Chapter 62

Department X

Yuri tossed and the bed venting her frustrations into her pillow as she faced yet another sleepless night. Grabbing her phone off the side table, she pressed a button to unlock it as the tiny light illuminated the tiredness on her face. Texting yet another sms, Yuri hit the send button as she sent her 14th sms to her fiancee Jessica and awaited anxiously for her reply which never came. Its been 36 hours since Jessica's last reply and Yuri gritted her teeth as she attempted to fill up the emptiness in her heart by rereading their previous conversations over and over again. The phone slipped from her hands as her eyelids finally got weighed down by the physcial and mental tiredness she was feeling.

The alarm beeped causing Yuri to bolt up from bed as she rubbed the sleepiness away from her puffy eyes. After changing and washing up, Yuri hurriedly grabbed the duffel bag she had prepacked the night before and dashed out of her room into the widely opened arms of Yoona who had specially woken up early to wish her good luck. Glancing at the wrist watch on her arm, Yuri reluctantly broke apart from the warm embrace of Yoona and grabbed a key fob off the fireplace in the living room. Dashing down into the garage, Yuri heard Yoona screamed her last well wishes as she waved her arms in response and disappeared out of sight.

Yuri drummed her fingers impatiently against the steering wheel as the soldier on duty outside the facility she had been training in for the past months tried yet another digusting pick up line on her. "If you were a burger, you will be macgorgeous. Ow, I just scrapped my knees falling for you, so I am going to need your name and Citizen's Registration Number for insurance purposes " It seemed to take forever before she was waved in and she heaved a sigh of relief because the guard on duty had kind of released a litle of the pressure she was undergoing by channeling it from stress into distressed.

===================================================================================================================

Yuri bit the safety pins off as she tossed a flashbang and a smoke grenade concurrently into the enclosed room. Timing the seconds, Yuri silently rolled into the room on her shoulder as the men in the room rushed desperately around for cover. The thick gray smoke that was billowing out of the smoke grenade provided her with the perfect cover as she double tapped at the men that was illuminated on her thermal imaging googles. Unsheathing the hunting knife strapped to her thigh, Yuri carefully sliced off the ropes that was tied around the hostage she was supposed to be rescuing. Raising a fingers to her lips, Yuri signalled the captive to stay close to her as she felt the grip of a warm hand in her own and the hostage nodded as she quietly followed Yuri's lead.

Yuri quickly diposed of the remaining guards that tried stopping her with a few well placed taps on her large Sig Sauer and safely brought the captive back onto safe grounds earning her a nod from the impressed trainer who was furiously scribbling into the clipboard he held in his hands, Proceeding to the infimary next, Yuri was instructed to change into an xray gown for a routine medical check up as a doctor prodded and poked her in every way possible. After getting Yuri to sit down, the doctor tore a syringe our of its sterile packaging and carefully selected a vial of medication. He proceeded to inject 10ml of it into Yuri's arms as he tossed her a band aid and declared her battle ready.

After the medical check up and mock mission, Yuri changed into a taekwando gi and wondered what would happened next as she was led into the dojang by the course trainer. She saw a lady that looked around her age sitted cross leggedly on the gymnastic mats that lined the dojo and tried sizing her up a little. Before proper introductions could be made, the signal to attack was given as the girl promptly let out a war cry and leapt at Yuri without any hesistantions. Yuri felt a flurry of strikes made to the many pressure points of her body and hurriedly deflected as many of the strikes as she could. A left knee to the side of her rib cage winded Yuri almost instantly as she collasped onto the floor in a violent bout of coughs. Forcing herself to take in deep gulps of breaths, Yuri struggled to get back onto her feets.. Feeling a throbbing pain to the side of her ribs, Yuri knew it was going to bruise severly the next day as she gritted her teeth and readied herself for the next bout of attacks. Signaling that she was ready, Yuri bowed at her opponent in respect only to receive a snap kick to her temple for the politeness she displayed Jumping back, she felt the wind scrape across her face as the feet narrowly missed her. Utilising this chance, Yuri hurriedly swept her opponent's supporting leg away and pounced on her before she could recover. Yuri first dislocated the opponent;s jaw with a strong left hook and then followed up with a strike on her opponent's temple with the heel of her palm. The person out almost instantly and Yuri was declared the winner. Resting an arm on her shoulder, the course trainer nodded his approval at her explementary performance "Yuri, a solid performance as usual. Anyway, your results will be released shortly, just wait outside the dojang for awhile while I consolidate your resuls ok?" Yuri formed the okay sign with her thumb and forefinger as she headed out of the dojo and sat on the chairs outside.

======================================================================================================================

Yuri heard someone sneaking up behind her as she failed to turn in time to see her atttacker before the blow reached the back of her neck. Dark circles swimmed in front of her eyes as she out from the impact. When Yuri finally reopened her eyes, she found herself restrained to the back of a chair that was firmly bolted to the ground, Shrouded in darkness due to the blindfold over her eyes. Yuri turned her head slowly from left to right in the bid to hear any sounds that would give away the location she was in as she struggled hard against the tight restrains on her body. A mechanical voice crackled over the pa system as a menacing laugh greeted her "Hello my friend, I want to play a game" Yuri rolled her eyes sarcastically behind the blindfold at the pathetic imitation attempt of her abductor and struggled even harder against the restrains that held her to the chair. The pa system crackled yet again as the voice continued "Kwon Yuri, I know all about you and I have brought you here today because I have a very simple question I would like you to answer for me. Give me the whereabouts of your father and I will you go just like that." Yuri spat in digust at the abductor for directing such a question at her as she realised that it was futile to struggle and decided to conserve her energy while she planned a way out. Her brain felt clouded and her head was heavy as she struggled to keep up the concentration level by biting down on hard on her lips utilising the blood and pain as a form of clearance medication.

The voice crackled "I knew you would prove to be tough nutshell to crack so I won't touch you nor torture you. Instead, I have a brought over another friend to join our game today. Allow me to introduce our newest addition Miss Jessica Jung which I believe you are currently engaged to" Yuri heard a familiar scream over the PA systems as she restarted her frenzied strugglings once again in the bid to free herself so that she could get to where Jessica was. The voice laughed as the guy asked Yuri the question once again, Throwing in a very important point this time round "Ms Kwon, its pointless to struggle. These bonds are built to restrain men that weigh much much more than you do, so why not we just stop wasting the precious time we have and start answering some questions instead. Oh by the way, I forgot to mention this before. The hunting knife that you brought over is proving really useful in our game play. I do believe it would aid greatly when I have to hack off a few of Ms Jung's fingers if you continue to be so insubordinated against me."

Tears streamed down Yuri's face as the blindfold slowly soaked them up as she imagined how frighten Jessica must be right now and she screamed out from the fury that erupted within her "Don't you dare touch her, if she is harmed in anyway possible, I swear to god I will hunt you down and make you pay for whatever you have done to her a hundredfolds over." The PA system crackled as the menacing laughter echoed around the room again "Oh, are we resorting to empty threats now? Yuri ah, when you are in hell, only the devil can help you out. So stop your prayers and start giving me some answers. Perhaps, a little point proving is required before you will understand how serious I am," Yuri heard the painful screams of Jessica once again as she felt a sharp pain shoot down her body in her final desperate attempt to free herself from the restrains that was holding her back. Sliding down from the chair, Yuri freed herself from the restrains by forcefully dislocating both her shoulders. Her arms hung limply at her side as Yuri emitted the loudest scream of fury she could possibly achieved and relocated her shoulders back. Releasing all the pain in her heart at hearing Jessica being hurt, Yuri felt the pain pierced itself through her like a sharp knife as it radiated off her shoulders and surged its way through her entire body as she closed her eyes and relied on her willpower to block out all the source of pain  Recovering a little, Yuri managed to get the blindfolds off her and just when her eyes were adjusting to the bright lights that shone in the room, clapping sounds erupted from all around her as a pair of arms were thrown around her shoulders. The excited squeal of Jessica sounded in her ears. "Seobang, congratulations I knew you could do it." 

Yuri's eyes finally adjusted as she made out the figures of Taeyeon, Sunny, Yoona and Tiffany who were clapping unisonly with an elderly looking man whose eyes seem to twinkle as it reflected the bright lights of the empty warehouse she was in. Doctors and nurses rushed over almost immediately as Jessica released her from the crushing hug she held and inspected her injuries. Another jab was given to her and Yuri felt the hazy feeling in her brain start to clear. Puzzled from what had just happened, she grabbed Jessica and worriedly inspected her hand to check for missing fingers as the tears streamed uncontrollably down her cheeks. Jessica embraced her once again and apologised profusely for the act she had put on earlier. It was then Yuri found out that all this was also part of the induction test she had to go through before she could be accepted into department x. When Yuri had finally controlled her emotions, Jessica reluctantly released her as the elderly man walked up with a badge in his hands. Handing it over to Yuri, he shook her hands with a firm grip as everyone started clapping furiously once again nearly drowning the famous quote he always says to every member that joined "Kwon Yuri, I hereby welcome you to department X."