The Surprises We Prepared

How Come You Don't Know?

The fact that she came all the way from Korea just to surprise him at the fans meeting gave Bo Lin the confidence in the future of Orange Juice Couple. He believed that Ji Hyo has gradually opened her heart for him, which is a good sign for the Taiwanese actor to get closer to his on-screen girlfriend beyond the show. With the agreement from the producer, the next episode of "We Are In Love" was filmed at his place - where he hoped to profess his true feeling towards the Korean actress in front of the camera. But it wasn't that easy when no script provided.

 

As the open confession made him nervous, Bo Lin decided to seek advice from his circle of friends on "how to win a woman's heart". They dared him to steal a first kiss from Ji Hyo - something that he's been longing for yet doesn't know how to do it naturally. When the camera started to roll, everything became awkward between the Orange Juice Couple. Bo Lin did followed all instructions from his 'assistants' who taught him the way to steal a kiss, but it was getting ridiculous and finally he gave up on trying. Hence they ended up doing normal hangout activities, where in the end nothing work out as he has planned for that special day.

 

"Sorry I didn't inform you about my friends. Did they make you feel uncomfortable?" Bo Lin asked as he felt guilty for staging the romance without her permission. Although the actress has told him to make their relationship look real, he knew she doesn't want to go beyond their 'friendship zone'. There's a thick wall guarded her heart from being invaded by a man, hence it was almost impossible to make Ji Hyo fall in love with him just after few dates. However, Bo Lin has no intention to slow down. With only a couple more episodes left before the show ended, his time with his on-screen partner was getting limited.

 

Unlike the actor, Ji Hyo has no interest with their relationship. To her, she was merely doing her job as an actress. So to avoid from disappointing the team with the truth, Ji Hyo scanned around to make sure that none of the production crews was listening, "Frankly I'm quite upset that you did not discuss with me beforehand. What were you trying to do? Kiss me when the camera is rolling?". The tone used by the actress has offended Bo Lin who gave his best effort to surprise her. It seemed that she didn't appreciate his kind intention. "What if I did? Are you going to blame me for that? Momo.. don't you think it's weird that we haven't kiss till now? What kind of couple are we if we can't show how much we love each other?" he unintentionally raising his voice at Ji Hyo - capturing the attention of nearby staff.

 

As she was worried that others were getting curious about their fight, Ji Hyo immediately dragged Bo Lin to a hidden corner. There, she continued with the conversation, "Why are you doing this? You know we should keep our relationship professional and not to involve any real feeling. So why bring up the kiss?!". "Then what about Gary? Why did you kissed him on stage if you two are 'professionals'? Can you explain to me about that cause I don't understand how it's different from ours," Bo Lin shot a deep stare into Ji Hyo's eyes while crossing his arms across his chest.

 

"Why are we arguing about this in the first place?" the actress refused to answer the question from her partner and decided to walk away. But Bo Lin stopped her by grabbing her wrist, "You asked me to convince others that our relationship is real. That's what I'm trying to do." She let out a sigh. It's true what he just said, so Ji Hyo knew she was partly to be blamed. The Ace responded with a calm voice after a short silence, "Sorry.. I shouldn't be mad at you. You're right. We must be able to show our feelings more naturally. It's just.. I'm not so sure about the kiss."

 

Bo Lin smiled as he held her shoulders, "I understand. I didn't mean to force you like this.. but I was too worried that we don't have much time to work on our relationship as a couple. It's hard enough that Orange Juice Couple had to compete with Monday Couple, so I hope you will give a fair chance to our show for the sake of the programme rating. Can you do that Momo?"

 

Back in Korea, the Commander was too busy with his own wedding preparation. It's been four days since he sent off Ji Hyo and Tae Jun at the airport, but till now he hasn't heard a word from them. Assuming that the Ace was fully occupied with her shooting for the Chinese show, Jong Kook decided to 'stalk' his woman through series of newsfeed about her. Unfortunately it was a bad idea for him, and now he felt that his heart was broken into pieces the moment he saw a short video uploaded on YouTube. "Ji Hyo and Bo Lin kiss cam?! Who is stupid enough to believe that?!" Jong Kook threw away his phone when he could no longer watch the 'behind-the-scene' clip that was recorded by a fan of the Orange Juice Couple.

 

For a long minute, he kept staring at the ceiling. His mind wandered. Jong Kook tried to close his eyes, but the pictures of Ji Hyo with Bo Lin made him angry. The Commander decided to cool off by taking a shower, but his phone rang when he was about to step into the bathroom. "Yoboseyo. Ne eomma. I just came home from meeting with the wedding planner. Everything looks good," he replied when his mother asked about his day. Mrs. Kim was very excited to hear it, "I'm glad that you have met her. We still have a lot of things to be done within the short time. But Jong Kook aah.. when are you going to look for the wedding dress?"

 

"Ah yeah.. I almost forgot about it. Gwaenchanayo, I'll go to the shop tomorrow morning. But eomma.. is appa.."

"Don't you worry about him. Just focus on your preparation and make your old man happy. By the way, have you managed to speak to Tae Jun?"

"Not yet, eomma. It was really hard to get through his line.. but I'll try again later. Maybe he's too busy with appa's project."

"Tae Jun is appa's trusted man. So if you need anything just get him to help.. then your appa will not question anything. Arachi?"

"Ne eomma. I'll call you once I've talked to him. Please take care of your health."

 

After ended the call with Mrs. Kim, Jong Kook tried to contact his cousin in Taiwan. As always, the line failed to get connected. He began to get suspicious, "What is wrong with him?! Is he trying to 'hide' her from me?!". At this point of time, he wished that he could take the first flight out and be there in the foreign country with them. The wedding will take place in just few days, but he couldn't proceed without Tae Jun around. It was his cousin's idea that he should proceed with the wedding, hence Jong Kook was praying hard that he won't be betrayed by the same person he trusted. Now it was too late to regret, and nothing can be done to undo the situation.