Chapter 36

Department X

Yuri held the printout in her trembling hands as she confirmed and reconfirmed a billion times hoping and praying that somehow the face in the printout will turn out to be wrong and its actually someone elses face that got printed out. She got more and more desperate with each check as the guards bombarded her to make a decision about dealing with the intruder before she takes actions. Forcing herself to make the decision, Yuri ordered the guards to stand down as she was afraid of them hurting Jessica. It was time for them to talk.

Yuri trained one of the surveillance camera onto the spot where Jessica was hiding and at face that appeared on the screen lovingly. A single drop of tear rolled her cheek as she brushed it away with the back of her arm. Yuri thought back to their first meeting at the roadside stall. She was there to discuss business when the goons entered. Not wanting to create attention, she had chose to sit there quietly and watch as Jessica kicked their . How could she have been so dumb to miss out the fact that has been right smacked in her face from the start. How could a simple barista have such good skills. Her moves had hinted of military combat skills and that flexibility she showed in bed, no simple barista could have achieved that without years and years of training. Yuri shooked her head as a phrase she learnt in school came to her mind. Love is blind and it seems in her case, love had really blinded her right from the start. Yuri gave the monitor image of Jessica a last gentle carress as she headed to her dad's room to explain the situation to him.

Yuri briefly explained her relationship with Jessica to her dad who didn't seem surprised at all. When she finally ended her speech, Andy smiled as he scruffled her hair "My dear, you seemed to have forgotten who is the owner of that club you kissed her in, the museum that you hung up a painting of her and the hotel in which the two of you slept in. I may be old, but I am still glad for you that you have found somebody that could make you smile from the bottom of your heart. She was also the main reason why I decided to get a new identity for the both of us. I didn't want you to have to face telling her about what you did for a living, but I guess... I was too late. I am sorry for everything" Yuri's front shattered in front of her dad as she collasped in his arms and cried her heart out. Andy embraced his daugther as he reassured her that everything will be alright in the end. He would make sure of it. When the sobs had finally subsided, Yuri calmed herself down as she made the hardest decision of her life. She was choosing her dad's safety over her love for Jessica. Yuri made arrangement for the deportation of her dad and all the guards in the villa and when everything was done, the night had fallen and it was time for the confrontation to start.

============================================================================================

Nightfall came as Jessica sprang into action. She took the Ruger out from its holster and entered into the vicinity. Surprised that there was completely no resistance, Jessica wondered where all the guards had gone to as she silently entered the mansion from a side door that was carelessly left unlocked. Taking the utmost care not to be seen or heard, Reporting back to Taeyeon, Jessica proceeded towards a light source that shone from one of the rooms upstairs. Creeping up the stairs, she carefully stepped on the side panels ensuring that no creaks were heard. When she finally reached the room, she pushed open the door gently revealing a study room with a desk in the middle of the room. The room was dark as the only light source came from the litte table lamp that litted up a circle of 60cm in diameter. The rest of the room was shrouded in darkness as Jessica slowly entered the room pricking her ears up to catch any sound of feets approaching in her direction. She headed towards the desk to check out the contents and the instant her back turned, she felt the metal barrel of a pistol pointed at the back of head and a voice which she found to be extremely familiar came from behind her telling her to drop her gun slowly.

Jessica knew when she was defeated and that she had no choice but to abide with it. Lowering her gun onto the floor, she noticed that the voice was quivering. Jessic heard the sharp intake of a breath through the nose as a pair of arms wrapped themselves around her and the gun dropped from it landing in front of Jessica. Tears wet the fabric around her shoulder as the reality hit Jessica in a shot, She knew the embrace very well. It was an embrace she enjoyed experiencing, an embrace that would warm her in the darkest and coldest nights. But this time, the weight of the embrace made her felt like her heart got crushed in an instant as it was forcibly ripped out from inside of her and thrown into the void because she now knew who the embracer was. It was the one she loved even more than herself. The one whom she was going to get married to. The love of her life...Kwon Yuri.