Chapter 31

Wait... I'm not marrying her?????

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS

 

Reya POV

 

Here we are sitting, watching the night lights of Seoul. No matter how much I try to distance myself from him, he keeps on coming closer to me. The guy looks so tired. I just couldn’t help but let him drag me here. Something’s really happened at work. I didn’t ask it. It’s none of my business.

“Reya-ah, being a CEO is really tiring!” He pouted. He looked so cute now, I wonder how on Earth this guy didn’t get a girl. I mean look at him. He’ll pass as a model easily. Wonder if he can sing?

“Then why did you volunteer to bring the drinks? I would have done that.” I said taking a bottle from him.

“Wow, that wasn’t sarcastic. What happened to the Reya I know?”

“You need energy to put up with my talk. Now you look like a dried bean. My sarcastic talks won’t annoy you that much.”

“A dried bean?” He frowned

“I just came out of my mouth. I promise.” I held my right hand over my chest and my left on the air.

“You behaved the same way when you called me Miss World” He smiled.

“You remember?”

“Yep. How can I forget that week? It practically changed my whole life”

Now I frowned “What changed in your life? You’re still that easily predictable CEO I first met”

“So you knew that I would kiss you and yet you let me?” Stop it! I’m still getting over you. That teasing smirk isn’t helping!

“Ok. Almost predictable CEO. Happy?” He nodded, smiling at me and looking at the scenery.

 

Jaejoong POV

 

We’re not at the Han River and I didn’t confess. We’re at our rooftop. Today was too much for me. I can confess to her right here too. What I need now is some closure, so I rested my head on her lap. She tensed, but calmed later.

“This is new. Did something stressing happen at work?” She asked looking at the city.

Her features were clearly highlighted by the night lights. She may not be as eye catching as Jessica, but she is attractive in her own unique way.

“Stop staring at me Jae. It’s creeping me out.” Busted!

“Well you look beautiful. Couldn’t help it” Crap! Blurted out what I was thinking!

“You’re really stepping up your game Mr. Kim. Sorry to disappoint you, I don’t fall for those.” Obviously you wouldn’t.

“Come on oppa. What’s wrong? You seem really disturbed and I don’t like that. I need that idiotic Jaejoong not a serious one!”

I pinched her hand and told her everything.

 

Reya POV

 

Don’t say, that pen drive that I gave Tao is the cause?! I need to verify.

For how long is this guy going to be resting on my lap? I’m starting to enjoy this. Not good!

“So nothing else to talk?” I asked

“Nope.”

“You not going to let go of my lap?”

“Nope” Why are you doing this Jaejoong?

“Ok. But you’re paying me by the minute.” Gotcha! Now get up!

“It’s been 15 minutes now… So 15 kisses?” What did he just say now? I immediately glared at him. Thank god I didn’t say by the second!

“Wipe that smirk off your face before I beat you up. Tao knows to fight. He taught me.”

“I don’t care.”

PAUSE

“So how about I pay you now?”

“I’ll kill you Kim Jaejoong!” And I chased him around the rooftop.

 

The next day…….

 

I had to verify why Tao and Kris about the incident. So I decided to meet them during Lunch. They decided against coming to the office and picked me up from work. They wanted Chinese, must be missing their home, so we headed to a Chinese restaurant. Waiting for the food I asked,

“What happened to the pen drive?”

“This is new. You don’t bother about our work unless we tell you.” Tao stated

“That Jaejoong told you something, didn’t he?” Kris raised an eyebrow. Busted!

“Stop showing off that you’re attractive Kris. Yes, he told me. So now you tell me.”

“You think I’m attractive?” He teased me. Why did I tell that out?

“It’s a fact that you’re attractive. Ok? Now tell me. Did someone get fired because of me?”

“Hey, don’t get upset. He deserved it. You actually helped them to catch a thief.” Tao assured me holding my hand.

“But why did she give it to me without her boss?”

“I have the same doubt mei. That’s really fishy. That’s why we hesitated to give it to Changmin hyung at first.”

“Will this affect your agreement ge?”

“No.”

“What about me? Will I get involved?”

“We won’t let you get involved in anything bǎobèi.” I smiled in relief.

 

While eating……

 

“What about Jaejoong?” Kris asked.

“What about him?”

“You got over him?”

“Nope.” I placed my utensils down. “It’s difficult. He’s always around. Whenever I think I’m done with him, he does something and restarts all the crazy symptoms. I hate this!!” I hid my face behind my palms.

“Hey. Don’t worry. You’ll get over it.” Kris sat beside me, side-hugging me now.

“I don’t want this Kris. He’s going to get engaged to Jessica. She told it to me that day. Why didn’t I just fall for you instead?”

“Well, it’s still not late.” Tao grinned. We looked at him.

“Look at the two of you. The whole restaurant is looking at you two now. You guys look like a married couple in love right now.”

I looked around. He’s right. Everyone’s looking at us now. Kris kissing my forehead made them squeal. Why did he do that now? Did they just take photos of us now?

“Tao’s right. They’re squealing now.”

“No kidding Kris.” And I elbowed him. Tao giggled. My glare stopped his actions.

“Ge, why don’t we live with Reya?”

“Tao, she’s a girl. We are men. There’s enough rumours as of now about us. Living with her isn’t right.” Kris explained. My heart was thumping faster each second. I held Kris tighter.

“She’ll be leaving in a couple of months. The contract will be signed next week and work will start. I want to spend more time with her! And it’ll be the two of us. Not just you!” Tao pleaded.

“That’s true. We’ll think about living together later. But we need to spend more time together. How about we have a sleepover this weekend?” Kris asked, and winked at me. I understood what he meant.

I nodded. “My place it is.”

 

Tao, you’re in for a surprise this weekend!

 


A/N: #TeamKris or #TeamJaejoong??

18 Sept 2015