Chapter 44

Department X

Its been a few days since Yuri had moved in to stay with them and things were normal. Taeyeon would breath a sigh of relief at the end of each day because she's glad no mercenaries have appeared in their cafe trying to kill everyone. She seriously didn't want to put Sooyoung's plan in action because it was too risky and Taeyeon didn't like having one of her members take such a risk. To her, everyone in department x was like a family member and to lose one of them would be too big a sacrifice to make. Plus, Sooyoung was Sunny's baby sister. If anything happened to her, Sunny would probably want to follow after her footsteps and that was something Taeyeon definetely not want to see.

Sooyoung on the other hand had to keep up the pretense of being a little kid in front of everyone so as not to arouse any suspicions towards her. She continued playing and fooling around with Yoona in the cafe and stealing food whenever she can but her eyes was different. She was always on the lookout for one of her father's men and it got so bad that even Yoona suspected something wasn't right. Luckily for her, she always managed to brush it off using tiredness as an excuse.

It was a normal morning in the cafe as Taeyeon busied herself in the kitchen and Seohyun and Hyoyeon were busy cleaning table and ushering guests in with Sunny. People came and go and some found spots in the cafe and sat down enjoying their coffee. Sooyoung was hugging Yoona in their little corner and their eyes were locked on the laptop in front of them and giggling every now and then. Jessica and Yuri were stuck behind the bar as they fixed cups after cups of coffee for the busy morning crowd. No one noticed a man walking into the cafe and setting a bag down in one of the hidden corners. 

Taeyeon brought yet another batch of cupcakes and walked to the display cabinet. Setting the tray down, she noticed a faint ticking sound coming from beneath one of the tables in the corner area near the bar. She walked over to it and noticed a backpack on the floor, Holding it up, she asked around if it belonged to anyone. Nobody acknowledged the bag was theirs and she decided to open it up to take a look at the contents inside. Setting the bag on the table, she ped it and a mass of wires greeted her sight. A timer was slowly counting down at the very bottom, its red led lights shining from within the darkness of the bag. Taeyeon took a look at the crowd inside the cafe and slowly picked the bag up heading outside the cafe. Sunny noticed the grim expression on Taeyeon and hurriedly followed her out.

Once they were outside, Taeyeon ran as fast as she could down the slope in which their cafe was housed on with Sunny following close behind. Sunny sped up and caught up with Taeyeon trying to find out what has happened. Holding Taeyeon's arm Sunny got dragged along by Taeyeon hearing only a shocking word. "Bomb" Taeyeon finally reached the river at the bottom of the hill and flung the bag as hard as she could. Taeyeon held on to Sunny with her other arm and drew her into her embrace as the bag exploded in mid air. The shrapnels rained down hard on the two of them as Taeyeon held on tightly to Sunny shielding her from most of the impact.

Sunny could feel her ears ringing from the impact of the blast and felt the grip on her back slowly released. Sunny slowly opened her eyes and glanced into the eyes of Taeyeon who looked at her with a pained expression on her face. Before Sunny could open to ask if Taeyeon was ok, she saw Taeyeon's eyes rolled back as she slowly slumped to the ground. It was then Sunny realised her palm which had been hugging Taeyeon just now was covered with her blood. Opening , Sunny could only scream.

========================================================================================= 

Taeyeon slowly opened her eyes and the white ceiling of the hospital greeted her. She felt a presence near where her left arm was and turned her head to look. She saw the crown of Sunny's head beside her arm and she reached out a hand to ease the frown that was creasing Sunny's brows. She saw the tubes that were plugged into her arms and felt a sharp pain on her back causing her to wince from the action. Sunny woke up immediately when she felt movement coming from the bed and raised her head sharply knocking into Taeyeon's outstretched arm. Taeyeon winced from the pain that shot down her arms and back and quickly replaced it with a smile as she didn't want Sunny to worry. Clenching on the bedsheet, Taeyeon quickly willed the pain away as the smile remained etched on her face as she stared into the concerned face of Sunny.

Taeyeon moved her hand onto Sunny's face and gently brushed the tears that was straining to come out and smiled warmly at her girlfriend. "Baby, you know I hate to see you cry right?" Sunny sniffed hard to control her tears as she turned to kiss the hand that was carressing her face. "Don't you ever do such a thing to me again. When I saw you slumping to the ground in front of me, my heart literally shattered as the thought of losing you flooded through me and made me unable to even breath. Taeyeon, I don't just love you, I need you. You ARE a part of me you know. So DON'T ever leave me like this again. It hurts so much to see you like this even though I knew you will be ok." Taeyeon pulled Sunny into her embrace and even though the pain radiated down her spine from the impact, it didn't matter to Taeyeon anymore as all she wanted to do now was to kiss the girl in front of her and tell her how glad she was to have her in her life. .