Chapter 42

Department X

A.N : Sorry for taking so long to update. Ran a little out of ideas. Plus severly underslept these few days. But anyway I am back with an update. Hope you guys enjoy this part =)

Everyone fell silent after hearing what Sunny said and Taeyeon wrapped her arms around her as she knew her presence would be the greatest comfort to Sunny right now. The atmosphere was comforting and warm and their guards were let down as they shared hugs and tears over Sunny's story. Yuri looked and Sunny and smiled as she now knows why she found her and Sooyoung familiar. Their fathers were brothers and they were really close when they were young. They used to play together regularly as kids and she knows a little of the torture they were subjected to.

Just as everyone were concentrating on the subject of Sunny and Sooyoung's dad, a pfft sound came from their eight o clock direction as Yoona crumpled to the floor behind Yuri holding onto her left arm. Blood poured out from a wound in her arm as she held onto it and groaned softly. Sooyoung rushed to her side and held her in her arms as she hurriedly applied pressure onto the wound as the blood spilt out from between her fingers. Jessica reacted instantly as she picked up a glass from the table and threw it at the direction the shot came from. Another pfft sounded as the glass shattered into pieces in midair with the shards flying all around. Sooyoung threw her body over Yoona shielding her from getting anymore injuries as the shards landed on her back and arms. Sooyoung grunted as she clenched on her jaws tightly to shield out the pain from her mind and continued ensuring that Yoona was not hurt by any of the flying glass shards. Screams sounded all around as the customers ran out of the cafe as fast as they could. Seohyun hurriedly pushed Hyoyeon into the kitchen just as she was coming out with a new batch of muffins.

Taeyeon and Sunny splitted up as they rushed towards the couch that the gunshots came from. A figure in grey hoodie sat calmly on the couch and a black ruger glinted from between the pages of his magazine as he took aim again this time at the target he came for. His shot landed harmlessly into a cushion as Taeyeon knocked into him and the gun clattered onto the floor from the momentum. The two of them scrambled for the gun which got kicked around in the fight. Sunny looked for an opportunity to strike and took it when she saw an opening between the two of them. Her kick landed as the assailant's head snapped back from the impact and he laid dazed on the floor. The hood fell from his face revealing a handsome face. He smirked in reply to all their questionings and just laid there trying to recover from the kick he received. The only reply he gave as they surrounded him was "Of all people my first shot had to land on the idiotic and useless one. The boss won't be pleased with this."

A gunshot rang out as everyone stared blankly at the assailant that now laid dead on the flooor as the blood drained out from a wound between his eyes. Everyone turned around to see who had fired the gun and they were greeted by the sight of Sooyoung standing there with the smoking gun between her fingers. The expression on her face was cold and void of any emotions as she glared at the body on the floor and allowed the gun to drop from her fingers and land onto the floor with a clatter. Sunny ran over to Sooyoung immediately taking up her hand and trying to get her to move upstairs so that she could assess her injuries. Sooyoung stood there refusing to move as a tremble slowly moved up from her fingers and spreaded around her body. She was trembling badly and no matter how Sunny or the rest talked to her, she simply couldn't move a step.

An arm circled around her waist as Yoona struggled to stand up with the help of Jessica. The bleeding on her arm had slowed down considerably from the pressure that Sooyoung had applied before and Jessica had helped to dress her wound with this scarf that a guest had left behind. Yoona leant over and spoke into her ears softly and Sooyoung finally broke down as the tears started spilling out from within her. Yoona tried her best to embrace her as best as she could with one arm as the pain she felt when Yoona got shot rocked through her body crumpling every part of her heart.

With the help of Sunny and Jessica, Taeyeon finally managed to get everyone upstairs where it was safe. Sooyoung refused to allow anyone to attend to her wounds as she struggled to sit on the bed with the glass shards still sticking out from her arms and back. She had grabbed the first aid kit from Taeyeon earlier and she now unwrapped the scarf that was tied around Yoona's arm and cleaning up the wound as best as she could, Sooyoung realised that the bullet hadn't actually imbedded itself in Yoona's arm. It had merely scratched through the surface of the skin leaving a long streak on her arm that the blood was trickling from. Yoona winced when Sooyoung applied the antiseptic and tried her best to ignore the throbbing pain that was on her arm. Sooyoung bandaged the wound up and then kissed it with her lips gently as the tears welled up in her eyes. Yoona stretched out her uninjured arm to wipe it away before it could roll down Sooyoung's cheek and reassured Sooyoung again that she was perfectly fine. "Since there is no one here now, will you allow me to look at your wounds?" Sooyoung nodded as she turned around with her back facing Yoona who carefully cut open Sooyoung's shirt  with a pair of scissors. The bloody mess on her back shocked her as she saw how badly mangled Sooyoung's back was. There were shards of glass sticking out from various parts of her back and some were even embedded itself so deep inside you have to cut open the wound to remove the glass shards.

Yoona cleaned up Sooyoung's wounds as best as she could but there were just too many shards of glass and her medical knowledge wasn't competent enough to ensure that Sooyoung's wounds were properly attended to. Everytime she had to dig in with the tweezers to remove a piece of glass, she would notice Sooyoung's brows furrow together and all her muscles would tense up tightly as she fought against the waves of pain that Yoona was inflicting on her.  Yoona couldn't take it anymore as she finally threw the towel into the basin of water in front of her and broke down from all the guilt and heart ache she was experiencing. The tears rolled down her face like the beginning of a thunderstorm and the plinking sounds of her tears dropping into the basin of water beneath her filled up the room as she sobbed uncontrollably into her hands.  

Sooyoung turned at the sound of Yoona's sobs and wrapped her arms tightly around her ignoring the throbbing pain that was coming from her back and arms. She didn't say a word because she knew at that moment whatever she said would be futile. Yoona finally calmed down after a while. Leaning back from Sooyoung's embrace, she opened to apologise but before any words could come out, a pair of lips silenced her completely as Sooyoung whispered. "Its ok. I know."