Chapter 34

Department X

Andy gathered up the neccesary documents as he got ready for the meeting today. Before he left, something inside one of his pocket vibrated stifftening him instantly. Taking the vibrating phone from his pocket, he answered hesitantly only to be greeted by a rushed voice that told him of his fate. Andy smiled as he realised the voice over the end was Taecyeon, a guy he rescued from the streets years and years ago. This boy owed him a favour and now he was returning it.

Taecyeon briefly explained the orders that have been given to him and Andy realise that he could use this to his advantage. Briefly dicussing the plans over with Taecyeon, Andy left knowing that the meeting with his old friend will have to be postponed to a later date. Andy arrived at the carpark and briefly glanced at the cars that were parked there. He smiled to himself as he noticed the two sleek black bmws that was parked at a distance away. The boss had always been slow at distributing the profits but when it came to killing one of his own, he certainly worked fast. Andy shook his head slightly as he thought of his relationship with boss. They grew together in the same village and were closer than some siblings that had blood relations. He was a year older than Andy but their characters were so so different. He was cold, ruthless and completely unscrupulous while Andy was the benign and soft hearted one. When his brother's wife leapt to her death, Andy knew that it was somehow indirectly caused by his brother. The fact shooked him as he came to realise that if his brother could do this to his own wife, he will one day do it to him too. A rift in their relationship was created as a result and Andy secretly came to worry for his brother's children. Luckily for them, they chose to leave their own father. They reminded him of his own daughter as they were around the same age. Hell, they even played together before. Sighing at the thought, Andy muttered a silent prayer for them in his heart as he got in his car and adjusted his rearview mirror to ensure he could see the bmws behind him. Its time for the cameras to roll.

 

==========================================================================================

 

Andy drove along the road as he tried eluding the tails he had. Cutting across 4 lanes on the highway, Andy made a sudden exit causing the cars behind him to screech to a stop and angry horns blared at his direction. The two bmws tried following him but was prevented from doing so as the drivers who couldn't stop in time crashed into one another resulting in a huge build up by the exit. Glad that his evasion driving techniques had work, Andy finally stopped as he parked outside a restaurant downtown and stepped out from his car. Now he could only hope that everything will go on as planned. When he stepped out, he took out his phone in the street and pretend to make a phone call.

Taecyeon laid on the rooftop of the office block that was located on the other side of the road. He love the feel of the Ruger.22 in his hand. Although it may not be as deadly as many of the other models available in the market. It was his favourite gun as it only takes two screws for barrel and the trigger mechanism  to be seperated from the stock. It was light and compact enough for his line of work. He lined up the crrosshair of his Leupold Side Focus scope onto the side of the road where he knew Andy will exit from. He knew that the boss was watching his every action and he silently prayed for Andy's plan to actually work. This was the least he could do to repay Andy's favour. A car drove up and parked at the designated meeting spot as Taecyeon's grip tightened on on the stock of the gun, Curling his finger against the trigger he lined up the shot and fired.

Andy tensed himself up for the bullet he know that will arrive shortly. When itt came, it felt like someone had punched him in the chest hard. He felt the surroundings slant to a side as the colours rapidly drained out of the air turning everything into a black and white movie. The only colour came from a irregular crimson shape on the front of his shirt as it grew rapidly. He saw the screaming mouths of the passing pedestrians but there was no sound emitting from them. The streets tilted more and more until it became upside down. He saw many heads crowded around him and he wish they would go away. From amongst the heads, he saw a face that made him smile, it was his wife. The love of his life had come to take him away as she leant down and reached out a hand. Smiling to himself, Andy smiled and closed his eyes as he reached for the outstretched hand. So this was how it feels to die.