Chapter 32 - part 1

Wait... I'm not marrying her?????

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS.

 

Jaejoong POV

 

Now with Mr. Song out, we are now shortlisting other senior project managers for our collaboration with the Chinese. The signing is on Monday. Everything has to be done by today. It still beats me why Tao got the information. My gut say that it is someone who works under Mr. Song himself. But why didn’t he/she give it to the accounts department? We need to find the person who gave them the information to verify first. It was good that they didn’t have second thoughts about signing the agreement. I’m sure they would have wondered the reason behind getting the evidence instead.

I didn’t pick Ray from work yesterday. She said she had some extra work. And today she’s on leave. I have no idea why. She didn’t seem sick though. I made a mental note to call her later and started working.

 

Meanwhile….

Reya POV

 

It’s Tao’s birthday today. He’s turning 25 so Kris and I decided to bake a cake on our own, especially for him. We sneaked out yesterday and bought everything. I know the cake has to rest to taste better, but there’s no way doing it before without getting caught. So fingers crossed.

“Hey bǎobèi” Kris came in, with Tao.

“Mei, ge is feeling sick today. Can you look after him since you’re on leave?” Tao asked. Faking to be sick! Good acting Kris!

Tao came to me. “Ge, aren’t you supposed to go to work? You have the agreement to sign” I asked.

“You sure you didn’t forget anything mei?” He asked expectedly. I felt sorry for the guy.

“No ge-ge. Everything’s cool. Just a bit tired.”

“Ok.” His shoulders slumped down and he left.

“I feel so guilty bǎobèi. He thinks we forgot his birthday.”

“Me too Kris. Anyways, we’ll be making it up to him in the evening right?” I cheered him up and we started to work.

Kris and I make a good team. We work together well. After splitting out tasks, we started with the cake first. Tao likes vanilla with chocolate mousse filling

I beat the eggs, floor and the other ingredients, while he made the filling. Occasionally we smeared the paste on each other, but made sure not to waste the food and the time. Once done with the filling, Kris helped me with the cake. He’s an awesome cook. I actually learnt a lot from him. At times, when he brushes onto me I tense. But I ignored it and continued to work. Friggin hormones!

“You’re out of touch Kris” I teased seeing him struggle to flatten the mix on the baking tray.

“Shut up Ray! I’m trying to flatten it perfectly. Don’t distract me!”

We placed the two trays in the oven. The clock struck 12 noon.

“Ray, we have less than five hours to finish. Let’s get on with the dinner.”

Yep, we’re cooking everything. Hopefully Tao will forgive us for not wishing him at midnight like we usually do.

 

Jaejoong POV

 

Tao joined us for lunch looking really grumpy. Even when we finalised the agreement he was real serious. He snapped at Junsu for asking what was wrong too. Though he later apologized. We just let him be. Later in the afternoon, at the conference room,

“Tao-ah, is Kris really sick? He was alright yesterday.” Yunho asked.

“Yeah.” He sighed. “Thank god mei was on leave.”

“He’s with her now?” I asked.

“Ge becomes impossible when he is sick. Reya is the only person in Korea who can handle him. Even if she wasn’t on leave, I would have dragged her out of the office. I love him as my own brother, but he gets on my nerves whenever he’s sick.” He signed.

“Wow! You should be thankful but why are you so grumpy?” Changmin asked.

He dropped his pen down. “They forgot about today. They never do. Even when I asked mei she didn’t remember. How could they?” He covered his face with his palms and started shaking.

“Is he crying?” Junsu asked.

I immediately went to him and tried to calm the kid down. What’s so special about today? He was nearly tearing.

I called Reya once we came back to work. After around 2 minutes she answered.

“Oppa, hi!”

That’s when I heard, “Come here now! The chicken’s roasting you idiot! I don’t have ten hands!!” Kris?!

“Oppa, I have a cooking emergency. Talk to you later.” And the call was cut.

He’s not sick. Neither is she.

THEY’RE COOKING TOGETHER!!!

 

“Junsu-”

“I know hyung, you go. I’ll finish the rest.” I headed to the door.

“You better end up marrying her! I won’t forgive you if you don’t!” He yelled. I gave him a thumbs up and ran to my car.

“Perfect timing. Let’s go hyung.” Changmin got into the car.

“What ar-”

“Chop! Chop! The more you talk, the longer Kris and her are together ALONEThis er perfectly knows my weak spot now, stressing the last word loud and clear.

 

15 minutes later. At her door step…………….

 

The door was slightly ajar, and The Wanted’s Glad You Came was blasted from the speakers.

“These two are having fun. Better not disturb them ha?”

“Shim Changmin stop pissing me off. I’ll push you down the stairs.” I threatened him and opened the door.

“I thought they were cooking.” Changmin whispered obviously stunned by the scene in front of us.

These two were dancing for the song. Singing “Glad you came” to each other. Don’t they realise the meaning of the lyrics?

Did he just twirl her around? How dare he runs his hand on her?!

She just pulled him closer!

You’ve got to be kidding me! 

 


A/N: Go Kris!!!!!!!!!

LOL

19 Sept 2015