The Fight We Ended

How Come You Don't Know?

It's been 5 days she landed her feet on the land of Taiwan, yet till now Ji Hyo hadn't got the chance to chat over the phone with Jong Kook. Not that she has forgotten about her man, but her tight schedule for shooting with Bo Lin plus managing the investment project on behalf of the Kims gave no room for the Ace to spend some hours on her personal matters. To add to the problem, Ji Hyo broke her phone when she was about to get into the company's vehicle the moment they arrived in Taiwan - all thanks to a mysterious man who accidentally bumped into her from the opposite direction. Therefore she was only reachable via her temporary local (Taiwan) mobile number that she bought at the airport, and Tae Jun was the only person who has her contact details.

 

"Mian Seong-Im. I know that I've promised to send your phone for repair, but I was too busy meeting the people for the project that we're working on," Tae Jun shoved back the broken smartphone to the owner with a guilty face.

Ji Hyo heaved a sigh as she accepted the item from the man, "Gwaenchana. I'll get it fix when we return to Korea tomorrow. I was just worried about Jong Kook oppa. Did he contacted you in the last few days?"

"He did.. actually. But my phone signal was very weak and it only went through my voicemail."

"Ah.. jinjjayo? Is there any message from him.. for me?" Ji Hyo was very hopeful that her man would be concerned of her, but her heart shattered when Tae Jun shook his head.

"Nothing.. and so far I didn't receive any text message from him. Anyway.. your show with Bo Lin is over, right? So what have you planned to do next?" Tae Jun changed the topic before Ji Hyo could ask any further.

 

The Ace explained how she decided to come clean with Bo Lin about her pregnancy and her relationship with Jong Kook, knowing that she owed the truth to the young man who seemed to have fallen for her beyond the camera. Though he never mentioned it explicitly, the way Bo Lin treated her as a woman was obviously more than 'just-a-friend' relationship. "He wanted me to meet his parents before I fly back to Korea, but I don't think it's right for me to do that since we're no longer attached to the show. Don't you agree that?" Ji Hyo sipped her cup of coffee and waited patiently for Tae Jun to respond. It took a while for the man to answer, "Well.. for me taking a woman to meet up with my parents is a big move, Seong-Im. So he must be really serious about having a relationship with you."

 

"Which reminded me of something. I'm not saying this because I'm upset. But Jong Kook oppa.. he hasn't really introduce me to his parents when we got married. I guess that's the reason we ended up this way," Ji Hyo fake a smile as she hid her sadness.

"Do you.. ever regret of marrying him?" Tae Jun's eyes were scanning for Ji Hyo's reaction to his question.

She merely sighed, "To be honest.. I don't know. Maybe I was hoping for a fairytale in my life, but judging from our situation right now it's better not to put so much hope for it. Perhaps we're better off this way."

"What about the baby? How do you plan to raise your child?"

Her hand gently rubbing on her stomach, "This baby will still receive much love from me and Jong Kook oppa.. even when we're miles apart. He already told me that he's looking forward to become a father, so now it's up to both of us to make it happen for our little one."

 

Looking at the way Ji Hyo was responding, Tae Jun began to feel sorry for the actress. Little she knew about the plan that Mr. Kim has set for her, of which Tae Jun was the person to carry out the mission for the wedding to take place. "Seong-Im aah.. I have a confession to make. But first, promise me that you won't be mad," he carefully arranged his words to prepare Ji Hyo for the shocking news. The Ace was getting anxious, "What is it? You're making me nervous Tae Jun!"

 

"Seong-Im aah.. please don't judge me or Jong Kook because of the thing that I'm about to tell you. We only want to protect you and the innocent child from becoming the victim of this situation, so that no one will say anything bad about your pregnancy when you can't hide it from the public anymore."

"You're talking in rhythm, Tae Jun. I don't understand."

"Geurae. I'll tell you what you need to know, so please listen carefully. At this moment while we're in Taiwan.. Jong Kook is already preparing for his own wedding in Korea. If he ended up marrying Geun Young tomorrow, then we have agreed to go with plan B."

"Mwo? Jong Kook oppa is getting married?! To.. to Geun Young?!" Ji Hyo was too shock to hear the news about her man that she missed out the 'plan B' announcement by Tae Jun.

"Seong-Im, mianhae. I'm supposed to keep this as a secret from you.. but I think it would be much easier if you find out about it sooner. So tomorrow, you and I will have to prepare ourselves for whatever the outcome later. We're going to attend the wedding ceremony together and see if plan B is necessary.."

Ji Hyo only realized about the 'plan B' after Tae Jun had mentioned it twice, "Wait a second. Plan B? What's plan B?"

As he about to explain to her, Tae Jun held Ji Hyo's hand and cupped it gently, "Plan B.. is about me taking care of you and your baby.. as your lawful husband."

 

The Ace immediately took back her hand and stood on her feet - frozen. Her eyes were gazing deep at Tae Jun's face, wondering if she heard it correctly. The man in front of her also got up from the chair, and now they both were staring at each other in silence. Trying her best to control her anger, Ji Hyo 'politely' asking Tae Jun to leave her alone. "Listen to me first, Seong-Im. It's not that I wanted to take Jong Kook's place in your life.. but like I said it's for the best of your future and also the child in case he couldn't get away from marrying Geun Young," Tae Jun defended himself.

 

"Thanks, but no Tae Jun. I don't need another man to sacrifice himself for me or my child when Jong Kook himself couldn't be bothered to fight for his love ones. Geurae! Tell Jong Kook to proceed with his wedding with Geun Young and keep on hiding in his father's shadow like he always does. I'm done and tired of waiting for him to 'grow up' so I'm going to take care of the baby myself while he lives happily ever after with the woman approved by his father."

"But you've got it all wrong, Seong-Im. Jong Kook is not.."

"That's enough! Please don't mention that name in front of me anymore. I'm sick of it!" Ji Hyo could no longer hold her anger and stormed away from the living room without looking back at her housemate.

 

Tae Jun's eyes watched closely as the actress disappeared from his view and went into her bedroom. The conversation between them wasn't going so well, but there's a bigger problem that cluttered his mind. Just before he had the talk with Ji Hyo, Tae Jun received a text message from Mr. Kim:

 

'I gave you enough time to prepare what you need. Tomorrow, come to my son's wedding with the evidence that you have done your job well. I want to give it as a 'present' for my Jong Kook. DO NOT fail me.. or you will be the one on my revenge list.'