How Come You Don't Know? - final chapter part 2 -

How Come You Don't Know?

"This is all your fault! Why must you force our son to marry someone else when he already has a good wife?! Wae Jong Kook's appa.. wae?!" Mrs. Kim let out her frustration at her husband and hit him repeatedly on the shoulder. By this time, tears were the only words to describe Mr. Kim's regret. He was still holding Jong Kook tightly in his arms, not wanting to let go of his beloved son who no longer responding when they called out his name. Mr. Kim kissed Jong Kook's forehead for a long minute, and a drop of his tears fell onto his son's cheek as he weeping shamelessly. The old man was so heartbroken that Jong Kook decided to take his own life, knowing that it resulted from his greed and obsession for power. Literally, he has failed to be a good father to his own child.

 

As the third person, Tae Jun just observed and not saying a word more. He let the old man 'taste' his own evil, which was something that his cousin had asked him to do before the wedding begin. "Until my father realized what he's done and ready to apologize, don't do anything to console him," - that was the final request from Jong Kook when they talked over the phone yesterday. So he honoured it.

 

But there's another person who was still upset with Mr. Kim and continued to put the blame on him, "You did not just murdered our son! You took away the life of our daughter-in-law and the child that she carried! Can you live with that?!"

 

"Mworago? Our daughter-in-law.. she.. she's pregnant?" that was the first time Mr. Kim heard the truth. His guilty eyes were now on the lady lying still next to his son. Right then, Mr. Kim's mind was haunted by the thoughts on the evil things that he did to the fine young woman. The old man just realized how much he made her suffered - all because he couldn't accept the actress as his rightful daughter-in-law. If only he knew about the existence of his grandchild, things could have been different for them. But like Tae Jun said, now it's too late to turn back time.

 

As an outsider, both Mr. and Mrs. Moon were confused by the situation. No one offered a good explanation to them, hence they kept asking questions especially about the connection between Jong Kook and Ji Hyo. Since she knew the truth even before the wedding, Geun Young offered to fill in the blank, "Appa.. eomma. Mianada. I already knew about oppa and unnie's relationship, which is why I'm not surprised that he rejected the marriage."

 

"Mwo? You knew? And you didn't tell us?!" Mr. Moon was very upset with his daughter.

Geun Young nodded and lowered her head.

Mr. Moon's mouth agape, "This is unbelievable! So what happen now?! What are we going to do with the wedding? Aish.. how can we face those people out there?!"

"Geun Young's appa.. let's get ourselves out of here. I don't want our daughter to get involve with the murder!" Mrs. Moon dragged her husband to the exit.

"Shut up! Can't you see that my son is dead?! Is it not enough to punish this old man for his sin?!" shouted Mr. Kim with full regret.

 

That drove everyone into silence. The only sound they heard was Mr. Kim's sobbing, and all eyes were on him as he seek forgiveness from his son. "Jong Kook aah.. Jong Kook my son. Don't leave appa like this. Appa was wrong. Appa should have listened to you and let you be happy with whoever you want. If you love Ji Hyo so much.. then appa will give you blessing. Appa will let you marry her once again.. and appa will not interfere with your life from now on. Jaebal.. just come back to us my child. Appa couldn't live without you. Jong Kook aah!!"

 

"Mr. Kim.. what if I told you that Seong-Im and her child are still alive? Will you be able to accept them?" Tae Jun finally spoken as he couldn't bear to watch the heartbroken old man. Mr. Kim was confused with the questions, yet he nodded. "Jong Kook would have wanted us to take care of his love ones.. if.. if he won't.." the old man had to pause for a while as he was drowning in tears. He continued once he was able to control his sobbing, "If Jong Kook won't be coming back.. at least a part of him is still living inside our daughter-in-law. They will become our responsibility when he's gone. But Tae Jun aah.. why are you asking?"

 

"Actually.. there's someone who can bring her to live," Tae Jun said before making a phone call. A few minutes later, a stranger came into the room and bowed to the rest. Tae Jun welcomed the person and introduced him to everyone, "This is Mr. Dong.. an expert in hypnotherapy. I asked for his help to put Seong-Im into a 'deep sleep'.. so she will appear as if a dead person." Then he turned to the guy and said, "Mr. Dong, it's time to wake her up." At Tae Jun's order, the man undo the hypnotize on Ji Hyo. The actress blinked her eyes a couple of time when her name was being called, "Where am I? Why is everyone here?"

 

Before her questions being answered, Ji Hyo saw her unconscious man in the arms of his father. She spontaneously held Jong Kook's hand, "Omo.. what happened to him? Oppa.. oppa can you hear me?". Her eyes caught the empty bottle of poison next to her man, "What's this? Mr. Kim.. Tae Jun ssi.. what is wrong with Jong Kook oppa?". "Seong-Im aah.. do you still love Jong Kook? Are you willing to forgive him after what he did?" Tae Jun had a strange smile on his face when he prompted the questions.

 

As all eyes on her, Ji Hyo was slightly surprised that Tae Jun was asking for a public confession. But looking at the man she loves made her responded without a doubt, "Ne. I always love him because he is my everything."

"Prove it. Kiss him in front of everyone," Tae Jun dared. When Ji Hyo was slightly hesitated, he kept insisting, "What are you waiting for? Just kiss your man right now!"

 

Like an obedient child, Ji Hyo leaned forward and pressed her lips onto Jong Kook's. That's when she felt a pair of strong hands wrapping around her waist. She broke the kiss and was surprised to see Jong Kook staring deeply at her face with a sweet smile. "Why did you stop? I want more," whispered her man as he pulled her closer till their lips landed on each other for the second time. Tae Jun giggled and clapped his hands to celebrate the 'reunion' of the two lovers, followed by Mrs. Kim and Geun Young who already aware of the plan.

 

"Wait a second. So.. you're not dead?" Mr. Kim was still in confusion as he thought he had lost his youngest son.

His wife who was part of the mastermind just laughed, "Yeobo. It was all an act just to get your blessing for their relationship. Tae Jun was the one who informed me about Ji Hyo's pregnancy, and so I decided to help our daughter-in-law in any way that I can."

"Well that's not even a real poison, appa. It's just a syrup," Jong Kook smiled sheepishly as he revealed the truth.

Ji Hyo spontaneously hit the Commander on his arm, "Yaa! Are you trying to be a Romeo? Why didn't you discuss your plan with me? And that hypnotize thing.. was it necessary? Have you forgotten that I am an actress?!"

"Omo.. omo.. Ji Hyo aah. Sorry for troubling you with all these, but I need to make it real for everyone to believe me. Mianada!" Jong Kook giggled and pinched Ji Hyo's cheek.

But Mr. Kim was still searching for an explanation, "Hold on.. hold on! So my wife and Tae Jun were also part of this? Geun Young ssi.. do you know about it as well?"

"Ne Mr. Kim. I've agreed to go with the plan when oppa told me what really happened to Ji Hyo unnie," Geun Young admitted which caught her parents by surprise that they almost screamed at her.

"Yaa.. yaa! Aren't you all forgetting something? We still have a wedding to proceed!" Tae Jun chipped in while pointing at the wall clock.

The blank Ji Hyo innocently asked, "Whose wedding?"

"How come you don't know? Of course it's you and Jong Kook my dear," answered Mrs. Kim. When Ji Hyo stared at her with a blank expression, Mrs. Kim had to explain further, "Remember that I told you to get divorce because I wanted to hold an official wedding for both of you? Well.. today is the day sweetie."

"That's right! So let's not keep everyone waiting. Shall we?" Jong Kook excitedly carried his 'bride' in his arms towards the exit.

 

Following the Commander, Mrs. Kim dragged her husband along to the church while Tae Jun invited the Moons as the 'special guests' to witness the official wedding ceremony for the SpartAce. Surprisingly, Ji Hyo's family was also there, along with Running Man's members and crews who came slightly later for the 'real wedding'. Finally after all the drama, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were able to say those words without having a secret:

 

"Do you.. Kim Jong Kook, take Cheon Seong-Im as your lawful wife?"

"I do."

"Do you.. Cheon Seong-Im, take Kim Jong Kook as your lawful husband?"

"Definitely.. I do."

"With the power vested in me.. I now pronounce you as husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

 

Tae Jun smiled proudly as he watched the happy faces of SpartAce couple. He was satisfied that he could help those two reunited after a long battle and suffering. It was a worthwhile effort for him to become a 'double agent', although he knew that the CEO position will no longer be his. "So.. what about us? Aren't you going to tell my parents that we're dating?" Geun Young nudged his arm just to get his attention. Tae Jun giggled, "Of course I will, sweetie. But today let's just celebrate the love story of my cousin and his beautiful wife.. shall we?"

 

~The End~