Chapter 48

Wait... I'm not marrying her?????

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS MY LOVELY READERS :)

 

Jaejoong POV

 

I nearly hit that Tao for giving me a second scare the other day. Come on! That idiot knows how I feel about her and yet he teases Kris and her together. If it wasn’t for Reya and Kris to come in the middle I swear I would have strangled that boy.

For the past week we have been hanging out together. Since Kris and Tao aren’t here, I can have her completely for me. We have always hung out, but now it feels different. I want her closer, be more intimate. At times she allows me and sometimes she threatens me. It’s obvious that she likes me. But she seems to be struggling too. Changmin is right, she’s just overwhelmed. So I decided to take it slow. We’re at the Han River today instead of our rooftop. Changmin is disturbing our alone time. Hence the change of venue.

“You know that I have an older brother?” She was facing the river, her hair was covering her face.

“Someone other than Tao?” I asked

“Yeah. He’s actually your age, born in April though. My real brother.”

She has an older brother? And yet Tao acts like he owns her? WOW!

“I miss him oppa. I barely talk to him. He keeps on changing his number. I really miss him.” She looked to the ground, biting her lip.

“You know, letting your emotions out once in a while is good for you?” I held her close and made her look at me.

“You know I’m not the crying type Jae.” I’m elder than her yet she calls me with my name!

“I know. But-”

“But I’m the hugging type. Can we stay like this for a while?”

“For as long as you want” I smiled, kissing the top of her head.  And she initiates such physical contact too. Seems like she has started to stop fighting her feelings.

“I really like how you smell oppa” And she’s back to calling me oppa….

“Really? Since when did you start sniffing my scent?”

“I don’t know. I have always liked it. May be since I kissed you back. Do I sound like a creep?”

“God no! That’s perfectly normal Ray. Just be like this only with me, not even with Kris or Tao.” She nodded.

“So what’s his name?” I need to know my brother-in-law’s name right?

Pulling away she replied “Ryan. He’s as tall as Kris. Last time I saw him his hair was blonde.” She sighed. “That was a year ago.” So he’s the guy Kris spoke about with her dad....

“Why doesn’t he speak with you?”

“He was studying to be a doctor and modelled part-time. He decided to become a full time model. Mom didn’t like that. One thing led to another and he left home to pursue his dream. And left me alone.”

“Hey don’t worry, Tao, Kris and all of us are there for you. Ok? We won’t leave you.”

Making her look at me I promised “I will never leave you.”

“Really? Like never ever? Oppa don’t joke.” She laughed, not believing what I said.

That’s it. I’m telling it now. Making her sit on the step, I got down by another step and scooted to her level.

“I’ve always cared about you Reya.”

“How come I never knew this before?” She faked a shocked expression, later laughing.

She’s still taking it as a joke. It’s now or never Jaejoong. Talking a deep breath,

“Here’s the thing, I like you. I really really like you. More than a friend.”

She blinked, later gulped. Taking yet another deep breath I poured out all my feelings to her

“I want to hold you, hug you, kiss you and be with you every single minute, no every second. I want you to be the first person I see in the morning and the last at night. Hell, I want to spend every night with you. I go crazy when you’re with Kris and Tao or even with Changmin or any other man. Don’t ask why because I don’t know.”

I looked at the ground petrified. My head was ready to explode trying to come up with the correct words to let out how much she means to me, how much I need her in my life.

“Ever since I kissed when you were drunk I-” Crap! Don’t stop Jaejoong, finish it!

Taking another deep breath I looked into her dark brown eyes.

“I want to live the rest of my life with you Reya. I’m in love with you.”

She seemed to be in shock. Well I poured out all my feelings. Must be too much for her.

Her continued shocked expression and silence started to scare me though. 

 

Reya POV

 

My mind went blank. My crush just confessed to me. I’m supposed to be happy right? Why can’t I move a muscle?

He likes me? Scratch that, he loves me? What did he just blabber now? Hold, hug, kiss? How come I both happy and scared now? Isn’t every second too much? Living the rest of my life?! I never thought that far ahead.  What did I get into?

Adrenaline was rushing, my stomach knotted, I felt shivers everywhere. This is too much for me.

“You you y-y-ou like me?” He nodded.

“Like for r-real?”

He placed his hands on my cheeks and pulled me closer. “I love you Reya. I have fallen in love with you.” Good gracious lord! He just said it! My heart might end up breaking the rib cage.

I nodded. “O-o-o-k” Involuntarily I held his hands on my cheeks tight.

He loves me. Holy smokes! KIM JAEJOONG IS IN LOVE WITH ME!

 

Jaejoong POV

 

She’s still silent. My head might explode waiting. Stop staring at me and say something Reya. Please…

“Oppa,” I smiled at her hiding how scared I actually feel now. She bit her lips and brought my hands to her thighs. Looking at me, “I’m attracted to you.” 

Stop. Time. Now

Looking at my palms she continued. “I need more tim-”

Hugging her close, I cut her off “I know this is too much for you. I just couldn’t hold it in any longer. I’ll wait until you’re ready. I can wait for you.”

She nodded. Her eyes didn’t blink at all.

“So I can tell you what I really feel later?”

“Yes.” And I kissed her forehead. Looking at her again, her face was more relieved.

“Just don’t distance from me ok? Behave like usual.”

Nodding she stuttered “O-ok oppa”

I sat beside her, facing the river. I tucked her hair behind her ear. She rested her head on my shoulder. Smiling I wrapped my hand around her other shoulder, bringing her closer. She side-hugged me.

SILENCE

“Oppa, can we go home?”

“Yes.” I stood up and extended my hand.

I wasn’t nervous. I feel like a huge burden has been lifted. I’ll just have to give her more time. She’ll tell me how she really feels.

She held on to me and stood up. We went to our car, our fingers entwined the whole time. Even though she said it’s an attraction, I know she likes me. Her actions show it clearly.

 

Reya is mine,

Only mine.

 


A/N: *drum rolls*

Do wait to see how boyfriend Jaejoong will act now

Kitty-elf must be jumping in joy now. LOL

Over n Out

28 Oct 2015