Chapter 58

Department X

Yoona woke up and found herself back on her bed with the duvet over her. Deciding to get up and stretch her limbs, she slowly walked down to the cafe but only saw Seohyun and Hyoyeon serving the customers. Yoona felt a slight tinge of disappointment when she realized Yuri was nowhere to be found. A growl in her stomach indicated to her that she hadn't eaten for hours as she dejectedly headed up to see if there was anything to eat. A plate of fried rice greeted her when she entered the dining room and a note beside it brought the smile back on Yoona's face when she realized that Yuri had prepared this for her

Yoona ah

I know you will be hungry when you wake up so I made you dinner. Do heat it up in the microwave before tucking in or it might not be nice.

Love Yuri

Yoona picked up the spoon as she tucked into the food hungrily and even though the dinner was cold, it was nice enough for her. Just as she had finished scraping the plate, Yuri rushed in and grabbed her arm as she told her to just leave the plate and follow her somewhere immediately. Before Yoona could even protest she found herself strapped into the passenger side of Yuri's car as Yuri floored the accelerator. Yoona stared blankly at Yuri who turned to look at her with a serious expression on her face. "Yoona ah, I know why you were unable to contact Sooyoung." Yoona's ears pricked up at the mention of Sooyoung's name and she sat up straight as she turned her body to look at Yuri who abruptly filtered across three lanes earning herself a loud horn from the car at the back. 

"I just received news from this guy that is working as one of LSM's aide. He was previously under my dad and therefore he still kind of update me whenever he can. I went out just now to meet up with him and he told me that Sooyoung is currently one of the wards in Severance Hospital. Apparently her dad made her undergo a very stringent test and she got shot as a result. Fortunately the bullet was only in her shoulder area but she still lost quite a significant amount of blood so she has been unconscious for the past 3 days."

Yoona felt her heart jerked at the news Yuri brought her as she cringed and gripped the car seat tightly with her hands. Breathing in deeply, various images of Sooyoung tied up to various machines and tubes flashed in her mind as she shook her head to get them out of the way. Yuri noticed the beads of sweat on her forehead as she hurriedly grabbed a tissue and gently wiped Yoona's brows with her left while trying to keep her eyes on the road. Yoona's eyes looked cold and empty as she stared blankly at Yuri's face and a drop of tears slowly rolled down her cheek. Yuri brushed it lightly away with her thumb as she swerved to avoid an incoming truck.

It took only 20 minutes but to Yoona it felt like forever as she hurriedly got out of the car and was about to run to where Sooyoung was but Yuri's arm shot out and pulled her back. "Yoona, LSM's men are situated in every nook and cranny of the hospital and it wouldn't be easy to get to her. So we can't just rush in like that. You will only get yourself killed even before you can reach within a hundred metres from where Sooyoung is." Yoona's eyes flashed and she replied in a steely voice "I will just kill anyone that gets in the way then." Yuri was shocked to see Yoona behave in such an irrational way and she shook Yoona by her shoulders "Are you out of your mind? Do you really think you can take on twenty to thirty men by yourself? I know you are desperate to see Sooyoung as soon as possible so trust me ok? I promise I will get you in safely and extradicate you back in the same manners." Yoona's eyes focused a little at Yuri's words as the icy expression slowly got replaced with a blank look and her head slowly bobbed up and down.

=============================================================================================================

Yuri held Yoona's left hand in her right as she whipped out a phone and quickly dialed a number. She spoke briefly and fell silent nodding every now and then into her phone. Ending the call, she turned to look at Yoona and opened an app in her phone. Pointing to a blinking dot in the gps map she told Yoona. This is where Sooyoung is located. Moments later, red dots peppered the screen and Yuri explained and thats the location of the guards that are stationed outside. A footstep sounded in the distance as one of the red dots slowly approached them and Yuri hurriedly pulled Yoona down with her as they hid behind her car. The red dot got nearer and nearer to where they were and Yoona could feel the grip Yuri had on her increased with each footstep that sounded. Soon the footsteps slowly grew softer and softer as the guards rounded the corner and turned to the next level of the multistorey carpark.and Yuri heaved a sigh of relief. Turning to look at Yoona who was staring at her hand that was starting to turn red, Yuri hurriedly release the vice she held on Yoona's hand and apologise profusely. Yoona shook her hands a little and smiled as she took Yuri's hand in her "Don't worry, I'll grip on your hands the next time."

The two of them spotted a family pushing their grandma who looked quite sick in a wheelchair heading towards the elevator and a plan formed in Yoona's brain. Pulling Yuri's hand, she told her to remain nonchalent as they quickly trail behind the family and Yoona walked up as she looked symphatecially  at one of the ahjumma who was tearing a little and took out a piece of tissue from her pocket. Holding it out, she smiled as she spoke softly "Ahjumma, don't cry I am sure she will be better soon." From a distance, they looked like part of the family who was bringing their sick grandma to the hospital. Yuri caught on to Yoona's plan as she hurriedly rushed forward to hold the elevator's button for them while they wheeled their grandma in. When she entered, she scanned the crowd and spotted a guy who was looking intently at her. Smiling, she stood beside him and slipped her hand into his. She could feel him visibly stiffen as he turned to look at her. Yuri merely smiled and nodded as she tried her hardest not to let her face reflect how much she felt like dying right now. Yoona stiffled a giggle upon withnessing the situation as Yuri shot her death glare after death glare with her eyes.

They finally exited the lift together and the guy seemed to be enjoying himself a lot as he stayed behind with Yuri and held on tightly to her hands with his. Yuri spotted the guards at the main hallway immediately as they stood out in their black armanis with the obvious bulge behind the jackets they wore. Pretending to smile at every words of her newly accquired boyfriend, Yuri and Yoona blended perfectly as they past right under the very noses of the guards in the hallway. They followed the family all the way to the accident and emergency department and made an excuse to leave.the nice ahjumma and the sappy boyfriend family. When they were out of sight, Yuri hurriedly wiped her hands on her jeans as Yoona burst into laughter. Spotting a nurse come out from a storeroom by the corridor, a plan formulated in Yuri's mind as she dashed silently over and stopped the door from closing fully. Motioning to Yoona to hurry up, she slipped into the room and Yoona followed closely behind. Closing the door behind them, Yuri spotted cupboards after cupboards of items and she opened them up one by one to see whats the content inside. Yuri pulled out two nurses outfit and motioned to Yoona to change into them as she turned her back on her and hurriedly changed into the other one. When they were done changing, Yuri pulled out two face mask from an opened box on the tray in front of them and put it on for Yoona ensuring that her nose and mouth were covered. Putting on the other herself, she checked Yoona out to ensure everything looked okay and quickly loaded some medical supplies onto an empty tray in front of them. Yoona opened the door a crack and when the coast was clear, she gave Yuri the signal to push the tray out the two of them headed out of the doorway and entered into another empty elevator that was going up towards where the wards were located.

The lift stopped at one of the level and Yoona grabbed Yuri's hand in fright when the faces of two guards appeared as they entered into the elevator and stood in front of them with their backs turned. Yuri placed a finger over her mask as she motioned to Yoona to remain calm. The minutes they spent in the lift felt like hours to them as Yuri felt the back of her uniform soaked through with the cold sweat that was pouing off her. Yoona looked equaily frightened as she closed her eyes and bit on her lower lips. Their hands remained tightly entwined in each others as Yuri kept her eyes affixed on the level indicator willing the elevator to hurry up. A ding sound indicated that they have arrived at their destination and the two guards split up as they held the door open for them. Yuri and Yoona nodded politely and exited the lift forcing their legs to walk slowly and not run off at top speed. The guards exited behind them and they finally released the breath they were holding when they heard the guards turn into the corner over at the other side. Another group of nurses past them and they smiled and waved at Yuri and Yoona believing them to be one of their colleagues. Yuri flattened her back against the wall as she peeked around the corner to assess the security situation outside Sooyoung's ward. Noticing two guards directly outside the door and a few more patrolling down the hallway,  she turned back and walked towards where Yoona was and briefed her about the current situation. A clattering sound of metal on the marble flooring interrupted their thoughts as they saw two nurses pushing a tray of medical supplies towards their direction. Yuri smiled and waved as she pretended to approach them to ask where they were going. "We are heading to ward 304 to change the dressing for the patient in there." Yuri in her breath when she heard them mention ward 304 because that was where Sooyoung was. A plan popped into her brain and she casted a quick glance onto the nurse's nametag. "Na young ah, but I heard doctor Hwang is looking frantically for you. Maybe you want to go and see what he wants first?" She knew she hit jackpot when she saw Nayoung smile "Really? Omo, then I better go over to him." Stopping herself halfway she sighed but what about the patient in 304. Yuri slipped an arm around her shoulder as she tried smiling behind the mask she wore "Nah, don't worry about her I will go change her dressing for you ok?" Nayoung smiled and patted Yuri's back as she hurriedly turned back and ran to find Dr Hwang. Yuri raised her thumb in Yoona's direction and joined her behind the tray. Nodding to Yoona, Yuri slipped her right hand on top of Yoona's left as they in a deep breath and rounded the corner while pushing the tray of medical supplies. The guards that were situated by the corridor immediately jerked up their heads when they heard the sound of the clattering metal against marble and Yuri and Yoona tried appearing indifferent as they pushed the tray past the first then the second. They were stopped by the two guards when they arrived outside Sooyoung's door as he questioned them on what they were doing here.

Yuri looked into the guard's eyes as she pointed to the medical supplies in front of them. "Its 945pm, time to change Ms Lee's dressing." The guard motioned the two of them to remove their face mask as he scrutinised their forced composed faces carefully. Luckily for Yuri the guard was new and hadn't seen her before. Nodding, he allowed them to put the face mask back on as he opened the door behind them allowing them to enter.