The Options We Got

How Come You Don't Know?

"Wae geu rae?!" he wasn't happy when Ji Hyo disagreed with his proposal. She just laughed it out, "First.. this is the place where I stayed for the past several years. None of my neighbours aware of our status, so people will start 'talking' if they see me living with a man in my house. And not just any man.. it's the famous Mr. Capable! Then people will start judging.. omo, is Ji Hyo really a player? How many guys is she planning to date?"

 

Jong Kook quickly denied her assumption, "Aish.. I don't think your neighbours will talk bad about us. Besides, we're both Running Man members. It's nothing weird to see me 'hanging out' with you as my 'colleague'.. don't you think?"

"That's just your opinion, oppa. You wouldn't know who are not happy with us being together. Look at how the Monday Couple fans reacted when they found out about my show with Chen Bo Lin.. everyone went berserk!" she resumed washing the plates.

 

Once she's done with the dishes, Ji Hyo walked to her living room whilst Jong Kook followed her closely from behind. They sat next to each other on the couch, and he naturally placed his arm around her shoulders. She switched on the tv, but Jong Kook was more interested to continue with the conversation. "Ji Hyo aah.. please think through about it. Once you work with appa, you won't have time to look after yourself and your place. You need someone who can take up that responsibility from you so you can focus at work. Now tell me.. who else is suitable for that 'job' if it's not your husband?"

 

She smiled at him. His eyes were beaming, and he was looking back at her with love. Ji Hyo was grateful for the attention that she got from her man, yet she was in doubt knowing the consequences of their action should they move in together. "Oppa.. you know I've been waiting for this moment, right? However, can we take things slowly instead of a rush? Let me manage the perception of your father first.. once he approved us, I have no hesitation to announce our marriage. I'm even willing to quit from Running Man if it's necessary," she stated her condition.

 

"But how else should I help you yeobo? I can't just sit around and watch you taking all the burden on your own! When I'm here.. you don't need to be strong. Let me take good care of you. It's the least that I can do for my dear wife.. please?" he made puppy eyes and pouted his lips to gain her sympathy. Ji Hyo wasn't able to hold her laugh when she saw his face, "Geurae.. geurae. I'll think about it. But in the mean time, will you help me to understand about your father's business? I don't want to come unprepared."

 

Hence they spent hours talking about the business empire of the Kim's family, of which a lot of it was quite complicated to be comprehended in just half a day. Ji Hyo almost felt like giving up - but every time she saw how much hope her husband had placed on her, she changed her mind. Ji Hyo took it as a challenge and kept her motivation high. She wanted to do the best that she can to make him proud, earning herself the title of "Kim's Daughter-In-Law'.

 

"So you'll be meeting your 'boyfriend' again tomorrow?" he asked, purposely displaying his jealousy when mentioning the 'b' word. She chuckled, happy to know how much Jong Kook was being protective over her. Ji Hyo naturally cuddled his waist - staring into his eyes with a sweet smile plastered on her face. "Wae oppa? Would you like to join us then?" she , to which he responded with a "Yaa!" and made her laughed.

 

As Jong Kook had to leave for a meeting with his agent, they gave each other a warm hug before the goodbye. He waved his hand and sent a flying kiss to his wife, so she acted as if she 'caught' then 'saved' it in her heart. Ji Hyo watched Jong Kook's car disappeared from her view, then walked back into her house with a beaming face. The thought of living under the same roof with her husband has brightened up her day - until she received another 'guest' a moment later.

 

"Annyeong Ji Hyo ssi.. finally we met," an older woman stood at her front door and greeted her with a smile. Ji Hyo was surprised to see the familiar face right in front of her very eyes, "Omo.. annyeong Mrs. Kim. How did you find me here?". She bowed to the old woman as a show of respect, then invited her to come in. From the moment she entered her space, Mrs. Kim scanned around every visible corner of Ji Hyo's house, making the actress felt nervous with her sudden visit. Fortunately she has cleaned up her place just days before, otherwise it would be an embarrassing situation for Ji Hyo should her living room is in a mess.

 

Once she sat comfortably on the couch, Ji Hyo offered to make a hot drink. "Gwaenchanayo. I had mine on the way here. Come.. I'd like to speak with you," Mrs. Kim requested the actress to sit next to herself. Obediently, Ji Hyo did as told and waited anxiously for Mrs. Kim to start the conversation. "Ji Hyo ssi.. do you know why I'm here?".

 

Ji Hyo shook her head. She was definitely clueless about the reason for Jong Kook's mother to barge into her place, though potentially the old woman would like to talk about the 'secret marriage' involving her son. As Mrs. Kim was smiling at her, Ji Hyo assumed that there's nothing to be worried about. But her heart skipped a beat when she cupped her hand as a mother and said, "Actually.. I need a favor from you."

 

"A favor? But what can I do for you Mrs. Kim?" she asked, confused and nervous of what to expect.

"Few days ago.. we met Jong Kook to discuss about his wedding with a woman of our choice, but he told us that he's married," Mrs. Kim paused to observe Ji Hyo's reaction. She continued when Ji Hyo didn't say a word, "Jong Kook never mentioned anything about his wife to us.. so we had to find out ourselves. We hired professional investigator to search for evidence, and that has brought me here for one purpose.. that is to meet his 'secret wife' which is you."

Ji Hyo felt guilty towards Jong Kook's mother, "Mianhaeyo Mrs. Kim. We didn't mean to hide our marriage from you and your husband. We couldn't tell anyone about it because.. we're not ready. Please forgive us."

"You know Ji Hyo ssi? His appa was very upset about this. It broke our hearts when our youngest son shows no respect to us as his parents. We have high hope on Jong Kook that someday.. he will resume the family's business. His older brother has chosen a profession as doctor, which means our eldest son is out from the list as the heir to our empire. Therefore we want Jong Kook to marry the daughter of our business partner.. so we can grow the company moving forward."

"I understand, Mrs. Kim.. and sorry again for causing the trouble. Actually Jong Kook oppa has told me about it, therefore I agreed to accept Mr. Kim's offer to work at his office and prove myself as the daughter-in-law of your family."

"But Ji Hyo ssi.. what if I offer you another option?" she smiled at her mysteriously.

"Another option?"

Mrs. Kim nodded, "Since it has been our dream to see Jong Kook walking down the aisle with his lovely wife.. would you mind to start all over again?"

Ji Hyo became more confused, "Start again? Meaning?"

"I know that right now you're busy shooting with your on-screen partner. Also you need to manage people's perception about your relationship with Kang Gary. It wouldn't be good for your reputation should your fans aware of your marital status at this point of time. They might even blame my son for 'stealing' another man's girlfriend. I don't want all that."

 

"So what can I do for you, Mrs. Kim?" Ji Hyo asked, to which the old woman answered, "Can you convince Jong Kook to divorce you secretly so we can officially hold a wedding as if you two have never been married before?"