Chapter 29

Department X

Jessica jotled up from her nap as she finally heard  Yoona screaming her name in the earpiece. Whispering a quick reply to let Yoona know she's there, Jessica latched the safety off her Ruger amphibian as she muttered to herself. "Lets get this over and done with. I miss Yuri already" Opening the basement door, Jessica checked her gprs and headed up towards the main security office where the switch for the electrified gates were located. She peered around cautiously as she slowly stepped out from the darkness of the basement and turned straight into the face of a guard that happened to patrol by. Before he could open his mouth to give the alert, Jessica shot him with her Ruger. Dragging his body down into the basement, Jessica heaved a sigh of relief. She really got lucky this time.

Resolving to be more careful the next time, Jessica kept to the darkness, ensuring that the time she takes to clear the brightly litted ones are reduced to a minimum as she slowly made her way towards the flight of stairs that lead up to the second floor. Taking out 2 more guards with her Ruger, she carefully hid them in the various corners of the mansion ensuring that they couldn't be seen. Moving slowly, Jessica stuck close to the wall while taking the steps one at a time, Aiming her Ruger upwards, she kept her ears open for any sudden noises. Satisfied that she was not detected so far, she turned the corner blending into the darkness. The door opened as a guard came out yawning as he stretched his arms lazily into the air. He heard a pfft and when he turned his head, a piercing pain striked him straight in the chest as he collasped to the floor. Jessica rushed to the door preventing it from shutting fully. Stepping into the room, she double tapped at the dumbfounded guard,. His head crashed sideways onto the console panel after he was shot,  the blood pooling from the bullet wound right smacked in the middle of his forehead. Jessica dragged the guard she had shot at the door into the room and arranged the two of them on the chairs behind her. From a distance, it looks like they were sleeping peacefully.

Opening the electrical panel with a screwdriver, Jessica turned off the electric supply for the perimeter fence and radio Taeyeon to come in and join her. Straightening her clothes, Taeyeon and Sunny were instantly alert upon hearing Jessica's message as they crawled stealthly to the fence area. Ensuring that there were no residues of electricity left on the fence, Taeyeon winced as she picked up a bug that the Shikshin couple had found in the kitchen and watched as it crawled through the gap in the fence. Taking out a wire cutter from her pockets, Taeyeon cut a hole that was suitably sized for her and Sunny to crawl through. Keeping to the shadows, they entered the premises of Isao's mansion as Taeyeon carefully replaced back the hole she had previously made so as to not raise suspicions. Staying close to the grounds and area that the spot lights could not reach,  Taeyeon and Sunny enter Isao's mansion as they rendezvous with Jessica in the control room.

Jessica dropped the old magazine on her ruger and replaced it with a new one. She racked the slide replacing the round in the chamber and placed it on the table. Taking out the glock, she checked to ensure it was ok and that it was easily accesible to her. She adjusted the strap of the mp7 around her shoulder and parted ways with Taeyeon and Sunny. Sunny stayed in the control room to monitor the guard's activity as Taeyeon sneaked into Isao's study room to look for the blue prints. Donning night vision glasses, Taeyeon looked around the room as everything around her illuminated up in green. Heading for the stone lion that was placed on Isao's table, she poked one of its eyes as a rumbling sound came from the back of the room. A wall had opened up behind her revealing a digital safe. Taeyeon radioed Sooyoung to check the feed for the corret code to key in. Sooyoung replied after a while that it was the 3rd button for the first row, the 2nd button for the 2nd row and the 1st and 3rd button for the 3rd row. Taeyeon listened to Sooyoung's voice as she frowned and snapped at Sooyoung "Yah, stop eating my muffins, Sunny made them for me and me alone." Sooyoung choked on the muffin she had happily found in Taeyeon's bag as she looked around her for a hidden camera. Yoona looked at her quizically as she sat pinching bits off the muffin they found.

Taeyeon keyed in 3579 onto the keypad and the safe whirled open with a click sound. She quickly scanned through the safe as wads and wads of notes greeted her eyes but the blue print was nowhere to be found. Taeyeon looked closely at the safe in front of her and realised that the bottom was slightly thicker than usual, Taking out a screwdriver, Taeyeon carefully unscrewed the bottom of the safe. noticing a wire along the side, she took out her pocket knife and cut the wire. After doing so, she lifted up to reveal another compartment below the safe. Taeyeon check the papers inside and finally retrieved the blue prints fom the bottom of the stack. Radioing in that her part of the mission is accomplished, Taeyeon headed back to join Sunny in the control room.

Jessica continued down the walkway taking out guards that stood in her way with her trusty Ruger. She stuck to the shadows as the moon from the window reflected two huge bulky men standing outside Isao's room. Taking a coin from her pocket, she toss it at their direction as the sound of the coin rolling across the floor attracted their attention. Jessica took this opportunity to shoot the one furthest away from her. The bullet zipped across the air as when they turned, a schicked sound echoed softly down the hallway as it entered the windpipe of the guard she was aiming for, completely severing it as he collasped to his knees gurgling against the blood that rushed down his throat as he struggled to take his last breath of air. She aimed her Ruger at the second guard but only a click greeted her. The guard broke into a smile as he menacingly took a step towards her drawing his pistol from his shoulder holster and aiming it in her direction. Jessica cursed her luck as she retreated a little backing up into the wall behind her as she thought of a way out. She threw the ruger into the guard's face just before he could pull the trigger and followed up with a swift knee to the side of his head. Somersaulting to the ground, she grabbed his arms and twisted it into a hold pulled him towards her to disrupt his center of gravity. Placing a foot behind his, she sent him crashing to the ground and before he could scream for help, she pulled out a ka-bar from its sheath around her belt and stabbed his back, completely severing his C4 and C5 spinal cords. Death followed shortly as he collasped opening and closing his mouth but no air would go in. Death by Asphyxiation came shortly after.

Jessica opened the door to Isao's room to find him sleeping as a young girl that looked barely above 16 laid beside him in his arms. Her eyes fluttered open upon hearing the click of the door opening and Jessica motioned her with the barrel of her gun to get out, Raising a finger to her lips, Jessica emphasised on the word silently as the scared girl hurriedly gathered up her clothes on the floor and ran out of the room. Taeyeon and Sunny joined Jessica in the room as she levelled the barrel of her glock 19 at his head."Hasta la Vista, baby" she pulled the trigger at point blank range killing him instantly. Taeyeon rolled her eyes at Jessica's choice of phrase and Sunny faked a cough. Jessica whined as she turned back to face them. "What? It was something I had always wanted to try ok?" Taeyeon rolled her eyes again before taking out her own glock as they prepared to leave the building taking the easy way this time. They waited for Jessica at the doorway as she disengaged the safety on the mp7 and switched it to fire short burst. Cracking her neck from side to side, Jessica faced Taeyeon and Sunny with a grim expression on her face. "I am ready when you are" Upon saying that, they rushed out from the doorway of Isao's door with their guns blazing.