The Enemy We Trusted

How Come You Don't Know?

His mouth was wide agape. He blinked his eyes for a couple of time, questioning himself if he was 'hearing' thing that's far from the truth. Not a single word came out from him as a response to Ji Hyo's confession, and for a long minute Jong Kook was still trying to process the information. "Did.. did you say.. pregnant? Like pregnant and have a baby.. in your tummy?" though he asked silly questions, Ji Hyo was not laughing. She knew he must be shocked by the news, especially when they were seriously talking about 'divorce' and so on.

 

"But that wasn't confirm yet, oppa. I only checked using pregnancy test kit and it may not be accurate," she explained to her man who was gradually became excited to welcome the 'new member' into their family. Having a child out of their marriage was indeed a dream come true for SpartAce, however the good news arrived at a challenging period of their relationship. As a new mother Ji Hyo was extremely worried about the future of her child in the hands of the Kims, until the 'misunderstanding' between her and Jong Kook's parents been resolved completely. Not only the actress was concerned with the wellbeing of her little one, but also the reaction from her in-laws should they know about her first pregnancy.

 

When he realized that he will soon become a father, Jong Kook was extremely happy and totally had forgotten about the situation they were in. He cuddled his wife out of excitement, and repeatedly kissed her cheek to thank his woman for the wonderful 'gift' that he's been dreaming of. Nevertheless, Jong Kook was having fear when Ji Hyo informed him that it could be a 'false alarm'. "So let me take you to the doctor tomorrow, yeobo. You need a proper checkup. I'll tell Tae Jun that you have to take medical leave till end of this week. I'm sure he can understand," his eyes were sparkling as he stared at her face.

 

Instead of showing her excitement to become a mother, the Ace let out a heavy sigh, "You know that I can't go to the doctor, oppa. What will the people say when a famous.. 'single' actress like me is suddenly having a baby? Will I be able to explain myself to the whole world without speaking about our marriage?". Those questions made the Commander lost his words. It reminded him that their relationship status was still unknown to many people, and because of that it will be impossible for his wife to freely seeking for treatment especially in Korea. Now he felt emotionally down, knowing what it really meant for them in the future. "That means.. yeobo.. are you.. serious about leaving the country? For how long?" Jong Kook's tone changed to sadness once he understood the reason for her to accept the placement in Taiwan.

 

"For as long as it take.. until your parents can accept us as a family and we can openly confess our marriage," she replied while forcing a smile.

"But what about Running Man? What about me? How can I sleep at night when my dearest wife and my newborn child are out of my sight?"

Ji Hyo took a deep breath and calmly answered, "I've thought about it, oppa. Since the filming is on weekends, it shouldn't be a problem for me to fly back from Taiwan while I can still hide my pregnancy. As for my show with Bo Lin.. I've already spoken to the producer. He has agreed to finish the shooting within the next 10 days before wrapping up the episode in Taiwan. So.. I guess we won't be seeing each other frequently except on weekends."

"The purpose I'm going with the divorce idea is to keep you here, Ji Hyo. I don't want you to disappear.. and I wish you'll give me more time to convince my father.."

"Do you think your parents will believe we divorce if I stick around you as always? No oppa. They will think that we're lying.. and then your father will keep trying to separate us even farther. So before the worst thing happened.. we must be ready to sacrifice what we have. I know it's hard for us to do this, but it's important that we protect our little one," Ji Hyo took Jong Kook's hand and placed it on her tummy, hoping that her man will feel the 'life' that was living within her.

Though he was half-hearted about it, the Commander had no choice but to accept his wife's firm decision, "If you believe that's the only way to resolve this.. I guess the next thing to do is to tell Tae Jun what we have agreed."

 

The next day, Mr. Kim received a text message from his trusted man who wished to update him on the mission that he has given. As it was his top priority at the moment (other than his company), the President immediately arranged a secret meeting with that person away from the office. "I hope you're here to bring me some good news," Mr. Kim smiled - slightly anxious to receive the information that was about to be shared with him. The old man has high hope that all his evil plans will work out the way he wanted, as he has invested a lot of money and time just to get it done.

 

"Indeed, sir. I'm sure you're happy to know that everything is ready for the lady to be relocated.. away from your son."

"Good. The farther they are the better. As long as she stays here.. my Jong Kook will never listen to me as his parent. It's time to teach my child a lesson. Also.. what about the thing that I asked you to do? Have you been successful?"

"Actually that wasn't so hard, sir. I've managed to convince Jong Kook to divorce his wife as soon as possible. He really trusts me when I said that I'm on his side, and the 'story' that you've told him.. I must say it was very brilliant. You've made my work easier with the 'conflict' that you've created."

Mr. Kim laughed, "Mian. I heard that my son had attacked you with some powerful punches after I said that you'll be living with his wife in the same apartment in Taiwan. Well.. Jong Kook must be very jealous of you back then.. isn't he, Tae Jun?"

"Gwaenchanayo. My face can take more of those punches because it's worth it. I believe the CEO position will still be mine.. am I right, sir?" Tae Jun eyes was beaming as he talked about the 'reward' that was promised to him by his uncle i.e. the owner of the Kim's empire.

The President happily nodded, "It will still be yours if you can make sure that Jong Kook will accept Geun Young as his wife and that Ji Hyo lady is out from our sight.. which reminds me, have she signed the relocation contract?"

"Ne. I gave her two weeks off so she can 'spend time' on her date with Chen Bo Lin as you suggested. I bet from now on they will not be seeing each other as often.. just the way you want it," Tae Jun responded.

Again, Mr. Kim laughed to celebrate his victory, "I know I can depend on you, Tae Jun. At least you know how to 'obey' a simple instruction.. and smart enough to understand who is in power. I wish my sons are just like you."

"Which is why I fit to be the CEO at my age.. isn't it, sir?"

"Agree. But before that.. you need to finish what you've started. I believe the time has come for you to carry out the final mission."

"With pleasure. When do you want me to do it?"

"Once she has arrived in Taiwan.. just make sure that she won't be coming back. Ever. Arachi?"

Tae Jun smiled, "As you wish, sir."