The Conversation We Hold

How Come You Don't Know?

Gary was haunted by guilt and felt uneasy after what he did to his Monday Girlfriend during the Running Man filming. The desire to win himself a comfortable stay in a luxurious hotel room made him competitive even against Ji Hyo - the person who has helped him to pass every challenge throughout the game. She has made it easy for him, but in return he 'betrayed' the woman that he had a crush on and literally let her 'eat his dust'. At that moment, Gary hated how the show has changed him so much. There were times when he forgot that Ji Hyo is a lady, therefore he failed to be a gentleman around her. That's exactly what happened earlier when the camera was rolling.

 

"Maybe I should personally apologize to her. I hope she hasn't sleep at this hour," the rapper took a deep breath as he left his room to find the actress. In his mind, Gary was busy preparing the 'script' that he wanted to say to Ji Hyo when he met her. But as he walked on the hallway, the rapper saw a familiar figure standing in front of the Ace's room. Though he has no intention to eavesdrop their conversation, but Gary felt that he should hide himself and not to disturb the SpartAce moment. So he just quietly observed them from afar.

 

But Gary was surprised by what he saw. Right in front of his very eyes, Jong Kook kissed Ji Hyo's hand and she seemed to be fine with it. It was like the two were very comfortable and affectionate to one another, which was something new to the rapper. "It can't be.. are they secretly dating? Whoah.." Gary mumbled alone as he continued to spy on the two Running Man members. When Jong Kook walked away from Ji Hyo's room, Gary changed his mind and decided to follow the Commander. He was desperate to know the truth and he just had to do it there and then.

 

"Hyung! Wait up," Gary pretended to appear from the emergency stairs as if he didn't know where Jong Kook was coming from.

The Commander paused his step and turned around to look at the rapper, "Gary? What are you doing here?"

The rapper smiled sheepishly, "Nothing. Just taking some fresh air. What about you?"

"I.. umm.. I just had a small talk with Ji Hyo about the game earlier. You know she's really upset with you," Jong Kook made up a lie in order to avoid from discussing on his relationship with Ji Hyo.

Gary laughed awkwardly, "Jeongmal? Well.. I don't know what got into me at that time. Maybe I really hate sleeping out in the desert, so I became too focus on winning the game. Actually.. I wanted to see her and apologize for that, but then.."

"What?"

"I.. I saw you were talking to Ji Hyo just now.. and you sort of.. kiss her hand," Gary was hesitated to tell the truth.

Jong Kook was slightly panic when he heard Gary's confession, "You.. you saw everything? Were you eavesdropping as well?"

"Ahni! I didn't hear anything. I was too far to listen to your conversation. But hyung.. what was that about? Have you two been secretly dating?"

Jong Kook heaved a sigh, "It's not what you think, Gary aah. I was just worried about her. You know she's like my own sister. So when she's hurt.. I was hurt too. I was trying to comfort Ji Hyo. That's all."

"Hyung, brothers don't kiss their sister's hand like that. They will simply talk.. or side-hug.. maybe. But a kiss? I think you haven't realized that you like Ji Hyo more than that. I know that because.. I tried to kiss her once before.. when I really had fallen for her."

"Do you still have the same feeling towards her?" Jong Kook was worried if Gary hasn't move on with his crush.

It took a while for the rapper to reply, "I don't know. It's hard to tell. But if you and Ji Hyo are already in a relationship.. then I'm not going to interfere with that. As long as she's happy with you, I am willing to back-off from the Monday Couple thingy. Just let me know the truth."

"Gomabta, Gary aah. I know your intention is good, but right now I can only tell you that Ji Hyo is not having the same feeling towards me. She has Bo Lin at the moment.. so I can't forced her to make a decision until I'm pretty sure that her heart is not taken. For now.. let me love her secretly, which I think you know exactly what I need your help with."

"Are you referring to the Monday Couple moments?"

Jong Kook nodded, "Can you think of a way to make the fans accept the fact that you and Ji Hyo are no longer an item?"

"Omo.. that's a tough request. Let me discuss with the new PD. Maybe he has a good idea," Gary smiled and patted on Jong Kook's shoulder.

"That would be great, Gary aah. Also.. I hope you won't tell anyone including Ji Hyo about our conversation tonight. I don't want her to feel awkward around the others especially when she's with me. Until I'm really sure about her feeling, you have to keep this as a secret for as long as it takes. Can you promise me that?"

"Arasso.. arasso. I promise that I won't say anything to anyone about this. Your secret is safe with me. But if I can offer you an advice.. I think you should move fast, hyung. Don't wait until Bo Lin has captured her heart. If you really love Ji Hyo like you said.. show some efforts and do something special for the woman. Remember.. there are other guys out there who can't wait to be her man. So, Kim Jong Kook.. hwaiting!'

The Commander giggled, "Gomawo for cheering me! I'll keep your words in mind. Mian.. I'd like to stay and chat with you, but I got to make an urgent phone call. See you tomorrow, my dongsaeng!"

 

Jong Kook went back to his room with a big smile. He was happy that Gary has committed to 'end' the Monday Couple moments for the sake of him, which means he doesn't need to feel anxious or jealous towards Ji Hyo and her Monday Boyfriend anymore. He can now focus on the game without worrying about another male trying to 'flirt' with his woman, though he couldn't do much whenever Ji Hyo's fan boys appeared in an episode and showed their interest on her. "Sorry Monday Couple fans.. SpartAce is taking over," Jong Kook proudly said as he unlocked the door to his room.

 

Once he entered, the first thing he did was searching for his handphone. Jong Kook doesn't care what the time was - he only focus on getting the answer by tonight. The Commander browse through his phone book and immediately dialed a number. "Yoboseyo? Tae Jun aah. I know it's not a good time to talk.. but I have something urgent to ask you. It's about Ji Hyo. Can you spend a minute for me?"

 

"Geurae.. give me a second," Tae Jun replied before he continued, "What is it that you want to ask?"

"About her resignation. I thought we have agreed that once Ji Hyo and I have signed the divorce paper.. she can escape from having to go to Taiwan. But why did she said that you told her otherwise?"

"Oh.. about that. Well.. can we discuss once you're back in Korea? I can't tell you over the phone. It's.. complicated," Tae Jun was reluctant to answer to his cousin's query on the spot.

"Arasso. Let's meet up urgently. I'll give you a call when I have arrived. See you soon!" Jong Kook ended the conversation with a big question in his mind - can Tae Jun be trusted after all?