Chapter 18

Wait... I'm not marrying her?????

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS

 

Jaejoong POV

 

A couple of days later, while doing work mom called dropping yet another grenade.

“Jaejoongie, you have to do me a favour?” Now what?

“What omma?”

“Well, Jessica is coming from Japan tomorrow. I want you to bring her from the airport. We’re having lunch together.”

“What is with you and asking me to girls?”

“Kim Jaejoong, since when have you spoken back? This is new!” Congratulations Kim Jaejoong, you just successfully pissed off your mother!

“Omma, please understand. I’m busy. Can’t you do it? I’ve never picked her from the airport before, why should I do now?”

“Come on honey, you’ve known her your whole life! Picking her up won’t do any harm! You two should start spending more time together.” What the hell? With her? Hell no!

“Why omma? Is she also important for my future?” I joked.

“Yes. She’s important.” Now what? Another backup for a contact that is yet to be found?

“Omma, I’m having enough with the previous girl who’ll play an important role in my life. I don’t want another woman in my life. Yep, Reya’s the one I need.

“Stop talking like you’re going to marry that lady.” What if I want to marry her? “You’re picking her up and taking her for lunch.” Hold that thought, just the two of us for lunch?

 “Sorry omma. I can’t do it.” And I ended the call.

 

The call disturbed me completely. I was waiting until I can go home. When I came home, I left my stuff and immediately went to the rooftop. Ray usually spends her evenings there and that’s our talking spot. She was sitting on the bench in the far side of the rooftop, listening to music. Sitting beside her, I pulled out the right earpiece and placed in my ears. She turned and smiled.

“Didn’t have a wash?”

“Why am I smelly?”

“Stinking! Totally gross!”

“Wanna get punished?”

“Kissed or punished for real?” I stared blankly at her. Unbelievable! I need to get used to this!

“Who’s singing the song?” It seemed new. Never heard it before and I liked it.

“Light Me Up by Hunter Hayes. He’s a country singer. My favourite”

“I thought you like Pop and Rock?”

“Yep. Love those genre but my favourite is Hunter. I just don’t know why.”

You were the missing piece to my broken dreams. You bringing me back to life.

Just the way you are makes me burn inside.

It perfectly describes how I feel for her.

“Really good right?” I nodded totally concentrating in the song.

Once the song finished, she stopped the playlist and turned towards me asking

“What’s wrong Jae? Trouble at work?”

“Not work, but mom” I sighed.

“So you a mommy’s boy?”

“God! You really talk like Changmin! Are you his unknown lost twin sister or something?”

“Do I look Korean to you?” Nope. “So what did your mom make you do now?”

This is what usually happens since she moved in. Every evening we talk. She listens to my problems and I to hers. It’s a real stress relief because she’s understanding, unlike those guys.

“She wants me to pick up Yunho’s cousin from the airport.” She frowned.

“Why can’t oppa do it? Why must it be you?”

“Honestly, I don’t know. I said that I can’t. But I have this bad feeling that she’s up to something.” And I told her the complete conversation.

She kept quiet, biting her lower lip and then laughed realising something, “Things are going to get really interesting”.

“What do you mean?” I frowned.

“Are you this slow Jaejoong-ssi?” My frown deepened. She tapped my shoulder and left.

 

The next day at lunch time

 

I was getting ready for lunch with the rest when the door opened revealing my mom.

“Honey, you ready?” For what? “Come on in Jessica, he’s ready to take you to lunch.” What the fudge? I stood shocked seeing mom letting Jessica in to my room.

“Hello oppa, heard that you were busy to pick me up. So I came to have lunch just as you wanted to.” She smiled. When did I want this? I glared at my mom. She glared back mouthing me to take her to lunch.

“So you young ones have fun. I’ll be heading out.” And she left immediately.

 AKWARD SILENCE

“Oppa, your room smells nice.” She’s trying to clear the awkwardness I guess.

“Haha, thanks.”

The door was knocked, “Hey, this is the file you wanted” Ray entered the room without seeing Jessica standing right in front of me.

Well, I wanted to see her, so I told her to bring a totally unnecessary file from home.

“Who are you?” She stopped on her tracks. “Can’t you see that we’re talking here? Where the hell is that PA! He needs to get fired for letting you in!”  Who the hell is she to yell at Ray?!

“Jessica, what are you doing?” I asked, totally unimpressed with her attitude.

“No, I’m sorry. Usually he’s free at this time. I simply wanted to give him what he asked. I should have asked permission before entering.” Ray looked at me. “Here is the file you wanted.”

Before Jessica could utter a word,

“Oh and I’m not an employee in this company. So please don’t think of firing me” Ray cut her off. I expected this. That’s my girl!

Jessica was stunned and turned to me. I smirked at her.

“Well even if she is an employee, you have no right to fire her or Onew. Remember that Jessica” Changmin stated, leaning on the door. The three of us turned to meet his signature smirk.

“Yunho hyung wants to meet you.” He told Jessica, who didn’t respond.

“NOW!”  Startled by his stern voice, she left.

He came towards us, standing right beside Ray.

“Good luck hyung. Your fate is sealed.”

That’s when it hit me.

 

THAT OLD HAG IS SETTING US UP?

HELL FREAKING NO!!!

 


A/N: This freaking idiot really needs others help to realise what's happening to him!

Enjoyed the chapter? Do comment!!!!!

If it is deserving, do upvote!!!

No matter how mesmerizing TVXQ and JYJ sings, I just love Hunter Hayes! I don't know why....

02 Sept 2015