The Explanation We Prepared

How Come You Don't Know?

In his office, Mr. Kim held a secret meeting with the man that carried an important mission - to observe Jong Kook and the 'daughter-in-law' that he never approved. It's been weeks since he sent out his spy to do the job on his behalf, making sure that he got the upper hand information that will give him the power to control his own son and play 'God' in determining Jong Kook's future for his own benefits.

 

"Have they decided to meet the lawyer?" Mr. Kim was only interested to hear news that is important to him.

The spy reported his observation, "From what we gathered, both of them have no interest to end their marriage, sir. In fact, they were getting closer these few days. She also stayed for a night at your son's house before going to Bali."

The answer made the old man filled with anger, "Mwo?! Even after she received those pictures.. they still refused to get a divorce?!"

"Ne. It seems that the two are strongly bonded and not affected by our plan earlier. In my opinion, it won't be easy to turn them against each other with a minor scam, unless.."

"Ah ni. It's too early to go to that extreme. Besides, that woman will be working for me this Monday. I know exactly how I can 'use' her."

"So what do you need us to do next, sir?" the spy awaited for new instruction.

After giving a thought, Mr. Kim came up with an idea. "She's currently attached to that show in China.. am I right?"

"Ne."

"Good. Now get me the producer of that show. I have a 'good news' to inform him."

 

Once he sent off the spy, Mr. Kim was laughing alone at his desk. He felt that this time, his plan will work out well should his man did a good job in carrying out all of his instructions that worth a lot of money. "I just need to create a reason for them to be separated.. then I'll make it legal," the old man smiled as he visualized his success. For someone who couldn't accept failure as an answer, Mr. Kim would do anything to get what he desired - even if he has to 'destroy' the life of his enemies.

 

Back in Bali, the Orange Juice Couple were enjoying the self-cooked food that they prepared together. To Ji Hyo, she wanted to thank the young actor for being her superhero and defeat the bugs for her. But to Bo Lin, he was searching for the right moment to confess his feeling to the actress. Knowing that Ji Hyo wasn't going to accept a direct confession (because she already has a man in reality), Bo Lin had a better idea. He used the little robot named Robi to express his love on behalf of him. That was on top of the bouquet of red roses that he gave to her as a start.

 

However, the confession was a failure. Instead of getting the actress to return his feeling on screen, Ji Hyo's focus was merely on Robi's cuteness when it said "I love you too" after Bo Lin spoke the words "I like you" to the little robot. She seemed to be clueless with his intention, which was a big disappointment to the young actor. Not to his knowledge, Ji Hyo actually got the 'message', yet she pretended that she didn't understand him as the confession came too soon and without warning.

 

"That's a wrap!" the director announced the end of their shooting in Bali. It was a nice experience abroad for the Orange Juice Couple, with a lot of activities done together and brought them closer. Ji Hyo couldn't wait to return to Korea and be with her husband, but first she needed to pack up her belongings and check out from the resort where she stayed with Bo Lin. "Let me help you with that," the young actor took over the task of carrying the luggage for the actress before she could refuse him. It seems that he was putting great efforts to show that he can take good care of her - whether it's for the show or behind the scene.

 

As they were heading to different destination, Ji Hyo was relieved that she doesn't need to travel home with Bo Lin. "I guess this is where we say goodbye.. for now," he took out his hand as a gesture of farewell. When Ji Hyo accepted the handshake, Bo Lin surprised the actress by pulling her body into his cuddle - caressed her long hair and whispered "I'm going to miss my Momo," to her ear. She gently detached herself from him as there were many eyes watching, with some people cheering for the sudden romance at the airport.

 

Knowing the consequences of such incident, Ji Hyo immediately 'reported' the details to her husband via text messages:

Ji Hyo: Oppa. I'm on my way home from Bali. But first, I have to tell you something. If you ever saw a picture of me and Bo Lin cuddling at the airport, that wasn't my plan. He did it without asking my permission, therefore please don't assume the worst. I love you more than anything, so there's no reason for me to cheat on you. You do believe in me.. don't you?

 

The Commander replied to her message a minute later.

 

Jong Kook: Mwo? Aish.. that boy! Always know when to take advantage on my lady. Gwaenchana yeobo. I believe only you from this moment, but still I want to know the details of your date in Bali. When will you be arriving?

Ji Hyo: Around 6:30pm. Can you pick me up at the airport?

Jong Kook: Of course I will, yeobo. It's already in my plan. I miss my beautiful wife so much that I couldn't wait to see her and take my queen to a special dinner.

Ji Hyo: Jinjja? Omo.. my sweet husband is always full of surprises! Sarangahaeyo oppa.

Jong Kook: Saranghaeyo my pretty Ji Hyo. Come home safely into my arms.. arachi?

Ji Hyo: I will oppa. Got to switch off my handphone now. The plane is ready to leave.

Jong Kook: Okay dear. I'll meet you at the airport. Give me a call once you've arrived. Enjoy the flight!

Ji Hyo: Ne oppa. I'll see you soon. Bye!

 

She couldn't stop smiling. It has been a wonderful 'time-off' for the actress right before she got herself busy with double jobs on Monday, now that she doesn't need to worry about getting into a big fight with her husband. Filling him with the details sooner than the 'informal channel' was the right move, which is the only way for them to earn trust from each other in such situation.

 

While alone in the flight, Ji Hyo tried to figure out ways to explain to Jong Kook about the date that she went through with Bo Lin. There were so many 'romantic moments' in Bali - which knowing the Commander, he will definitely 'dislike' all the attention that she received from her on-screen partner. During the vacation, the Orange Juice Couple had so much fun at the beach, playing couple games that involved a lot of skinship and sharing new adventures that she hasn't done with her husband. All that were captured by the cameras for the eyes of the audience, which someday will be watched by her husband and her in-laws should they follow the show via online.

 

Now comes the hardest part. Ji Hyo was so concerned with Jong Kook's reaction should he knows what really happened in Bali. On top of the fun and the casual skinship with Bo Lin, Ji Hyo wasn't sure how to explain two significant events that could upset her husband and his parents i.e. the fake kissing during the couple game, and the confession by Bo Lin that she didn't expected. To add to the challenge, Ji Hyo hasn't told Jong Kook that she was sharing accommodation with Bo Lin throughout her stay. So the question was - will he still believe in her after she broke her promise to him?