The Lies We Believed

How Come You Don't Know?

After the second last mission, he still hasn't heard anything from Ji Hyo. Roughly the members could tell where she was hidden, but strangely the PD called for a break instead of continuing with the shoot. "Is there a problem?" Haha was making an assumption when he saw the crews were panicking. All the Running Man members were staring at each other - clueless with what was going on behind the scene.

 

From his spot, Jong Kook observed a few of the crews were busy making phone calls after one of them had whispered 'something' to the PD a couple of minutes ago. Worries were written on their faces, but no one knows why. The Commander's first guess was they were facing unexpected situation that affected the next part of the game, of which he immediately realized what was the real problem.

 

"Ji Hyo.." he whispered her name and made the rest of the casts turned to him. "Ji Hyo? What about her?" Jae Suk began to feel worried. Kwang Soo also jumped on a conclusion, "Did something happened to noona? Aigoo!". "So what should we do now? Can someone call or text her.. ask if she's alright?" Suk Jin gave a suggestion which was immediately taken up by Jong Kook and Gary. "I can't get through!" the rapper announced as he looked at the Commander with a hope that the muscular man would be successful in his attempt.

 

However, even Jong Kook failed to contact his wife after the fifth trial. He heaved a sigh. His mind was filled with a lot of worrying possibilities of where Ji Hyo could be, but Jong Kook was too afraid to believe in any of it. Silently, he was praying hard for Ji Hyo to be found - safe and sound. Jong Kook was contemplating whether he should asked his parents if they had anything to do with her disappearance, but he was too scared to find out the answer.

 

"Everyone.. we're currently having a technical problem that requires time to fix it. So we will stop the shooting for today and will continue with this tomorrow. Have a good rest and we shall inform you the status soon. Kamsahamnida!" the announcement from the PD made the Running Man members anxious as it was the first time they had to postpone the shooting without a clear reason.

 

Jong Kook immediately marched towards the PD to demand for an explanation, "What is going on? Where's Ji Hyo? Did something went wrong? Please tell us!". However, the PD refused to give a statement, "We will let you know soon. For now.. we can't proceed with the shoot." Jong Kook could just watched the PD walking away from him. Nobody seems to have the answer that he needed, which was frustrating for Jong Kook who was deeply worried of Ji Hyo whereabout.

 

Jae Suk saw his reaction and quietly approached the Commander - giving him a pat on his shoulder. "Gwaenchana. I'm sure nothing bad will happen to her. Maybe she has something urgent and couldn't be here at the moment.. or maybe it's true that the team is facing with technical problem," the national emcee was trying to calm Jong Kook. It was one of his leadership qualities - keeping the team together when the going gets tough.

 

"I don't know, hyung. I just had a bad feeling about this. She's never been missing like this before.. so what exactly is happening to her?" Jong Kook let out his concern, feeling as if he was losing hope to find his dear wife. For one last time, he tried to contact Ji Hyo via her handphone. Again it was a failure. At this point of time, Jong Kook was slowly breaking down. "Maybe you should go home and rest.. we will update each other if she calls any one of us," Jae Suk patted on the Commander's shoulder before he left.

 

Though he followed as suggested, Jong Kook was hesitated to drive away from the shooting location. First - he was worried in case Ji Hyo returned to that place and found everybody have gone. Second - he was driving her car, therefore Ji Hyo won't have a transport on that day. Jong Kook waited in the vehicle for almost two hours. He was the only one who has not left the area. The loneliness was suffocating. It made him furious, anxious and confused at the same time. Jong Kook almost fell asleep while waiting if it wasn't because of a phone call that he received.

 

"Hyung.. where are you?" Haha's voice was heard over the phone. Jong Kook was slightly frustrated as he was hoping to receive a call from his wife, "Still waiting in the car. Have you heard anything from Ji Hyo?". "Err.. hyung. About that.. can we meet somewhere in private? I have something to share with you," his dongsaeng seemed to be mindful of the words that he said to him. However, Jong Kook couldn't wait to meet and asked the short guy to just talk over the phone.

 

As Haha wasn't sure of Jong Kook's reaction to the information that he was about to share, he decided to try a different method. "You know how easy it is to search for info from the Internet.. right hyung?" he threw a random question to which Jong Kook responded, "What are you trying to tell me?"

 

"Guess what? When I came home, I tried to Google some info on Ji Hyo.. just trying my luck in case her fans saw her somewhere. BINGO! Someone uploaded a recent picture of her."

"Jinjja? Are you sure?"

"That's what the fan said on his page. Do you want me to share the link?"

"Of course! Did it mentioned where she's at?"

"I think you better take a look at it yourself. I'll send the link now. Just don't tell Gary about this.. arasso?"

 

Jong Kook immediately received a text message right after he ended the call with Haha. As promised, he got the link to the website. It redirected to a page created by one of Orange Juice Couple fans with lots of stories and pictures of his wife as well as Bo Lin. He scrolled to the latest post. The title stated as "Orange Juice Couple is Real!". That was enough to made him reading the short post by the fan. At first Jong Kook refused to believe it, but then he found an evidence - a picture of Bo Lin holding Ji Hyo's hand at a local cafe in China.

 

"It can't be.. so the reason she was missing.. because of that guy?!" a burst of anger filled his emotion, making the Commander screaming at the top of his lungs to let out his frustration. He took another glance at the picture to confirm what he saw, but it only broke his heart into smaller pieces. Jong Kook drove away furiously - heading straight to Ji Hyo's place. He wanted to face her once she's home. He demanded for an acceptable explanation from his wife. But more importantly, he needed to know why she cheated on him.

 

Jong Kook arrived at his wife's house around 5pm. There was no sign of Ji Hyo, so he waited at her living room to 'welcome' her home. Finally at 7pm, Ji Hyo arrived at the front door. She was startled to find her husband in her house, "Omo! You almost scare me! What are you doing in the dark?". She switched on the lights. Ji Hyo just noticed the furious face of her husband. With his arms crossed over his chest, Jong Kook shot his first question, "Is Bo Lin so important to you that you can't wait to finish the shoot and just want to run back to your 'boyfriend'?"