The Term We Overruled

How Come You Don't Know?

The men were given a tablet pc, which contained a video showing two of the crews putting a duct tape on Ji Hyo's mouth and took her away right after Gary left with Jae Suk. Of course it was just an act to create a plot for the mission, but Jong Kook wasn't happy to watch the scene. He scolded the PD for the way Ji Hyo was treated, "How can you do that to her before she has her breakfast? It's bad enough that we don't get enough sleep!"

 

"Yaa hyung! I think we all can go back to sleep except for Gary since this mission seems to be for him," Haha cracked a joke that wasn't funny to Jong Kook. Gary made it worse by refusing to take up the 'rescue' mission, "No thanks! I already have a partner today. She can survives on her own without me." "Yaa.. Gary was really hurt because she dumped him!" Jae Suk laughed at his partner for the statement he made. Then Kwang Soo chipped in, "But seriously noona doesn't need our help. She can save herself without us doing anything." Suk Jin also responded to the comments, "So we just stay here and continue to eat?"

 

(2 hours ago)

 

Ji Hyo received a phone call from one of the crews at 5am, which she thought has something to do with the mission for that day. However, it was beyond her expectation when the crew informed that she needed to fly to China that morning for an urgent meeting with the producer of "We Are In Love". At first the news doesn't make sense to her, but Ji Hyo was too sleepy to think deep and just obeyed to the sudden request. Hence, she came out with a plan to leave the hotel without being detected by the Running Man members. With the help from the crews, they created a fake mission and staged an act which was recorded as an evidence to deceive the male casts.

 

The plan went perfectly fine and she arrived in China as scheduled. A car was already sent to pick her up, and she was taken to a destination that wasn't familiar to her. The PD already reminded the Ace that she shouldn't disclose her location to any of the Running Man members, as that will spoil the mission that was given to them earlier. Hence, Ji Hyo just sent a simple text message to her husband informing him that she is okay and reminded him to focus on the show.

 

"This way, Song Ji Hyo ssi."

 

The actress was ushered into a golf course by the same man who escorted her from the China airport, and from a distance she could see the back of the person who was waiting for her arrival. When the person turned around to face her, Ji Hyo was slightly surprised by his identity and immediately greeted the man with respect. "I'm sure you're not prepared for this meeting.. am I right Ji Hyo ssi?" Mr. Kim wasn't smiling when he invited the actress to take a seat. His eyes were sternly locked on her face - as if he was ready to shoot bullets of questions to Ji Hyo.

 

"Ne.. but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be here as I have an appointment with someone else," she wondered if she had missed her meeting with the producer of her Chinese show or was it just a scam to bring her there in the middle of filming. She became anxious when Mr. Kim was laughing at her confusion, "You are at the right place, Ji Hyo ssi. I've told my people to bring you here.. away from my son and anyone who knows about you two."

 

The answer from Jong Kook's father made her heartbeat raced. Ji Hyo kept staring at Jong Kook's father - trying to figure out his real intention for arranging a secret meeting with him. But she couldn't read the old man's mind. It was carefully hidden behind his mysterious smile and the way he spoke to her. "That means.. the meeting with the producer.." before Ji Hyo could finish her sentence, Mr. Kim replied, "Yes. I made that up, because we need to have a serious discussion about your marriage to my son.. if you understand what I mean."

 

She nodded. Though she was getting nervous, Ji Hyo tried to stay calm, "If you would like to know my decision about the options.. then I'm happy to say that I'm willing to accept your offer, Mr. Kim. Please take good care of me throughout my employment with your company."

But he was laughing at her, "You really don't get this.. do you?"

There was a silence.

Mr. Kim sent a sharp stare into her eyes, "That offer.. wasn't meant to give you my permission to keep your marriage to my son. I am not keen to make your life easier by giving you a position in my company and assume that the problem is solved. Cause even if I do.. it won't be something that you would want to consider, Song Ji Hyo ssi."

"I understand your point, Mr. Kim.. and I do know the risk that I'm taking when I agreed to this. But I will not claim my defeat before I take the chance to prove myself to you and your family. I'm sincerely in love with your son, Mr. Kim. I take full responsibility as his wife and so does my husband when we decided to get married. Hence, I don't have a reason to leave him or to break his heart the way you want me to," she spoke softly, but in a firm voice.

"Again you're missing the point here. Perhaps I wasn't making myself clear about this. I'm telling you to get a divorce.. Song Ji Hyo ssi. Do it now before I give you a strong reason why you should."

"I'm afraid I can't, Mr. Kim. I wasn't born to become a coward or to succumb to unreasonable demand like this. Maybe you're not familiar of who I am as a person, but most people know me as the Ace and a fighter. So just like how I did my missions, I will give my very best to prove why I deserved to be Kim Jong Kook's wife.. and why he has chosen me out of the rest."

"You're persistent, Ji Hyo ssi. I like that.. but I think you have underestimated the challenge that I gave to you. I am a person who is not afraid to use my power when I deemed necessary, young lady. So for your own good.. let's reach to an agreement which is to give up on your useless marriage, shall we?"

Ji Hyo forced a small laugh, "Then I think we both have failed to understand each other, Mr. Kim.. because I won't be changing my mind even if you want me to. Marriage is not a game that you can bet on or easily walk out from whenever you feel like, but to me it is a lifetime commitment that was built on love and trust between a man and a woman. So forgive me for my inability to accept your term, Mr. Kim.. and let me know when you're ready to call me to work. I'll excuse myself for now. Thank you for your time. It was nice meeting you."

 

She stood up and bowed at Jong Kook's father who was surprised by her firm response. Ji Hyo couldn't believe what she just did, yet she didn't regret her words for a second. Though she was scared of the impression that she left on Mr. Kim, Ji Hyo knew that it was necessary for her to step up and fight. "You just made the biggest mistake of your life, young woman! You hear me?!" the old man shouted, but the Ace kept moving forward with a smile as she walked away from the place with confidence.