Chapter 60

Department X

The guard held the door open for Yuri and Yoona as they pushed the tray into the ward. Rounding the corner, an arm shot out and clamp itself over Yuri's mouth as the tip of an iv needle hovered precariously over her right eye. A raspy voice sounded from behind her "Where the hell am I and where are my stuffs?" Bending her knees slowly, Yuri prepped herself for a reversal as she got ready to smash the back of her head into her captive's face. Springing up, her head connected with nothing but air as she felt a swift kick to the back of her knees sending her crumpling onto the ground. Seeing a tall dark figure raised her foot up, Yuri could only weakly raised her arms up to protect her unmasked face as the hospital slippers abruptedly stopped in mid smash an inch away from her face.

Yoona hurriedly rushed over to help her up and that was when Yuri noticed the supposed captive of hers was none other than Sooyoung. Yoona removed the mask she had on as Yuri patted the dust off her body. Yoona immediately threw her arms over Sooyoung's neck and tiptoed to kiss her on her lips, completely ignoring the presence of Yurii. Noticing the wince on Sooyoung's face, Yuri hurriedly ordered the two of them to seperate as she made Sooyoung sit back down on her bed and told her to take off the hospital gown she had on. Yuri felt a hard slap from a frowning Yoona on her arm causing her to roll her eyes as she pointed to the mini red patch Sooyoung's  hospital gown that was growing larger by the seconds. Turning back to the tray to grab the neccesary medical items for dressing of wounds Yuri commented sarcastically "And I thought you were suppose to be the one with an IQ of 180." When Sooyoung had finally removed her top,  Yuri and Yoona unisonly in a deep breath at the amount of scars and battle wounds on her body . Yoona tried counting the amount of bruises and cuts she could see on Sooyoung's body but when she got to 36, she somehow lost count as the tears that were welling up started to blind her. Not wanting her to burst into tears so quickly. Yuri instructed Yoona to help out by applyinh a thin layer of antiseptic over every cut she could see. Yoona got to work immediately as Yuri gingerly removed the bandage around Sooyoung's shoulder. Tossing the blood soaked bandage into the emesis basin on the tray, Yuri applied direct pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding and when it had cleaned up reasonably, she assesed the wound and noticed that some of the stitches had split open in the extertion earlier. Tearing a sterile suture needle pack off the tray, Yuri told Yoona to hold on to Sooyoung's hands tightly as she resutured back the split stitches carefully. Tying a surgeon knot, Yuri carefully cut the rest of the thread off as the grip Sooyoung had on Yoona's hand gradually reduced together with the pain. Bandaging the wound properly, Yuri checked through Yoona's handicraft and touched up what she had missed or done extra before declaring that Sooyoung was finally all patched up. Pulling the seperation curtains to allow Yoona and Sooyoung to have their private moment in peace, Yuri sat down on the couch in the corner of the ward as she plugged the ear piece into her ears and turned up the volume on her ipod.

========================================================================================================

Sooyoung leant back onto the pillows that Yoona had fluffed up for her and patted to the empty space beside her. Yoona sniffed back her tears as she settled hersef down on the uninjured side of Sooyoung and rested her head on her shoulder. A drop of tear slowly rolled down the corner of her eyes as Sooyoung wrapped an arm around her pulling her close. Turning her head away from Sooyoung's kiss, Yoona stared blankly at the white seperation curtains and tried her hardest not to let the aching feeling she had in her heart show on her face. Drawing her quivering lips in, Yoona closed her eyes as a fresh wave of pain racked through her heart brutally ripping it into pieces. The tears that she had tried so hard to hold in kept rolling down continously through the slits of her eyes and no matter how hard she gripped onto the bedsheets, it simply just refused to stop.

Sooyoung tightened her grip on Yoona's shoulder as she felt the tears welling up in her own eyes. Ignoring the excrutiating pain in her shoulder she raised her right arm and embraced Yoona as best as she could. Yoona felt Sooyoung's right arm on her waist and immediately turned to face her. She could see the agony on Sooyoung's face and that was the last straw as the defense she had built up completely crumbled. Bursting into tears, Yoona sobbed uncontrollably as she buried her head into Sooyoung's shoulder,  Smelliing the familiar perfume Sooyoung always wore, she found it different this time as it was mingled together with the sharp stench of antiseptic lotions and the usual hospital smells. It took a long while before Yoona finally regained back her composure as she slowly pulled herself reluctantly from the comforting warmth she had missed so much. Sooyoung gently wiped her tears away as a pout slowly developed on Yoona's face. "You promised you will take care of yourself but the amount of injuries on you is so not convincing. Youngie, lets just drop the idea ok? I am sure there are other ways we can adopt to bring LSM down. I don't want to see you in so much pain." Placing her hand over her heart, Yoona gripped the cloth around the area " It really hurts you know, to see you in so much pain. I think I can finally understand how you felt the last time I was admitted." Sooyoung shook her head "Yoona, to pull out now would means that all the sacrifices I have made in the past was in vain. It took me so much just to gain that tiny bit of trust from him. I cannot risk losing everything now." Yoona drew herself back sharply as she raised her voice a little "Look at you, you are covered in bruises and injuries from all the tests and trainings you have to undergo but what have you gained so far? A so called general manager position in his company?" Opening her arms wide, Yoona continued "This is the distance between you and him. The things you have done so far amounts to almost nothing in his eyes. So eventually you will just have to continue doing more and more horrible things for him until you have so called proved your worth But by then, the amount of bodies you have to step on just to reach him would have turned you into a monster."

Sooyoung's arms fell weakly to her side at Yoona's words as the tears brimmed in her eyes. A pained smile appeared on her face as she looked away "I ask that to myself everyday when I stare at myself in the mirror" Staring deeply into Yoona's eyes Sooyoung gently picked up her hand as the first drop of tear rolled down her cheek "Honestly, I am afraid that one day I will be the old Choi Sooyoung you know and love. Every night I wake up in cold sweat as I remembered the faces of the people I have killed. Everyday I will pray unrelentlessly for their families forgiveness and for my own redemption. If I had a choice, I would kill him there and then even if I have to give my life up. But I can't, because my sacrifice will save the lives of everybody I loved and care for especially you. So please, just be there for me to bring me back to my senses every time I feel like I am losing it and I promise you I will end this and come back to you as the Choi Sooyoung you love and not as Lee Sooyoung, the monster." Returning back the grip Sooyoung held on her hand, Yoona forced out a smile as she entwined their hands together "Just remember, the door is always opened for you. Drop in for a recharge everytime you are tired and weary ok?" Sooyoung's eyes rolled back a little as the smile on her face grew broader "Does it include your bedroom door as well? I am sure a little quickie at times will help much much better than the coffee anyone in the cafe can make." Sticking out her tongue, Yoona grinned evilly "Youngie ah, it's never a quickie when I am on top" Sooyoung caught the evil grin as the tears in her eyes dried up and got replaced with something else. Pulling Yoona in, she swept her legs under her and sat straddled over her. Bending down, she leant in for a kiss as the evil smile on Yoona's face faded with Sooyoung's words "I guess we will just have to find that out by experimenting then"

Outside the curtain, Yuri grimaced as she clamped her hands over the so called noise isolating ear piece she had on. Muttering curses under her breath, she texted the 3rd complain to Jessica as lusty moans and heavy breathing mingled into one unbridled symphony that filled the hospital room.