The Arrangement We Agreed

How Come You Don't Know?

"Why are you still standing there? Please.. come and join us," Tae Jun invited Ji Hyo to take a seat when the actress just froze herself at the door with agape. As she doesn't move, Jong Kook got up from his chair and approached his wife. The Commander knew she was shocked to find him in Tae Jun's office, so he had to prove to Ji Hyo that he's there for real. "You're not dreaming, yeobo. I'm really with you," he whispered to his woman while pulling her body into his arms. Once he broke the cuddle, the first thing she asked was "But.. how did you get in here?"

 

Both men were laughing at the confused actress when the Commander replied, "I can come whenever I want cause this is my father's building, can't I?". Only then she nodded, realizing how stupid her question was. Gently, Jong Kook grabbed Ji Hyo's hand and led her to Tae Jun's table. Then he served the food that he bought from the nearest restaurant for his two important persons - the woman he loves and the man he trusts. Because it was an adhoc surprise for Ji Hyo, the Commander couldn't prepare a better meal for their lunch. However, he still made an extra effort to treat his wife like a queen by feeding her with food and wiping whenever she got smudged.

 

Seeing how attentive Jong Kook was towards Ji Hyo made Tae Jun felt a little bit awkward as the third wheel. He teased the SpartAce couple to brush-off the uneasy feeling, "Omo.. you've never been so sweet when we had our lunch together. So life after marriage does make you a different man, huh?" "Yaa! Why would I treat you like I did to my wife? I'm a straight guy.. arachi?!" Jong Kook scowled at Tae Jun who was laughing hard at him. However, the HR Director attacked with another joke, "If you're really a straight guy as you claimed to be.. why haven't she got pregnant?". "Yaa! That's not something to be discussed openly!" Jong Kook's face was blushing - embarrassed by the direct question from Tae Jun.

 

The funny conversation between the men has temporarily made Ji Hyo forgot about the struggle she was facing as the wife to Jong Kook. It took away the worrying thought that she had before walking into to big room, and seeing the face of her love one gave her the strength to survive another day in 'hell'. Ji Hyo knew it would be impossible for days like this to happen very often, but her heart was too greedy to ask for more. "Oppa.. I wish we can have lunch together at the office everyday," the words accidentally slipped from , which Ji Hyo immediately corrected herself by saying, "But that doesn't mean you have to do this always. Too many eyes are watching.. so we need to be more careful before anyone report to your father."

 

Jong Kook heaved a sigh. He stared at the floor for more than a second, unable to disagree with the reality that Ji Hyo just painted. Jong Kook wished he has a way out from the situation they were in, but the guilt made him unable to think clearly. Seeing the look on Jong Kook's face has triggered Tae Jun's sympathy. Although he didn't know much of the details, Tae Jun could understand well what was being said by the SpartAce. He's been working for Mr. Kim since he graduated years ago, which qualified him to be an expert in dealing with the difficult President of the company.

 

"Perhaps.. I can help you two," Tae Jun's sudden words made Ji Hyo and Jong Kook immediately stared at him with surprise.

The Commander began to feel excited, "Jeongmal? How?"

Taking a deep breath, Tae Jun explained his proposal, "As I am the HR Director here, I have the power to approve any contract hire."

"Meaning?" now Ji Hyo was getting curious.

Tae Jun smiled, "I can hire your husband.. I mean.. this fine man here as a temporary worker on contract basis, without having to inform the President. I believe the new Project Management Office where Seong-Im ssi is working at will need an extra hand before the new Director report for duty.. isn't it?"

Jong Kook's face was beaming once he understood the idea, "Waah.. you're truly a genius, my brother! I never thought of that before."

"But.. Tae Jun ssi. Everyone here know that this company belongs to Jong Kook's father. Wouldn't they question if the son of the President was hired as contract staff instead of holding a higher position?" Ji Hyo was still worried about the consequences.

"True, but I'm sure we can do something about it.. like.. using the private elevator?" Tae Jun giggled. He explained further his idea to the anxious couple, "I will get someone to prepare Jong Kook's workstation next to yours, Seong-Im ssi. You two should come to work together via the secret route that I've showed you earlier. As long as you don't use the elevator between 9am-7pm.. your presence will not be discovered."

"That's when my father.. I mean the President will be around," Jong Kook added before Ji Hyo prompt the question.

The actress nodded, "It would be great if we can do that, Tae Jun ssi. Gomabseumnida.. you're taking a risk to help us around even though you don't have to. I'm blessed to be working with such a kind man like you."

Tae Jun smiled awkwardly at Ji Hyo's compliment, "Well.. it's nothing big, actually. I only do what I can."

 

"It is big to us, Tae Jun. I am truly grateful to you for taking care of my wife while she's here. I guess now she can sleep peacefully at night knowing that her man will always be with her wherever she goes," Jong Kook gently planted a kiss on Ji Hyo's forehead as he wrapped his arm around her. The romance was still new to Tae Jun, and he was yet to get use to it especially when it happened right in front of him in his own office, "Yaa.. no lovey-dovey act in here, arasso? You two will be working colleagues later on, so no romance in the office. I'm going to issue a warning letter if I saw any!".

 

The SpartAce were sharing a laugh at Tae Jun's playful warning. For a moment they forgot where they were - a place where professionalism is emphasized between the men and women. Of course there are boundaries set by the policies of the company, and those apply to all including them as a 'secretly married' couple. "You really should find yourself a nice woman to be your wife, Tae Jun. Just look at how happy we are," Jong Kook said proudly with a big smile on his face. Then Ji Hyo innocently threw a 'difficult' question to the HR Director, "Omo.. why aren't you married, Tae Jun ssi? I'm sure with your fine look and big heart you can easily melt a lady out there."

 

Instead of answering to Ji Hyo, Tae Jun responded with questions, "Didn't Jong Kook say anything about my past? Yaa.. you purposely keep it from your wife, aren't you?".

"A secret? What secret?" Ji Hyo turned to her husband for an explanation.

Before Jong Kook could say a word, Tae Jun filled in the blank, "That I have been a big fan of the Running Man's Ace since her first appearance in the show.. and even asked for my cousin here to share her number with me. Do you know what he told me?"

"Yaa! Don't you dare!" Jong Kook suddenly became defensive and tried to threaten Tae Jun with his sharp stare.

But when Ji Hyo kept asking for the answer, Tae Jun spilled out the truth, "Jong Kook told me to forget about my dream of marrying that girl known as Song Ji Hyo because she likes woman more than a man."

"Yaa! Kim Jong Kook!" Ji Hyo screamed to protest.

"Mianada, but that's all I can come up with at that time! He suddenly talking crap about asking you out on a date and I can't tell him about us back then!" Jong Kook defended himself.

Tae Jun just laughed at the silly argument between the SpartAce, "Gwaenchana.. Seong-Im ssi. I know you're straight cause you have accepted my crazy cousin as your husband! Anyway.. don't worry about me. I'm professional at work and certainly respect your marriage even though I wasn't 'invited' to the wedding."

Knowing the reason Tae Jun emphasized the word in his sentence, Jong Kook responded with an apology, "We didn't mean to hide it from you, Tae Jun. You know how my father is.. and who he wants me to marry. I hope you understand."

"Of course I do, Jong Kook. But if you decided to change your mind.. let me be the first to know, arachi?" Tae Jun playfully winked at Ji Hyo to which made the Commander shouted, "Yaa! Not going to happen!"