Chapter 41

Wait... I'm not marrying her?????

A/N: Kitty-Elf is going to love this chapter

THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS, font in brown are spoken in English

 

Reya POV

 

I’m going to ask him today. I can’t keep this forever. That’s not me. I can’t act like everything is ok. Especially not after today’s talk with Kris at lunch.

 


*Flashback*

“So you spoke with him?

SILENCE

“Bǎobèi, did you talk to Jaejoong hyung about his mother and this relationship mess?His voice deeper. I shook my head.

Then what on earth did you talk to him in your usual hangout place?

Well, we didn’t meet at the rooftop. We um

I thought you were with him yesterday

I helped them with shopping. So, couldn’t talk.

What nonsense is that? You never do that!

I know. They kinda pulled me into it.

Kris seemed disturbed. I pouted. It’s hard. I wanted to ask him in the morning too but he just cuts me off!

*Flashback over*


 

I received a text Bǎobèi, be calm and ask him. If you can’t wait there, come to me. I’m at home. Ok?”

Sending him a thumbs up back I waited for the other man that has been messing with my heart brain for the past month or two.

 

Kris POV

 

I know she’ll call me. Why do I feel like something wrong is going to happen? No. This isn’t good. I’m not calm. I better go to her. Changing my clothes, I headed to Reya’s place.

 

Jaejoong POV

 

Since yesterday I feel like I’m reborn. She didn’t accept my feelings yet well I didn’t confess, but I feel like I’ve grown closer to her. I like it. Coming from the office I was excited to meet her in the rooftop. We couldn’t talk the whole day. She was with Kris. Now is the only time to be with her. I want her to get closer to me, coming to me more than Kris. I will stop at nothing until that happens. Arriving at the rooftop, I couldn’t see her. I went to our usual bench and saw her laptop but she wasn’t there. While calling her I heard her phone ringing from some place higher. The water tank? Turning to the tank’s direction I saw her looking towards the entrance and finally her eyes locked mine. Her one smile drove me crazy. Seeing her climb down from the ladder I held her waist to help her get down from the ladder. Why did she have to wear something thin today? Calming myself to not run my hands on her body, I let go of her and she turned.

“You didn’t have to hold me. I can get down on my own.” I know, but I wanted to hold you

“Yeah… I forgot that you’re a monkey.” I smirked. Yep, I’m starting to talk like her

Sitting on the bench, “Go check your brain. You’re getting old, ajushi” Ajushi?!

“Yah! I’m only 29!” I pinched her chubby cheeks and sat next to her.

“So didn’t you go to the army?” She looked at me

“Already did, before I became CEO.” Ray, I will never leave you. You’re stuck with me!

She nodded and looked towards the city.

“When did you cut your hair?” It’s layered and shorter, her side fringe is more visible. Although I like her long hair, this is perfect. It suites her face. She looks more attractive.

“Today, went with Kris” face again! I breathed deep to avoid the annoyed frown my face is forming right now.

“Oppa, how do you think our mothers got friendly?” She faced me

“I-I don’t know Reya-ah.” Why am I getting nervous? “Why are you suddenly asking?” I looked at her

Looking back at the city, she answered “It always bugged me why mom forced me to come with you.”  I furrowed my brows, my palms started sweating for unknown reasons. “I mean, she never lets me hang out with guys. Do you know how long she took to warm up with Tao and Kris?” Looking back at me “And you. She scolded me when I refused to meet you.”

Is she scared, confused, angry or just in doubt? I couldn’t decipher what she was feeling.

I squeezed her hand. “Ray, I don’t know. I just met your mom once. Our mothers seem to instantly click.” Am I to tell her the truth? Will she distance herself from me?

Her shoulders slumped down “You sure oppa? You sure it was like that?” She knows? I tensed.

I immediately knelt in front of her and made her face me. She looked like she’s about to cry.

“Reya-ah”

“I met your mother that day. Sh-she” She held my hands tight. I couldn’t move a muscle. Her grip on my hands tightened

She met my mother the day Kris took her away? Before I could react she cut me

“Why did she get friendly with mom? Is it because of Tao and Kris?” She looked at me, her eyes were glossy.

I turned to stone. She knows it. My mouth opened but no words came out. What am I to tell her? Sorry my mother is a calculative b*tch who played with your family? I gulped.

Her grip on my hand loosened. “You knew it right?” She whispered, her voice nearly cracking. I looked to the ground not wanting her to see my guilt-filled face.

“You knew what she was doing. You knew it. Y-you-you knew it.” She pushed me away, standing up to leave.

“Ray, let me explain” I held her hand. “I know her intensions were wrong.”

“Wrong?” She pried her hand from my hold and walked back. I saw the clear disappointment in her eyes. “My mother believed in whatever bull that your mother told her and let me come with you. A total stranger.”

“Reya”

“Shut up. I’m done with listening to you. Do you know how hurt my mom will feel when she knows about this? I let my guard down and let you into my life. I shouldn’t have done that.”  No no no no. Don’t walk away!

“Just listen to me will you” I pleaded. Yanking her to me, I turned her to face me. She was tearing. “Don’t cry. Please don’t cry. Just listen to me. I didn’t -”

“You didn’t even bother to confront her once you knew about this.” She started to hiccup. “Didn’t you feel sorry for my mom?” She looked at me. I was about to wipe her tears when she pushed me away.

“Don’t touch me Kim Jaejoong. Stop acting like this. I’ve told what I had to, to your mother. So cut the act. I’m not gonna fall for it. I’m done with you.” And she ran.

She’s done with me? That can’t happen, not when I need her more than ever.

 

Running to her I stopped dead on my tracks, nearly falling from the entrance when I saw Kris hug her shaking figure tight. I walked forward to pull her away

“The more you try to explain now, the more she’ll hate you.” Kris stopped me, holding on to a shaking Reya. My heart clenched in pain. She’s crying. Crying because of me.

Removing himself from the hug, the blonde man rubbed her tears away. “Bǎobèi, come with me home?” I saw her nodding.

“NO! Reya just don’t leave. I know mom did wrong. I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I didn’t confront her. Reya-ah, I wasn’t acting with you. I need you beside me.” I held her hand. Her one look made me let go of her.

“YiFan ge, take me home.” she held his hand, completely ignoring my plead.

I felt like I have no air to breath. My chest tightened. I found it difficult to breathe. I felt like I was drowning in ice water.

“I’ll take her with me hyung.” 

Snaking his arm around her he took my Reya away from me. Leaning on his chest, hugging him from the side, she left me.

 

She left me because I didn’t step up to my mother.

My girl is disappointed in me.

She left me.

 


A/N: 

I see the end is nearing, Or not :P

I would love to hear from my loving silent readers even once! Just once

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Happy Sunday everyone!

11 Oct 2015