The Life We Protected

How Come You Don't Know?

As they were in a public area, Kwang Soo couldn't screamed in anger at the Commander after listening about the SpartAce broken marriage. The tall guy was extremely disappointed at his two seniors for making such a hasty decision, when all these while they went to him for support and even made him kept their secret from others. "I hope you two will realize what you've lost," that was all that Kwang Soo could say before walking away from Jong Kook.

 

From afar, Ji Hyo saw the youngest member of Running Man approaching the team - followed by Jong Kook from behind. Though she doesn't know the details, it was obvious to her that Kwang Soo was very angry. The Ace assumed that the Sparta has validated her story about their divorce, hence she decided not to say a word to her dongsaeng for the time being. "Yaa.. Kwang Soo! What's with the long face? Are you afraid to fly?" Jae Suk who doesn't know anything about the truth simply assumed that the tall guy was not keen for a long distance flight.

 

"Omo.. please don't puke on me when we're on board!" Haha made a joke as his seat was next to Kwang Soo. The rest of the Running Man members were laughing hard, thinking that it was the normal 'Kwang Soo' thing. When it's time to get into the plane, everyone went to the seat that was assigned to them and prepared themselves for take-off. Gary who got the seat next to the Ace was very excited to show the 'ring' that was given by Ji Hyo in the last episode, "Remember this? I wear it today.. for good luck!".

 

Ji Hyo responded with a smile. She knew Gary loves to with the Monday Couple thingy, so none of his words or actions was taken seriously. But not to her knowledge, Jong Kook was slightly hurt when he overheard their conversation, "That's not even a real ring, Gary ah! Anyone can simply get it for free!". Ji Hyo turned around and shot a stare at the Commander, "Wae? Do you want one, oppa? I can give it to you too since it's.. free!"

 

Suk Jin who was seating next to Jong Kook decided to chip in, "Yaa.. if you two keep arguing like that, other people will think that you guys should get marry!". "Which I bet will be a 'short' one.. right hyung?" Kwang Soo took the chance to mock the SpartAce. Fortunately none (except Jong Kook and Ji Hyo) could 'read between the line', and just assumed that Kwang Soo was trying to provoke the Commander like he always does. So the conversation moved on to different topics, until one by one decided to take a nap due to long-hours destination.

 

The moment they arrived in Dubai, all crews and Running Man casts were taken to the hotel for check-in. As he was very concerned with Ji Hyo's pregnancy, Jong Kook never let his woman to do all the hard work and so he helped to carry her luggage to her room. "Thanks, oppa. You should go back to your room now and have a rest," Ji Hyo was very glad that Jong Kook took good care of her as always. The Commander smiled as he tucked her hair behind the ear, "If you need anything, just let me know quickly, arachi? Don't push yourself too hard during the game tomorrow. Remember.. there is 'a little human' in you."

 

"Sshh! Keep it down. Others might hear you," Ji Hyo was very worried that someone else will find out their biggest secret before she's ready to spill out the truth. The SpartAce decided not to tell anyone including Kwang Soo about her pregnancy, as Ji Hyo doesn't want the tall guy to blame them even more for their 'broken' relationship. Also, the Ace was afraid that Kwang Soo will force her to take a break from Running Man should he knows about the baby - which could result in a complex situation where she had to justify her decision to leave the show. Though someday she had to let others know about her real condition, for now the Ace refused to back down and wanted to give her best for the loyal fans.

 

Just as advised by her man, Ji Hyo avoided all the extreme activities whenever she got the options to choose from. Instead of skydiving with the Commander, she decided to tag along with her Monday Boyfriend Gary and only took part in easy missions that don't require physical strength and definitely not risky for her pregnancy. To Jae Suk, Suk Jin and Haha, it was quite strange for the Ace to refuse the skydiving and zipwire challenge, when all these years Ji Hyo is one of the bravest members in Running Man other than Mr. Capable. They did questioned her decision when the camera wasn't rolling, but the actress simply replied that she wanted to hang out with Gary so they could create some Monday Couple moments for the fans.

 

Kwang Soo on the other hand, had a different perspective. He believed that Ji Hyo purposely wanted to avoid Jong Kook, therefore the actress turned down the opportunity to try out all the extreme activities. But when the PD announced that the losers will have to spend a night out in a dessert, Kwang Soo knew that most of the male casts will not let the female players to sleep outdoor in the cold weather. Hence he (as well as Jong Kook, Jae Suk, Suk Jin and Haha) were very upset when Gary jumped over to snatch the flag before Ji Hyo could, just to secure himself an overnight stay at a luxurious hotel. Therefore they purposely let the actress win the final spot, and sacrificed themselves the comfort of sleeping on a proper bed.

 

As usual before they went to sleep, Jong Kook paid a visit to Ji Hyo's room. He couldn't rest without knowing the condition of his pregnant 'ex-wife', especially after a tiring day for the shoot. "I wish I can skydiving with you, oppa. That will be awesome!" Ji Hyo was a bit frustrated that she couldn't experience the thrilling adventure in Dubai. When she heaved a sigh and frowned, Jong Kook tilted her chin with one finger and stared into her eyes as he said, "We can still do it together.. when the baby is born. Right now I need you to take good care of our child, arasso?"

 

Ji Hyo nodded weakly, "Arasso. But oppa.. honestly I'm scared. When I went to your father's office last time to tender my resignation, Tae Jun told me that I had to wait for at least 3 months before I can leave. That means.. I still have to go with him to Taiwan to get the project done even though your father has aware of our divorce. Otteoke? Do you think I should follow your father's request?"

"Jinjja? Hmm.. that's not how we planned it. Never mind. I'll talk to Tae Jun later and ask about this. I'm sure there's a good explanation why you still need to work for my father. In the meantime, just focus on finishing your show with Bo Lin. Give your best to satisfy your audience and made them believe that you have found your soulmate. By the way.. does Bo Lin know that you'll be going to Taiwan?"

"Not yet.. and I don't plan to tell him. Let it be a surprise," Ji Hyo smiled.

"Well.. lucky him! Thank God that you two are not for real. Otherwise, I'll be extremely jealous right now!" the Commander pouted his lips.

Jong Kook's reaction has successfully made her laugh, "Aish.. oppa. That just proves how much you love me still! Gomawo."

 

Jong Kook's face was beaming. He's happy whenever she's happy. No matter what happened between them, their love had grown stronger. It survived the odd - from the first day of their marriage till the day when Ji Hyo got pregnant. No one could change the way they feel about each other, although to the eyes of the others their relationship was already broken. "Someday.. I will proudly call you as my wife, Ji Hyo. Without fear. Without secret. I promise," he kissed her hand gently as he made a vow to the woman he loves most.