The Journey We Embarked

How Come You Don't Know?

As early as 8am, Jong Kook has already arrived in front of Ji Hyo's house. He didn't want to get stuck in traffic, but a more accurate reason - he couldn't wait to go on that vacation with her. It was their first trip together without the presence of other Running Man members, so Jong Kook was a little bit too excited to start the day. He even wrote a complete itinerary of things to do at the island, of which most are done as a couple.

 

"Zipwire.. check. Bungee jumping.. check. Sky bicycle.. check. Romantic lunch and dinner.. check. My lovely wife Ji Hyo.. well, still pending!" Jong Kook filled his lonely moment with laughter as he went through his list of activities, then stared at the front door of Ji Hyo's place from inside of his car while he counted down every second that passed by. Jong Kook's eyes were actively wandering around her neighbourhood area. There were few people on the street performing morning exercise, therefore his presence as a famous celebrity was not detected by any of the locals.

 

About 5 minutes to 9, Jong Kook gave Ji Hyo a call and told her to come out through the front door. The moment he saw her figure, Jong Kook stepped out from his vehicle and walked towards his wife with a smile. "Are you ready for an adventure?" he asked while helping to carry Ji Hyo's bags to his car. She put on her sunglasses and said, "I hope my attire is suitable for that! Or should I change into something more.. casual?". He chuckled at her question, "Gwaenchana. You look hot and y in that outfit."

 

"Yaa! I've told you not to try anything funny on me!" she hit his shoulder to protest, but of course it wasn't painful for the Commander. Like a real gentleman, he opened the door for her and invited her in. Once he sat properly at the driver's seat, Jong Kook leaned over to his wife and helped her to wear the seat belt. She was startled at first, but then she let him treated her like a princess.

 

Before stepping on the gas pedal, Jong Kook some music to light up the moment. "I know exactly which song of mine will suit our journey," he smiled at Ji Hyo while increasing the volume of the radio. Naturally, Jong Kook sang along the song as he controlled the wheel:

{Why is receiving love always so easy for you?

When you make me cry like this and I can't seem to forget you

I choose to believe that it's better to hurt than forget

You don't have to come back

You don't have to love me

Just walk in place for me

I want to let you go but I can't.. because I love you}

 

Once he's done with the singing, Jong Kook asked for her opinion, "How was the song? It's nice, isn't it?". Ji Hyo wondered if he was referring to his voice or the lyrics, but she pretended not to care. "Aah oppa.. of course you can sing your own song very well!".

 

"Aigoo.. Ji Hyo.. Ji Hyo. They don't call you Miss Mong for nothing," he was slightly disappointed with her response.

She nudged his arm to protest, "Wae? What do you want me to say then?".

"Well you can say.. oppa, thank you for that song! And then you kiss me on the cheek?" he smiled sheepishly.

Again she hit his arm, "Yaa! Friends don't kiss each other.. arachi?!"

 

Jong Kook just laughed at her defensive mode. He really loves to , especially when no one is around to ruin their special moment. When the traffic light turned red, he took the opportunity to intertwine his fingers with hers, "Gomabta.. for being here with me." Ji Hyo was a bit awkward with the sudden skinship. She wanted to take back her hand, but Jong Kook was holding it firmly until the traffic light was back to green. Her eyes were locked on his face, trying to 'read' what was playing in the mind of the Commander.

 

As he could tell that she was staring hard at him, Jong Kook felt a little bit uncomfortable, "Yaa.. why are you looking at me like that?". She immediately turned her head to the other side, "Ah ni. I was just.. thinking." "Thinking? About what?" he was getting nervous and excited at the same time. After a short silence, Ji Hyo finally spoken, "Nothing important. Woah.. look at the view oppa!"

 

He knew that she refused to talk about it the moment she changed the topic. As he doesn't want to spoil her mood, Jong Kook decided to play along with the conversation. "I hope you bring enough clothes as there will be a lot of water activities that we can do in Nami Island," he triggered her curiosity about the itinerary that he had planned for them. As she didn't expect to get into the water, Ji Hyo was quite upset to hear about the plan, "Oppa.. you should have told me earlier! I thought we're just going to walk around the island and take some pictures like the 'Winter Sonata' drama!"

 

"I believe you're watching too much tv, Miss Mong Ji. What makes you think that we go this far just for a picture or two? Of course we're going to try out all the extreme activities!"

"Woah.. jinjja? So we can do bungee jumping and all that stuff?" she clapped her hands in excitement.

"I have all that in my plan, my queen. Trust me.. by nightfall, you will be ready to snooze peacefully in my arms."

"Aish.. do you really think I'm going to let you sleep on my bed?"

"But you wouldn't notice since you'll be too tired with all the activities," he giggled naughtily.

"I'm warning you, oppa. Don't you dare cross the line. Arachi?" Ji Hyo reminded him of their deal although she assumed he was joshing her.

 

About 90 minutes of driving, they finally arrived at the hotel which is located near to the Zipwire station. To avoid anyone from able to detect their presence, Jong Kook told Ji Hyo to stay in the car while he checked-in the room. Once he got the access card, they met up at the 12th floor where the room is at. Unlocking the door to the VIP suite, Jong Kook welcomed Ji Hyo into the room. "Tadaa! So what do you think of the place? It's nice, isn't it?" he proudly declared.

 

Ji Hyo was confused to see red petals of roses that were scattered all over the floor and on the bed. A light romantic music was played softly in the background, to which she found a little bit inappropriate for her and Jong Kook to spend a night there. "Oppa.. isn't this a room for.. a couple? If I'm not mistaken, this is what they called the 'honeymoon suite'. Just look at the king size bed!" she pointed at the mattress - slightly nervous as there's only one bed in such a big room.

 

Honestly Jong Kook was already aware of it. He purposely reserved the 'honeymoon suite' for a night with his wife - hence the reason why there's only 1 room left when he made the online booking. Knowing that Ji Hyo wouldn't agree with the idea of sleeping in the same room, Jong Kook pretended to be innocent, "Jinjja? Woah.. now I understand why they decorated the room like this." But Ji Hyo was having a doubt that the Commander didn't know about the room arrangement, "Are you sure this is not what you've asked for?".

 

"Jinjja.. Ji Hyo aah. I only said that I wanted a bigger room so I can sleep somewhere while you take the bed. I didn't know they will put us in a 'honeymoon suite'. Anyway.. just enjoy it. We don't get to stay here everyday so I think we should just take this room."

 

Though his words were quite convincing, she was still anxious to spend a night with someone who 'used-to-be' her husband. Ji Hyo was afraid that she will once again fall for the same man, now that she has began a new relationship with her on-screen partner, Chen Bo Lin. 'Eotteoke? What if I.. cross the line of our friendship? Will I be able to guard my heart before it gets broken?' a little voice whispered in her head, and her smile disappeared behind a frown.