Chapter 13

Department X

The day of the mission drew closer as Taeyeon, Jessica and Sunny busied themselves with getting the neccesary equipments needed for this mission. This mission was classified high risk because they had to find a way to get Yoona who didn't have much military training into a guarded building and then out again.

Their first job was to survey the building. Posing as an job seeker, Taeyeon entered the building. A brooch that was pinned on her dress filmed everything, taking note especially of the position of the security cameras, security devices and positioning of guard stations. Plans were amended and changed to suit the current situation as they finally spotted a flaw in the security system. This company not wanting to incur neccesary attraction to themselves had resorted to the traditional method of relying of magnetic passes which Taeyeon noticed was hung around the waist of the guards at the security counter.

Sunday finally came. Jessica drove up in a 7-11 supplies truck as they piled in and started setting up the equipments needed. Jessica drove slowly not wanting to cause any unnecesary attraction as they blended into the traffic with the many trucks rushing to deliver supplies to the shops first thing in the morning. Sooyoung and Yoonabusied themselves setting up the neccesary equipments at the back of the truck as Sunny double check to ensure that there was no hiccups in the communication network. Taeyeon parked the vehicle into the unloading bay behind the building just as Sunny finished applying the last layer of makeup on her face. Sooyoung had hacked into the security footage the day before and confirmed that the cameras were on the five second loop she set, she nodded to Taeyeon who gave Sunny the go ahead to execute their plan. 

Smoothing down the office outfit she wore, Sunny stroded confidentally into the building, noting the stares that came from the solitary guard on duty. Reaching the security counter, she pretended to search in her bag for the security pass she has to use to tap open the barriers that prevented her from entering the lift lobby. After a minute of pretense, she looked forlornly at the guard going for the pitisome little girl act. "I can't seem to find my pass but I really have to go up and get this report from my boss's table. He needs it urgently for a meeting. Could you be so kind and let me in? I will only take a minute." The guard stared into Sunny large eyes and pouty lips and found himself at a loss for word. Sighing, Sunny decided to just go with plan B. Gagging silently inside, she grabbed the guard by his shirt forcing him to stand up. Standing on tiptoes, she leaned in closer and as their lips draw near, she silently drop a tablet containing concentrated Ketamin into his cup of coffee behind the counter. It dissolved intantly upon contact with the liquid. Sunny released the guard, spun the the balls of her foot and walked away. The guard flushed as he came so close to kissing a girl that he thought was the most beautiful creature in the world. Blushing profusely, he gulped down his coffee in a move to calm himself down. Sunny smiled silently as she left the building and radio in to Taeyeon. "The fish has taken the bait. Proceed with reeling in now."

Yoona counted down a minute and then made her way into the building. As expected, the guard has fall into unconsiciousness and was slumped over the counter. Reaching in, she grabbed the pass off his belt and let herself into the building. Taking out her phone, she called out the blue prints of the building and located the server room in a flash. She took out a small screwdriver from her pocket and proceeded to unscrew the control panel on the lift. Connecting her phone to the main controls, she made the lift go down one level bringing her to the basement. The lift doors open revealing a brightly litted lab containing many orange plastic tub. Taeyeon monitored all her movement through the special contact lenses Yoona had on and told Yoona to look into one of the orange tubs to see what it contained. Yoona opened it, stuck her hand in and took a picture of the contents with her phone for analysis later. Taking a left turn from the 1st exit, Yoona reached the server room with no difficulty at all. All the expectation of having to squeeze through laser beams, gun fights with machine totting guards and getting crushed or having poisoned darts shot at her burst as she reached a drab white door that was protected with a keypad. Yawning from the boredom, Yoona took out a compact from her pocket and brushed the fine powder over the keyboard.then gently blowing it off after a while. 4 buttons had buttons sticking to it. Typing the numbers into her netbook, a program that Yoona had wrote previously ran through the 16 combinations and came up with a ranking of the possible combination with the percentage of possiblities beside it. The door clicked open on the 3rd attempt and Yoona stepped into the server room. Hooking her netbook up to the server, she quickly downloaded everything into a usb device and installed trojan horses into the system to be able to take control over it the next time. Going back out the same way she came, Yoona stifled a yawn as everything seemed so easy, she had even taken effort to see all the James bond movies with Sooyoung to prepare herself for her first field mission .As she stepped into the back of the truck, she handed over the usb device and the picture taken to Taeyeon and curled up on the floor as she drifted into sleep. Taeyeon encrypted the information and emailed it over to Tiffany.

Yoona was roughly shaken awake hours later as Taeyeon and Jessica rushed into the room. They half pulled, half dragged Yoona out of bed and hurriedly dressed her. Tiffany's car was waitng outside and they piled in the car not knowing what happened. Tiffany threw some medical supplies to Taeyeon as the tires squealed from the sudden acceleration. "Give her two shots and make her take these four tablets." Taeyeon looked at the tablets, its was a type of antibiotics called Ciprofloxacin. Grabbing the bottle of water Tiffany threw at her, Taeyeon hurriedly fed Yoona the tablets and screamed at Tiffany to stop the car as it was moving too fast for her to get the injections in. Taeyeon punched the first and second shot into Yoona as her eyes welled up in tears from the pain. Tiffany briefly explained the situation to Jessica who held Yoona in her arms as she comforted her. Apparently, Yoona had opened a plastic orange tub to take a picture of the contents inside. The plastic tub was actually a sealed disposal unit for toxic waste which was supposed to be incinerated in a two thousand degree furnace. It contained the gloves and face masked used by the scientist as they handled the Anthrax bacteria. Anthrax was a nasty little thing that can survive in any temperature for up to sixty years. Tiffany suspected that Yoona could have breathed in the bacteria when she opened the tub so she's now being rushed to the nearest hospital. A doctor specialising in Antrax treatment had been specially flown in from Los Angeles.

Yoona was carried out of the car by four nurses who loaded her on the trolley and rushed into the observation ward where a doctor was waiting. He took her blood sample as he explained the treatment procedure them. We are going to analysis this blood sample to see if she has been infected with anthrax or not. However the chances of survival decreases the longer the treatment is delayed, so we just have to prepare for the worst and start the treatment now. Taeyeon glanced worriedly at Yoona as a nurse fixed a tube on her arm. The doctor explained to them that some of the drugs used in the treatment were of pretty high toxicity and that Yoona's body will react violently to this. Jessica held on to Taeyeon's arm as they struggled to handle the shocking information that was just delievered to them.

Taeyeon and Jessica stayed by Yoona's bed trying to explain to her what had happened. After a few hours of treatment, Yoona became really pale and she started trembling uncontrollably. It was only minutes before she started throwing up. Jessica left the room unable to stand the sights anymore and the tears fell as she cried with her hands over to muffle any noise she was making. Taeyeon held Yoona's hand tightly trying to comfort the poor girl down. As the treatment continued, Yoona felt like her insides were tearing apart as she laid on the bed. Every movement she made felt like an electric shock to her as the pain ricocheted through her body. She felt her insides burning as she retched but nothing could come out from her anymore. The wait for the test results was unbearable not only to herself but to Taeyeon and Jessica too as they watched her suffer but there wasn't anything they could do to her. All they could do was to hold her hand tightly hoping that their presences will be a source of strength for Yoona. It wasn't until the next day morning that the doctor returned. Looking at Taeyeon and Jessica, he shooked his head and ordered the treatment to continue.