Chapter 54

Department X

Sooyoung successfully sneaked back into her room and was halfway through changing when knocking sounds sounded outside her door. Hurriedly adjusting her clothes and stuffing the rest into her wardrobe, Sooyoung opened the door revealing one of her father's man as he bowed curtly at her. Sooyoung faked a yawn as she ran her fingers through her hair pretending to comb it a little and nodded at the man who relayed her dad's invitation to Sooyoung to join him for dinner.

Sooyoung padded downstairs after changing out of the pj she had on and kissed her dad on his cheeks before sitting herself down beside him. Her dad smiled warmly at her and brushed back her bangs gently as one of the men behind her placed a bowl of rice in front of her. Sooyoung nodded curtly thanking the man behind as her dad picked up some meat off the plate in front of them and placed it in her bowl. "Eat more you need the energy for tomorrow." Sooyoung looked down at the meat on top of her rice and clenched her fist tightly beneath the table as she forced her tears back in. The meat in her bowl was Bulgogi and it was one of the dishes her mom had always cooked for them when she was still alive. Forcing a smile on her face, Sooyoung picked up the piece of meat and stuffed it into and quickly swallowed it with a few mouthful of rice. Beneath the table, her knuckles were slowly turning white and the pain in her shoulder flared from the sudden exertion. Sooyoung faked another smile as she picked up some kimchi and placed it in her dad's bowl before asking him "Tomorrow? Whats up with tomorrow?" Her dad smiled as he accepted the kimchi from her "Sooyoung, tomorrow you will be starting work in the company. I have gotten your room ready for you. I do hope the furnishing is to your liking." Sooyoung finished up the last of the rice and placed her bowl down as the excitement of finally entering her dad's company flashed in her eyes "Appa, so what position do you have in mind for me?" Her dad smiled as he picked grain of rice off the corner of and placed it on the napkin "Its the position of the general manager. I have loads of business I am planning to handover to you. Do not disappoint me." Sooyoung held her dad's arms as she leaned her head on his shoulder "Since when have I ever disappointed you."

=======================================================================================================================

Taeyeon couldn't take it anymore as Sunny bugged her for the nth time this week asking her about Sooyoung's disappearance. They were in a restaurant as Taeyeon had wanted to get away from Sunny but sadly for her, Sunny followed her out and now the two of them sat inside a restaurant near the cafe as Sunny held onto her hands "Taeng, seriously. Are you sure you don't know where on earth has Sooyoung disappeared to?" Taeyeon propped her hands on the table as she held her head dejectedly "I seriously don't know where the hell she is okay?" Truth be told, Taeyeon really didn't know where Sooyoung would be at this moment and she couldn't possibly tell Sunny about Sooyoung going back as an undercover at their dad's side. Sunny would probably freak out and end up rushing in to help Sooyoung and then end up getting herself killed in the process. Sunny persisted tugging on Taeyeon's sleeve and forcing Taeyeon to face her "But I saw the two of you talking in the hospital. I just have this feeling Sooyoung and you are up to something. I promise to keep myself calm, just please don't leave me in the dark okay?" Taeyeon shooked her head again "Sunny, I am telling you for the last time. I swear I don't know where Sooyoung is.." Before she could finish her sentence, she saw Sunny push her head down as she stared out of the glass panel of the restaurant. Moments later, Sunny ran out of the restaurant and Taeyeon hurriedly turned to see what had caused Sunny to have such a reaction. Smacking her forehead with her palm Taeyeon muttered under her breath "Oh crap!" When she saw Sooyoung getting out of a limo that was parked in front of a tall office building linking arms with her dad who was beside her.

Sunny ran towards Sooyoung as fast as she could but the traffic on the road was so bad that she was stranded at one side as she helplessly watched her sister entering into the building with the person she hated the most. Sunny took a brief glance at the security outside and knew it wasn't going to be easy to barge in like that. A plan came to her mind as she disappeared into the dark alley behind her and emerged moments later dressed up as a domino's pizza delivery boy. Holding up the delivery bag in her hand, Sunny was allowed access into the buidling as she showed a hastily typed out delivery note indidcating that this delivery was for some big shots upstairs. Sunny silently thanked her previous memories of the executives in her dad's office for that as she lowered her head and past through the security cameras in the entrance. Sunny entered into the lift of the building she had sworn she would never enter again and pulled her cap lower across her face. Sunny knew which level her dad was on and knowing the patterns of her dad, she pressed the button for the 2nd highest floor. Sunny kept her head low throughout the journey and smiled politely everytime an office staff entered or exited the lift. Hearing scraps of conversation between the staff, Sunny deduced that Sooyoung was now the new general manager in the company as the staffs swapped gossips they have heard about her. The last staff finally exited from the lift a floor below and Sunny took the lift up to the floor Sooyoung was on. Two men stood outside the glass door and they stopped Sunny from entering further. Sunny tried the same tactics of delivering pizzas to Sooyoung but they blantantly refused to let her in even with the delivery note in her hands. Sunny was about to leave when a female voice sounded behind her "Let her in. I was the one who ordered the pizza for our GM." Sunny turned as an unfamiliar face smiled at her and the two guards seperated as they opened the door for her.

The girl pulled Sunny to one side of the office and pulled her into a hug as Sunny struggled as hard as she could to break free from her grasp. Sunny's arm shot up as she aimed a palm at the person's nose bridge and the person finally had to release Sunny as she bounded backwards a little to avoid the strike. Shaking her head she pouted a little "You really don't recognise me huh Lee SoonKyu." Sunny's eyes widen when she heard her name from the past and she hurriedly took a step forward clapping a hand over the person's mouth as she forced her into a corner. Lowering her hands to choke the person on her neck, Sunny hissed threateningly through her teeth "Who the hell are you and how on earth did you know my name." The person raised both her arms up in the defense position as she forced open the choke Sunny had on her and her right knee shot up forcing Sunny to take a step back. Sunny immediately realised who her opponent was as she broke into a smile and hugged the person in front of her.

The person pointed at the room behind her as she held on to Sunny's hand and lead her to it. "When I saw that Sooyoung had returned, I knew somehow that you would come back too. I just didn't expect you to look like..." The person pointed at Sunny's outfit and Sunny smiled as she explained that she had something important she needed to talk to Sooyoung about. Sunny placed a finger to her lips and the person nodded "Don't worry, I won't tell your dad you are here. Remember what I said when we were kids? The promise still stands till now." Sunny smiled as she remembered a scene back when she was still a kid.

//Flashback

Sunny laid on the floor of the dojo with the sweat pouring off her face. She jumped up when an ice cold bottle touched her face as she gave an annoyed look at the person holding the bottle.  A girl that looked around her age giggled as she sat beside Sunny taking a gulp from her own bottle and then leaning her head onto Sunny's shoulder. Sunny dranked deeply from the bottle that was offered to her as she turned to look at the person beside her "Hyomin, I swear one day, I am going get out from this hell hole and survive in the real world without any help from that idiotic father of mine" The girl smiled as she snuggled closer to Sunny and closed her eyes. "Just remember this, wherever you are and whatever you do, you'll have my fullest support even if its gonna cost me my life." Sunny just smiled as she took another swag from her bottle and lowered her head coming to a rest on top of Hyomin's as she allowed the gentle breathing on her shoulder to lull her into a break away from the harsh trainings they go through everyday.

//End of Flashback