, yet she hasn't got a chance to contact her husband as promised because of the workload she received on that day. At one point, she almost break down and cry. It was too much for her heart to bear, and for her physical to take. But everytime she felt like giving up, Ji Hyo took out a picture of Jong Kook and reminded herself of her purpose.

 

As it was a routine for him as HR Director to walkabout the office area before he left, Tae Jun made a stop at level 9 where the new department is located. He wasn't surprised to see Ji Hyo working all by herself at her workstation - considering that there's a lot of things to be done for one single person. While other employees saw it as a 'promotion' for the actress, Tae Jun knew it was more of a burden for a fresh recruit like her. Even if he against it, there is nothing that he could do to influence Mr. Kim to reconsider Ji Hyo's placement in the new department. The decision made by the President was very firm, so Tae Jun has no right to question the tall order.

 

"You've been working too hard, Seong-Im ssi. Here.. I have a sandwich for you. I bet you haven't had your dinner yet, am I right?" Tae Jun put down a brown paper bag on Ji Hyo's table next to her stack of documents. A weak smile was formed on her face as she thanked the man for his kind concern, "Gomawo Tae Jun ssi. I will eat it later." "You should. So.. at what time do you plan to go home?" he couldn't help but feeling worried. Ji Hyo glanced at the clock displayed on her computer screen, "Maybe 30 minutes more.. and then I'll wrap up. Don't worry about me, Tae Jun ssi. I'm good here."

 

He nodded, "Arasso. Just make sure that you drive home safely. It's already dark out there." Ji Hyo watched Tae Jun left and heaved a sigh, knowing that she was the only one who was still working in the building. Her focus was back to the papers on her desk, but a voice in her head kept screaming and asking her to continue with the work tomorrow. Finally at 8:30pm Ji Hyo gave up - packed up her belongings and headed to her car. This time, she reminded herself to switch on her handphone in case her husband was trying to reach her. Strangely - there was none.

 

The 'silence' of her man made Ji Hyo assumed that he was upset with her. That is possible considering that her priority has shifted from Jong Kook to her new job, giving him less of her attention towards the guy she married. It was as if her career is her new 'husband', therefore the Commander must have felt disappointed with her for not playing the role as his wife.

 

Throughout her way home, that was the only concern she had on her mind. By the time she reached her place, it was almost 10pm. Ji Hyo pushed in her key to open the front door, but to her surprise - it was already unlocked. Thinking that a 'burglar' was hiding inside, the actress nervously entered her house as discreet as possible. She was prepared to dial the emergency number to call for help, but then a familiar figure was seen 'snoring' on her couch. She smiled, then slowly approached her 'sleeping prince' and wrapped her arms around his broad shoulders from behind the couch.

 

"Oh.. you're back? Sorry I didn't hear you," Jong Kook rubbed his heavy eyes the moment he woke up. She didn't reply - just cuddled him warmly and rested her head on her man. He could hear her breathing. It was a calm feeling to be in such a close proximity, so he let his wife to show her affection towards him knowing how much they missed each other. Once she broke her cuddle, Jong Kook got up from the couch and stood next to his wife. "I hope you're still hungry.. cause I've cooked for you," he took her hand and led Ji Hyo to the dining area.

 

Though she was too tired to eat late dinner, but seeing the variety of food on the table made her appreciated her husband's effort. "Whoah.. oppa! Did you really prepared all these for me?" Ji Hyo's face was beaming as she sat on the chair that he pulled out for her. Jong Kook replied while lighting up the candles to set the mood, "Of course, my love. Only you get to see the 'romantic side' of me." Next, he switched on the music and sat down across the table - staring at his wife with a charming smile. Jong Kook was satisfied to see the happy face of Ji Hyo, despite they both were still tired from the travelling and working.

 

"So what's the occasion for tonight?" she threw the question while cutting the meat on her plate.

He casually replied, "To celebrate our togetherness. You know.. I just realized that from now on, we might have limited time for each other with you working on two jobs while I'm being away to focus on my music. So, I've decided to seize every opportunity that we have and cherish our love by making it an unforgettable moment for both of us. As long as my dear wife is here with me.. I have a strong reason to celebrate my time with you."

"Aaw.. that's so sweet of you, oppa. I feel ashamed for not preparing anything for my prince charming. Mianhaeyo."

"Gwaenchana! You've been working hard to win over my father.. and this is the least that I can do to thank my beautiful wife for all that she did."

She giggled, "Since you put it that way.. I don't feel tired anymore, oppa. So.. what shall we do next?"

When Jong Kook had a strange smile on his face, Ji Hyo began to feel anxious, "Wae geu rae? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Nothing. I was just.. excited."

"Excited? Omo.. oppa. You're making me nervous!"

He laughed at her reaction, "You'll know what I mean once you've finished your food."

 

Once the romantic dinner was over, Jong Kook followed Ji Hyo to the kitchen. She wanted to wash the dirty plates, but he wouldn't allow her. When she refused, he used his strength to carry his wife to the bedroom - telling her to seat on the bed while he gave the actress a special massage. "That feels nice," Ji Hyo was able to relax when Jong Kook massaged her stiff shoulders. He leaned forward and whispered to her ears, "I know how to make you feel even better." As she couldn't think of anything else that he could have prepared for her, Ji Hyo asked her husband to clarify, "What could be better than a good massage?"

 

He kissed her on the cheek as an answer, then travelled down to her neck while his fingers working on exposing her bare shoulder. Ji Hyo 'understood' his signal and let her husband to take off her clothes - piece by piece. Jong Kook also prepared himself for the intimate moment, which was something that he's been longing to do with the woman he married for almost a year. He carried the Ace to the bathroom, placing his wife carefully in the bathtub that was filled with warm water and petals of red roses that he prepared for her. Next, he swiftly shared the space with Ji Hyo, sinking his whole body into the water and let her 'rest' on top of him. "I didn't know you have a 'tummy' now," he teased his wife as his hands were running on her lower abs - feeling Ji Hyo's soft skin that rightfully 'belongs' to him. She laughed in denial, "That's because I just had a great dinner prepared by my sweet husband."