Chapter 14

Department X

At the cafe

Sooyoung woke up, stretched and looked forward to another day of playing with Yoona. Heading towards the kitchen, she poured out two bowls of cereal and set it on the table. Walking to Yoona's room, she banged on the door to wake her up. After a while, she realised there was no respond. Opening up the door, she was greeted by a cold and empty room. Running around the house, she started looking for Yoona. She checked the rooms, the toilets even the cafe but Yoona was nowhere to be found. Running into Sunny's room, she burst open the door to find Sunny already dressed up with a worried look on her face. "Unnie unnie, I cannot find Yoona anywhere, have you seen her?" Sunny calmed Sooyoung down as she told Sooyoung to get dressed and she will explain to her on the way. They got into one of the cars parked at the garage and drove towards the hospital as Sunny explained Yoona's situation to Sooyoung.

"Youngie, Yoona is very sick now. There is some bad bad virus inside of her. She is now at the hospital where the doctors there will help to make her feel better." When Sooyoung heard what happened to Yoona, she suddenly put a hand on her chest as she felt a pain tear through her heart. Not knowing what it was that she was feeling, She urged Sunny to drive faster as she somehow felt this was a pain that only Yoona could make better. When they reached the hospital, Sooyoung dragged Sunny as she tore down the walkway running to where Taeyeon and Jessica where sitting. The two of them looked terrible as they didn't get a wink of sleep last night. Sooyoung burst through the door to see Yoona groaning as the medicine coursed through her veins. The nurses were wiping the sweat off her as a doctor inserted a tube through her nose. Sooyoung could see that Yoona was in so much pain and she blamed it all on the doctors and nurses. Pushing the doctors and nurses away from Yoona, she sent a doctor crashing into the equipments as it fell onto the floor. Sooyoung tried to tear the tube away from Yoona as she could tell it made her feel very uncomfortable. Taeyeon, Sunny and Jessica ran into the room stopping Sooyoung before she could any more damage and pulled her outside the room. Sunny brought Sooyoung to a corner and explained to her what the doctors are doing and the effects it will have on Yoona. When they returned, Sooyoung was visibly calmer. Sooyoung walked into the room once more as the doctors and nurses retreated to a side clearning a way for her. Taking up Yoona's hand gently from the side of the bed, she felt it trembled in her hands as the tears started rolling down her face.Turning to face Sunny who had walked in with her and standing behind she asked quietly "Unnie, Yoona will be okay right? You told me the doctors will cure her so she won't die right?" Her lips trembled as she spoke. Sunny pulled Sooyoung into a hug and reassured her that the doctors will definetely cure Yoona. "Then I want to stay here until she is better. I know she wants to see me when she wakes up." Sunny patted Sooyoung's shoulder as she left her there to check up on Taeyeon and Jessica.

Sunny only saw Taeyeon who explained that she had sent Jessica home to get some rest as she really looked like a wreck. Sitting quietly beside Taeyeon, she noticed that Taeyeon's hand were shaking uncontrollably. Putting hand on Taeyeon's shoulder, she asked if she was ok. Taeyeon lifted her head refusing to look at Sunny in the eyes and walked away. Just then tears started rolling down her cheeks as Taeyeon finally broke down sobbing uncontrollably into her hands. "Its all my fault. If I didn't ask her to check the contents of the orange tub she would be fine. How could I have made such a stupid decision." Taeyeon screamed as the tears just wouldn't stop falling. Raising a hand, she punched the wall repeatedly as her knuckles split open and matted the wall with her blood. Sunny ran up to stop her from further injuring herself by pulling Taeyeon in her arms. Hugging Taeyeon tightly, she prevented her from hitting the walls somemore as Taeyeon sobbed into her shoulders wetting her shirt. Tears ran down Sunny face too as she could feel Taeyeon's guilt and pain. After a long while, Taeyeon's sob slowly subsided and Sunny released her gently. Sunny sat her down on the chairs outside and raised a hand to brush away her tears. Calling a nearby nurse, Sunny asked for some antiseptic, bandages and cotton bud as she tended to Taeyeon's hands. She gently applied the antiseptic, blowing on it as Taeyeon winced from the pain. Then she gently dressed it up in bandages. She decided to hold on to Taeyeon's hand just in case she decides to injure herself again. Sunny could see that Taeyeon was very tired, so she pressed her head down onto her shoulders telling Taeyeon to get some rest. Taeyeon slowly shut her eyes listening to Sunny's reassuring voice and finally managed to get the rest she needs.