Chapter 45

Department X

Taeyeon heard two people clearing their throat for the 3rd time as she finally released the grip she held on Sunny's lips reluctantly. Turning their heads, the smiling faces of Sooyoung and Yoona greeted them as they squeezed onto the bed beside Taeyeon and Sunny. The movement made Taeyeon winced as pain shot up her spine once more. Taeyeon noticed a look on Sooyoung's face indicating that they need to talk and asked Sunny to go grab her something to eat from the canteen. Sooyoung asked Yoona to follow Sunny and grab her something to eat too and the two girls happily held hands and walked out of the room.

Sooyoung's smile slowly faded as she turned to look at Taeyeon. "We don't have a choice anymore. If we don't set this plan in motion, god knows what he will do us. First he sent a contract killer and now he's setting a bomb. What's next? A machine gun totting lunatic or a tank driving guy that has gone bonkers? If you hadn't noticed the bag in the corner, we would all have died and would now be gathered somewhere dressed in white with halos on our head and singing some hymns about praising the lord. Seriously, there is no time left. Look this incident is giving us a great opportunity to act on. We have to react now." Taeyeon looked at Sooyoung and sighed. She knew she was right but she really didn't want Sooyoung to be the one to make the sacrifice. It just didn't feel right to her.

Sunny came back first as Yoona didn't know what to choose for Sooyoung. From a distance, she noticed Sooyoung talking to Taeyeon in the glass panel but she was too far away to hear what they were saying. Pushing open the door to the room, she saw Sooyoung hurriedly turn towards her with a smile on her face and stared at the food Sunny held in her hands. Sunny hurriedly held the food behind her back and pointed in the direction of the canteen. Sooyoung quickly ran towards the direction Sunny pointed at but before she stepped out, she turned and saw Taeyeon nodding her head. Turning her back on Sunny, Sooyoung walked out of the room as a drop of tear rolled down her cheek.

Yoona was still looking at the menu when a pair of arms encircled her from her back and Sooyoung's head appeared on her shoulder. Sooyoung whined in Yoona's ear about how horrible hospital food tasted and dragged Yoona out to join her for the ice cream buffet they had before. Yoona and Sooyoung scared the staff once again as they finished the 30th scoop of ice cream between themselves and after paying for the food, Sooyoung asked Yoona to join her for a movie downtown. Yoona could sense a feeling of distress on Sooyoung but dismissed it with a shrug as the warm smile she loved appeared once again on Sooyoung's face as she held her hands and walked towards the shopping mall nearby.

===============================================================================================================

Sooyoung draped her arm around Yoona's shoulder as Alvin and the chipmunks sang away on the screen. Yoona rested her head in the crook of Sooyoung's neck enjoying the warmth it brought and paid attention to the show in front of her. Sooyoung looked down at Yoona as the tears escaped from her eyes and she hurriedly reached up to brush it away. Yoona turned to look at her quizzically as she felt the movement of Sooyoung hand and Sooyoung smiled and shooked her head gently. Sooyoung decided to take this opportunity as she looked at Yoona in the eye and spoke with a serious expression on her face.  "Yoona, I really really love you a lot. So much so that I am willing to do anything and everything I can just to ensure that you are safe and sound." Placing Yoona's hand over her heart, Sooyoung continued talking "I just want you to know,  whatever we may become in the future, whatever I may change into. This heart beats for you and you alone. So I really really hope, you can trust that whatever I may do in the future, my only motive is to protect you from any harm that may befall on you." Yoona stared into Sooyoung eyes as she spoke and she suddenly felt an urge to cry. The tears welled up in her eyes as she buried her head into Sooyoung's chest "What's going on? Why are you suddenly behaving so weirdly. You are going to do something stupid isn't it?" These thoughts swiveled around in her brains turning faster and faster and she couldn't help but scream it out into the open. The patrons in the cinema turned their heads sharply towards the source of noise and Sooyoung hurriedly silenced her as she held her close snuffling out the screams.

Yoona dragged Sooyoung out from the theatre as she stood in front of her with her hands on her hips. The look on her face was indignant as she looked at Sooyoung and demanded for answers for the questions she have. Sooyoung sighed as she thought of how she can get out of this situation. Finally she did the only method that came to her mind, Sooyoung encircled her arms around Yoona's waist as she pulled her in for a kiss. Holding on tightly, she refused to let Yoona go no matter how much she was squirming and pounding her fist on Sooyoung. She held even tighter when she felt Yoona slowly melt into the kiss they shared. The tears rolled down her cheeks once again as she knew this was going to the last kiss between them for a long long time. When she finally broke the kiss reluctantly, she held Yoona tightly in her arms as she tried hard to control the tears that were flowing uncontrollaby down her cheeks. Yoona felt Sooyoung's tears on her shoulder and each time the teardrops landed, a piece of Yoona's heart will break along with it. Tightening her grip on Sooyoung's back, Yoona whispered gently into her ears "I know you have something planned ever since that day I got shot. I may be ignorant at times but you are the one I love the most and if there is even a little change in you, I would know somehow. Youngie, I know what you have in mind in going to be really really dangerous and you have to leave me for a long long time. So all I can do is to promise you this, I will learn to take care of myself and wait for you to come back one day. So whenever you are weary and burdened and feel like giving up, just remember this. I will always be waiting for you to come back with my arms opened. Promise me you will come back no matter what ok?" Sooyoung finally broke down as she buried her head into Yoona's shoulder and release all the tension and fear she had been harbouring inside of her as she nodded her head vigourously and hugged Yoona for all she's worth. Yoona her hair and back gently as they held on each other tightly knowing that they are creating a memory that will have to last them for a long long period of time.

======================================================================================================

Sooyoung woke up in Yoona's room and glanced at the clock on the wall. It was 3am and everyone in the house was either fast asleep or locked up inside their room doing god knows what. She gently removed her hands from Yoona's bare waist and got dressed silently in the dark. She glanced at Yoona who laid there with her eyes closed and bent down to gently kiss her on her lips and forehead. Taking out a ring box from her pockets, Sooyoung opened it to reveal two silver rings that had had the words Y L Y engraved behind. The rings were specially made and they formed a heart shape when they were placed together. Taking out one of the rings, Sooyoung gently slipped it onto Yoona's finger as she whispered softly "Im Yoona, I love you so so much. I don't and cannot afford to lose you so I am going to be selfish and tie you to myself even though I cannot offer you anything at this moment. I chose to propse at this moment because I don't have the guts to face you as I am going to have to leave you alone for a long long time. But I promise you I will be back for a proper proposal and I promise you I will give you the grand wedding you had always wanted. So will you marry me?" Sooyoung hurriedly stood up and left the room after saying what she needed to say. She stuffed the ring box back into her pockets anf grabbed the bag she had packed the day before. Opening the back door to the cafe, she shivered as the cold winter wind greeted her. She heard a sound of an object being thrown up and down as a voice sounded behind her. "Pabo, you dropped something." Turning back, she saw Yoona tossing a ring box up into the air and catching it back with her hands. She stuffed her hands into her pocket and realised that her ring box was missing. Sighing, she walked back into the cafe as a pair of arms wrapped around her and a voice sounded gently into her ears "I do!"

Sooyoung could feel the tears welled up in her eyes when Yoona placed the ring on her finger. Yoona slapped her arm playfully and smiled "I didn't know that my Youngie would turn into such a cry baby when she grew up. Maybe I should reconsider my options again. I heard Seohyun is looking really hot these days...." Yoona's words got silenced as a pair of lips closed onto hers and she felt Sooyoung growl and feel herself getting lost in the ravaging kiss from Sooyoung. They separated finally to breathe as both of them panted hard from the breath taking kiss they had shared. Yoona held onto Sooyoung's hands entwining them together and seeing the heart shape that formed as their rings met and broke into a smile "Promise me you will take care of yourself wherever you are ok? Remember that there will always be someone here waiting for you to come back with an expectant heart. So think of me first before you plan to do something stupid ok?" Sooyoung nodded her head and smile gently as Yoona continued. "Plus don't you forget what I do for a living. It isn't really hard for me to find out where the hell you go to and drag you bodily back to where I am. Just like Jessica unnie once said. NEVER get in a hacker bad books. You would die a thousands times and not know what happened to you."  Sooyoung laughed even though she knew Yoona was just trying to lighten the mood so that she could leave easier. Opening the door to the cafe once again, she turned back to kiss Yoona on her lips for the last time and slung the bag over her shoulders disappearing into the cold winter night outside.

Yoona closed the door and leaned her back against it as the smile she wore finally faded away. Crashing to the ground, she saw the concerned face of Taeyeon looming above hers and she accepted the embrace Taeyeon offered as she cried long and hard. Over at the other end of the door, Sooyoung looked down at the ring on her finger as the tears slowly wetted her cheeks.