Chapter 20

Wait... I'm not marrying her?????

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in brown are spoken in English. The rest is in Korean

 

Reya POV

 

Ray, why are you suddenly calling me?Kris asked

Why can’t I? I’m hurt now.” I answered faking a hurt voice.

“Honey you can call me anytime. But you aren’t the calling type. You love texting.Darn he knows me too well. So, what’s bugging you?

It’s just…. I wanted to talk to you. When will you come back? I miss you and Tao like crazy.

Tao and Kris left to China for some urgent work. I’m stuck with the other five. Now with Jessica always around, she gives this menacing look whenever I talk.  I don’t like that. She later warned me to stay away from them. She was actually scary. I didn’t tell something back because of Yunho oppa and that she lost her mom. I came to Korea to work, not get entangled in rich people’s lives! Unless they call me, I don’t join them. Since this was the usual scenario, they seem not to be bothered by my absence. Plus Changmin’s question about Jae and Jessica to me is wrecking my brain. I just couldn’t tell everything to Kris although I wanted to.

Where the hell are you?he asked. He must have heard the passers-by.

Han river. With the love of my life, ice cream.He laughed.

I miss you too bǎobèi. But you need to get back home. Ok? I’ll be there for the ball, which you’ll obviously not attend thanks to your hatred of wearing dresses.

Haha! You know me too well Mr. Wu! Take care and don’t stress yourself. Love you! Say hi to Tao and Chen

Love you too! Text me when you reach home!And the call ended.

Well I’m not a fan of dresses. The only time I wore a dress was for graduation and it was bought by Mrs. Wu. I went with Kris and Tao attended it with my neighbour Lori, now Tyler’s girlfriend. Kris usually asks me to be his date, but I reject it. But this time, Tao pleaded me to be his date for the ball. Who’ll resist those cute panda eyes? So I said yes. Kris is going to flip when he sees me there.

 

Jaejoong POV

 

I couldn’t eat Lunch with Ray this week all thanks to Jessica. She comes with Yunho and spends time with us. I enjoy her company, but come on! Kris isn’t here and this is the perfect time to get closer to Reya and my mom brought this woman down! She bought food just for the five of us today so we had to eat without Ray. Changmin really doesn’t like her attitude and prefers to be with Ray instead. His reaction when she came in was priceless! I only get to talk to Ray in our usual spot every evening. Lately, we’ve been watching TV series together. At times Min joins us and starts whining about how much he misses her. It’s actually funny to see him act all cute around her.

Today I came very late from work. After a wash, I simply went to the rooftop to get some air when I saw her lying on the bench with her phone on top of her. She was asleep. I scooted down to her level and admired her sleeping. I’m starting to act like a creep! Her phone sounded a message, quite a few actually. Out of curiosity I gently pulled it out of her hold and unlocked the phone. She didn’t have a password, which was strange. Opening WhatsApp I saw that Kris has been sending messages. It seems they’ve been chatting for a long time. The last message was

Good night sweetie, sleep tight and dream about me. Dream about you? Not gonna happen!

“You know it’s wrong to read other’s messages right?” Busted! I turned, meeting her questioning look.

“Umm. It was sounding a lot, didn’t want it to disturb you.” I replied, praying that she’ll buy my lies.

“Whatever you say Jaejoong-ssi” Ok, did she believe me or not? “So for how long are you going to keep my phone, Saviour of my sleep?”

“That talk of yours is really y getting on my nerves you know?” I gave it back to her

“Really? Your eyes say the opposite.” I faked a glare at her and she simply laughed.

We were now watching the city lights together.

“So what’s your relationship with Kris?” She frowned. “I know you guys are friends, but you know….” I had to decide whether he’s competition or not!

“Well, we aren’t dating, if that’s what you’re asking” I felt relieved, but not for long.

“I know, it’s confusing to you about what we have. Believe me, I’m confused at times too.” I gave her the what-the-fudge-are-you-telling-me look

“It’s simple with Tao. He treated me as a sister from the inception. But with Kris” She sighed. I waited for her to continue. “I don’t know, I can’t seem to see him like a brother and I don’t see him as a boyfriend. At times he’s a tad bit too protective and touchy.”

She smiled.

“Even in America some thought that we’re friends with benefits. It freaked me out and I totally ignored him for weeks. When he confronted me I told him. He told me directly that he won’t be changing the way he behaves with me because of what the others say. He actually told that he’ll get closer. That’s when I learnt to not bother what the others say about me. Besides, Tao also behaves the same way. People just seem not to understand. So I won’t be surprised if you don’t believe what I say.”

I pulled her closer, making her rest her head on my shoulder.

“So very close friends?” I verified.

“Yep.” I smiled. After a moment of silence. “As of now.”

“Ray, what does that mean?”

“Well anything can happen in the future. I may fall for him and have the boring falling-in-love-with-your-best friend-and-living-happily-ever-after love story.”

“You sarcastic, head strong woman.” I said, pulling her closer.

*Kris Wu- Possible competition- should keep an eye on him*

 

The next day, we were leaving to Jeju Island for the ball our company organized for charity. Knowing that she is not a dress person, we didn’t force her to come.

“Reya-ah, you don’t need to come for the ball. Just come to Jeju we can go around the island together!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE” Changmin pleaded with puppy eyes.

“Well, it’s the weekend. I’ll see what I can do” She said earning a bone crushing hug from Changmin.

The rest then advised her all sorts of things to be careful of.

“You know I lived alone in New York for two years right?” And that shut them up.

Once they left to the vehicle I pulled her back to stay and hugged her tight.

“Now what Mr. Kim? Why don’t you just lock me inside instead?” That did cross my mind

“Don’t roam around after 6 pm. I told ajushi to buy whatever you want so just go to work and come home.”

“Yes mom” She replied. I hit her on the back of the head. Still hugging her,

“And don’t stay in the rooftop at night. You’ll fall asleep there and get sick.” She nodded.

I looked at her, holding her shoulders. Nope, I don’t want to leave her alone. I can stay though

“You know this touchy I’m going to miss you crap don’t work with me.” That sarcastic talk was what I was waiting to hear! I smiled nodding to what she said.

We went down together and she sent us off.

 

My first weekend without seeing her.

I didn’t get into the flight yet and I’m already missing her.

 


A/N: The ball is going to be really interesting!! Do wait for it!!!!!!!

Jae is just getting cuter!!! Ahhh my feels!!!!

04 Sept 2015