The Future We Imagined

How Come You Don't Know?

"So why did you two decided to tell me and not the others?" Kwang Soo was curious with the decision made by SpartAce. He wasn't really involved with the two strong members of Running Man outside of the show, hence it was odd for them to share their secret with him. Jong Kook looked at his wife who was smiling at him. Then he calmly replied, "Because Ji Hyo trust you.. therefore I trust you more. I don't want the same misunderstanding happened to us when dealing with rumours and lies, so we're hoping that you could remind us in case we forgot how much we love each other."

 

The Commander's answer had amazed the tall man, "Whoah.. hyung! When did you learned to become romantic like that? Now I feel weird looking at you and your muscles." The SpartAce shared a laugh. Usually in front of the camera Jong Kook would have beaten his dongsaeng for such comment, but in reality he truly appreciates Kwang Soo as a friend. Despite being an icon of betrayal, the youngest member of Running Man was actually a person who can be depended on when in need. He always respect other casts who are older than he is and took care of them whenever he could.

 

When Ji Hyo got up to take the dirty dishes to the sink, Jong KooK secretly whispered to Kwang Soo, "Can you look after my yeoja when I'm not around? Also, if you sense other guy trying to flirt with her.. let me know immediately and do what you can to keep my Ji Hyo away from those.. maggots." Kwang Soo burst into laughter, "How am I supposed to do that? Hyung.. aren't you worried if others might think that I like your girlfriend?". "Aish! I know you wouldn't dare to cross the line. That's why I trust you with her," Jong KooK smiled as he patted the young man's shoulder.

 

The three of them spent the next two hours watching TV, until Kwang Soo could no longer tolerate the ongoing romance and sweet talk between SpartAce right in front of his very eyes. "Just stay till dinner Kwang Soo aah," Ji Hyo said when they walked their dongsaeng to the front door. The tall guy just smiled and shook his head, "I'm giving you some space to do what couple usually does.. without the third wheel. So thank you noona.. hyung, for sharing the good news with me. Hwaiting! I'm so happy for you." He opened his arms - hugged his hyung and noona to congratulate them for their relationship.

 

"Thanks again Kwang Soo! Remember the deal!" Jong Kook left a reminder just before his friend disappeared from his view. Ji Hyo stared at her man curiously, "Deal? What deal?". He wrapped his hand around her shoulders and guided her back to the living room, "Nothing to worry about, my love. It's a 'man-to-man' thing that woman won't understand." She pouted her lips in disappointment. Ji Hyo glanced at her wristwatch and just realized something, "Omo! I'm supposed to call the producer in 5 minutes! I guess he wanted to talk about the next destination for the shoot."

 

Jong Kook sighed, "You mean for your next date with my 'enemy'?". Ji Hyo giggled and caressed his face, "Aigoo! Poor my namja is jealous. Gwaenchana.. I won't bring my heart with me when I travel. So keep it safely in you.. arachi?". Only then Jong Kook's face was beaming. They shared a quick kiss before Ji Hyo went to make the important call to the producer of "We Are In Love". Jong Kook sat on his couch - scrolling though the newsfeed about him and his wife. But lately, there were more articles written on Orange Juice Couple, which he refused to believe any of them.

 

Once she returned to his side, Jong Kook immediately prompt a question, "So where are you going this time? Jeju? Seoul?". Instead of answering, her eyes were looking at him with guilt. Ji Hyo seemed to be reluctant to answer, which made the Commander more curious, "Wae geu rae? Tell me please. I won't be mad." "We.. we will be.. going to Bali.. in 3 days," the actress stammered as she explained about the next destination. Jong Kook was surprised to hear it, "Mwo? Bali? Why so far? How can I protect you when you're miles away?".

 

"We've agreed to always trust each other.. right oppa?" Ji Hyo rested her head on his shoulder and interlocked fingers with her man. They could almost hear the rhythm of their hearts beating in synchrony, which magically calmed Jong Kook in an instant. With his head rested on hers, Jong Kook made a personal request to his wife, "Yeobo.. can you promise me to guard your lips from his kiss? I don't like to share it with Bo Lin. You know what I mean?". She nodded. A smiled was plastered on her face, "I promise oppa. From now on, the only man I will kiss for real is you.. because I'm your woman."

 

He was happy to hear it. Jong Kook felt more secure with his position as the husband to Song Ji Hyo a.k.a Cheon Seong Im, knowing that he holds a special place in her heart. He naturally kissed his wife - from her forehead, nose then down to her lips. "We should stop," Ji Hyo was breathless as Jong Kook kept showering her with passionate kisses. But he refused to retreat, "I don't want to." "Seriously.. I need to go home now," she blocked his body from leaning towards her, and he understood.

 

Ji Hyo got up and went to the bedroom - packing her belongings while being observed by Jong KooK. "Why don't you stay here.. permanently," he asked as he approached his wife and gently hugged her waist from the back. She could easily read his mind, "You know I can't. Not right now." Once she's done packing, Ji Hyo turned around to face her husband, "Just wait a little longer, my love. Someday we will live in the same house.. a place that we can call our home."

 

"And children?" Jong Kook began to get excited.

She giggled, "Sure.. and our children."

"Jinjja? You really mean it?" he almost shrieking in joy.

Ji Hyo nodded, "But not too soon! I still haven't got your father's approval."

"About that.. did my father threatened you or anything? Like telling you to leave me if he's not happy with your work or whatever?"

"Don't worry about it, oppa. I understand why he gave me such term. Your father only wants me to give my very best when I work for him later. So don't blame your old man.. arasso?"

 

"You make me love you more, yeobo. I'm so lucky to have you," Jong KooK cuddled his wife before he walked her to the door, hand-in-hand. When she wanted to release her hand from him, Jong Kook tightened his grip. She was clueless with his action, "What is it?". "Can I see you again.. tonight?" he stared at her with puppy eyes. She made a guess, "Are you asking me to sleep over oppa?". Jong Kook smiled sheepishly, "How did you know?"

 

She giggled, "Men are all like that.. no matter who they are."

"But you are one of a kind.. which is the reason I can't get enough of you," he tried to win her over with his charm.

"Forget it oppa! Your sweet talk doesn't work on me."

"What if I convince you with a kiss?" he leaned forward to reach her lips, but ended up kissing her palm when she pushed him away.

"Are you always this persistent?" she pretended to scowl at her husband.

"Only if it's you."

"You're lucky that I love you.. Kim Jong Kook!"