Chapter 7

Department X

Jessica stared forlornly at the food on the table wishing she could glare the cucumbers away. Looking up, she gave the smirking Taeyeon her fiercest glare. Oh how she wish she could wipe that smirk off her face now. Taeyeon had officially declared war on her.

Leaping at Taeyeon with a war cry, the two of them got into a tangle. Ignoring whatever combat techniques they have previously learnt, they clawed and scratched like a pair of angry cats. Grabbing and pulling whatever they could see and biting whenever flesh was shown, it wasn't long before clumps of blond and brown hair were seen flying everywhere, forcibly pulled from their owner's head. The rest of them had tried intervening but the fight was so bad, they barely made out with their lives. So they decided to let them be. After rolling around on the floor for more than 15 minutes, the two of them finally seperated, panting for breath. Taeyeon's clothes were ripped in some places she had scratches all over her forearms and she was nursing a bruised cheek, Jessica didn't come out any better as she nursed a black eye and rubbed gingerly at her head hoping there was no bald spots on her head.

Catching their breath, they glowered at each other. If glares were deadly, the two of them would have died many times before. As they caught their breath, they started seeing the funny side to the matter and they burst out laughing at each others predicament. Taeyeon walked into her room to fetch the first aid kit and sat beside Jessica tending to her wounds. As they stared into each other eyes, they knew that all was forgiven. After tending to their wounds, they looked woefully at all the food spilled on the floor as their stomach growled away hungrily.

It was then that Sunny walked out with Sooyoung and Yoona carrying a huge pot of ramen in their hands. Since the table was destroyed during the fight earlier, they placed it on the floor and sat around it eating from the pot directly.
(According to interviews conducted by the author later in the day, Taeyeon and Jessica swore they saw a halo on Sunny's head as she walked out with that pot of ramen)

When they finally finished clearing the mess they had created, they looked around and saw that Sooyoung and Yoona had already fallen asleep on the couch in the corner. Their arms were wrapped around each other and Yoona had her head nestled in the crook of Sooyoung neck. Shaking their heads, Taeyeon walked to her room again to grab a blanket to cover them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Business remained busy as usual the next day, Jessica was the barista of the day as she ran about the counter making god knows how many cups of cappuccino, lattes & mochas. It wasn't until 2pm when she finally managed to take a breather. Her had barely warmed the seat when the bell tinkled indicating the arrival of a new customer. Jessica stood up from her chair and went behind the counter waiting to take the customer's order. Her eyes widen as she in a breath while observing the stunning beauty of this customer who stood in front of her looking at the menu on top. Her eyes trailed down taking notes of the person in front of her. She has large sparkling eyes and a sharp nose that complement her oval shaped face perfectly. Although she may be a little on the tanned side but it did nothing to decrease the stunning beauty that radiates from within her. Dressed immaculately in a tailored suit, she had fine fine fine written all over her body. Jessica managed to close in time before the customer spoke up, "I don't suppose you guys served ma juice over here right?"

"Nope we don't but if you really want, I am sure we can think of something." Mentally slapping herself, Jessica tore her gaze from the fabulous body in front of her and moved it up onto the customer's smiling face. Ushering the customer to sit down at a table nearest to the counter, Jessica rushed behind to where Taeyeon was, grabbed her by the shoulder and started screaming "Ma, give me some ma juice NOW!" Taeyeon yawned and pointed at the fridge behind her and before she could say anything, Jessica had ran there, threw open the door and sifted through the contents. Pushing the cabbage, carrots and potatoes away, she searched high and low but just could not seem to find any ma. It was then that Taeyeon suddenly remembered that she had thrown the last of it away as it had spoilt the day before. Hearing that, Jessica grabbed Taeyeon's wallet off the counter and rushed out from the back door. Hopping onto the first vehicle she saw, which was Seohyun's bright pink lady bike, Jessica pedalled furiously away towards the nearest convenience stall to buy ma. She returned 15 minutes later, drenched in her own sweat as she placed the glass of freshly grinded ma juice on the table where the customer sat.