Chapter 43

Department X

After they finally broke the kiss, Sooyoung told Yoona to get Sunny to come in and help with the cleaning of her wounds. Yoona rushed off to get Sunny who was half asleep when she got dragged over. Her jaws dropped when she saw the state Sooyoung's back was in and rushed over screaming for Taeyeon to come help. With the help of Taeyeon and Yoona, Sunny finally managed to clean and remove all of the glass shards that was embedded inside of Sooyoung and dressed up her wounds. Sooyoung laid her head on Yoona's lap as she slowly fell asleep from the painkillers she was given. Yoona her hair gently as the tears welled up in her eyes again. Not wanting to wake Sooyoung up, she bit on her lips tightly to control the tears from falling. Leaning down, she gently kissed Sooyoung's forehead as she whispered the words that she has never uttered before. "I love you Choi Sooyoung. I love you so so much." Sooyoung stirred from her sleep slightly and hear Yoona's whisper. Keeping her eyes closed, she smiled inwardly as she felt the pain slowly ebbed off to nothing as bliss and happiness surrounded her.

The next day, Sooyoung gently woke up to find Yoona beside her. Gently stretching forward, she kissed the lovely tear stained face in front of her as the smile slowly disappeared from her face. Her expression was serious as she knew she had to do something to ensure that everyone was protected especially Yoona. She didn't want her to ever be in danger again. Tiptoeing out of the room, she headded for the cafe's kitchen. Taeyeon had woken up early as usual to prepare the pastries and cakes for the opening of the cafe. Noticing Sooyoung, Taeyeon smiled a little and asked her how her back was feeling  Sooyoung smiled and waved a bandaged arm at her.. As she arranged the pastries that was for sale on the tray, she got a plate off the counter and placed a few of each pastries on it. Setting the plate in front of Sooyoung, she was surprised when Sooyoung gently pushed the plate away from in front of her. Sooyoung expression was grim as she motioned to Taeyeon to sit down on the chair opposite her.

"Taeyeon, I need to dicuss something with you. As we know, the boss we are dealing with is my own father and seriously, no one knows him better than me. Not even Sunny. He is utterly ruthless and completely capable of doing the most despicable things just to achieve what he wants. Yesterday's event was just a simple warning to strike fear in us. Very soon, he will kill us all one by one in the most inhumane ways ever imagined by any living human beings. I should know because I killed for him once and it wasn't a very pretty sight." Sooyoung shuddered as she remembered her first killing that she was forced to do.

She was only 7 then and her dad wanted to train her to kill for him. So he locked her up with 4 of the most ruthless killers in the world and told her to kill them all with her bare hands. They on the other hand were armed to the teeth with all the weapons you could ever think of and they were offered a huge sum of money if they could kill her. What happened inside was unimaginable and no words could describe the living hell that Sooyoung was immersed in as she had to fight for survival against 4 trained man who had no qualms about killing a child in cold blood. The door opened 3 days later to reveal Sooyoung who was hugging her knees in the corner of the cold dark room as the bodies of the four men laid all around the room. When she was brought out, she was covered in blood and her pupils were jet black. She was completely void of any emotions and all she could do was shiver in fear and cold. It took her a whole month to recover from the trauma and since that day, she completely lost her killing abilities. Her dad realised his mistake in subjecting a young child to such toture and that was the only reason why Sunny managed to escape from facing such a trauma in her life.

Taeyeon looked at Sooyoung and noticed the maturity and seriousness that was radiating out from her. Sooyoung noticed the frown on Taeyeon's brows and explained further "Ever since the anthrax incident, I realised that I started getting flashbacks of my pasts and as the days went by, I realised that I was slowly waking up from this deep sleep I had allowed myself to fall into." A cold laughter escaped from as she laughed at the predictament that had caused her to awaken from the state she locked herself in. "Guess I really do love Yoona so much to the extend of me waking up because of what happened to her." Tears welled up in her eyes as she bit on her tongue and struggled to continue talking. Clearing , she dried her tears on her sleeve as she finally got to the reason she came to Taeyeon for.

"Taeyeon, I have a plan to take down that devil of a father I have but its not going to be easy. I need your help." Taeyeon's expression got serious as she leant in to listen to the plan that Sooyoung have. Sooyoung briefly outlined her plans as Taeyeon's expression darken with each words that was uttered. When she finally finished, Taeyeon stood up and shook her head. "No, its too dangerous. Plus, if you really do put your plan in action, you are only going to endanger yourself. Plus, have you spared a thought for Yoona? If you carry out this plan, you are going to break her heart thoroughly. I am definetely not going to support this plan of yours." Sooyoung stood up beside Taeyeon and held on to her arms as the tears finally broke free from the iron grip of her eyes and rolled freely down her cheek. "Taeyeon, I am doing this because I know its the only way we can bring down my dad once and for all. Its the only way I can think of that will ensure Yoona, Sunny and you guys all stay safe." Taeyeon shook her head further as she held on to the counter for support. The weight of the plan Sooyoung had in mind was too heavy and it weighed down on her heart as the pros and cons of it came crashing through her brains one after another. Somehow she knew Sooyoung was right. It was the only plan that was workable as of this moment. Raising her head, she looked at Sooyoung in the eyes "Give me some time. I need to figure out how to make all this work out. Maybe we don't have to execute this plan at all and even if we did, lets try to find a way to at least ensure your safety."