Chapter 45

Wait... I'm not marrying her?????

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS

 

Changmin POV

 

I feel bad for Jaejoong hyung. He’s suffering without her. I know she’s hurt but not talking him for a week is too much. Greeting us whenever we meet doesn’t count as talking. I nearly got a heart attack seeing Kris move in the other day. I can’t imagine how he felt when he saw the two boys in her house. He might show a strong, stern, menacing outward appearance but he is struggling inside. She’s making him weaker every time she distances herself from him. How on earth did he end up falling in love with her so deeply? She behaved with all of us in the same way. Did that one week in America trigger it? I think so. He left his work to protect her from trouble. Oh yes! He thought he’s arranged to marry her. That one misunderstanding let to this love story. Well it’s too late to think about that. This guy is crazy about her and might lose his mind if she doesn’t come to him.  I’ve always wanted someone like Reya as my wife. But I gave up on her because of Jaejoong hyung. He needs her. I need my hyung to be happy. There’s no way I’m letting her go to Kris or any other man other than my hyung.

Standing on her doorstep, I rang the bell. Tao opened the door and let me in.

“Is Reya there?” He nodded. I sat

“Bǎobèi! Come here!!” He calls her that too?

“I thought men call their wife bǎobèi?”

“Well Bǎobèi means precious or baby. She’s my little sister. Kris’ closest friend. She’s precious to us. So she’s our bǎobèi.”

“So when you marry, you’ll stop calling her that?”

“Nope. Never. Well I mostly call her mei so I might. But Kris won’t. Why do you think he hardly dates? Girls want them to be called bǎobèi. On the first date he tells them that he’ll never call them that. Reya is the only girl whom he’ll call bǎobèi in the world.”

“Wow. That’s some friendship.” I was truly amazed. I’ve known the others for my whole life but these three are something else.

She came from her room, drying her hair. Seeing me she stopped on her tracks, later smiled.

“Reya-ah, I miss you. I miss us. Please talk to me again.” I walked towards her and hugged her tight.

“Min, my hair is wet.”

“I don’t care. Forgive me Ray. I should have told you when I found about hyung’s mother’s intentions.”

“You found it first?” Tao asked, his voice raised due to the shock.

“Yes.” I hugged her tighter frightened that she’ll kick me. She’s very capable of it.

Reya pulled away. “Min, you did? Not Jaejoong oppa?”

“When on earth did that guy figure something out that doesn’t concern about business?”

She laughed. “That’s true. He’s a business nerd.” I laughed along.

“But why didn’t you tell me about it Min? I thought we were close?” She looked hurt.

“Want to know the whole story?” I asked her. She nodded.

Leading her to the couch, I made her sit. Then Tao.

“Where’s Kris?” I want him to know everything. Since he’s hyung’s “competition”.

“Went to the convenient store. Tao finished my chocolates.” She pouted.

A couple of minutes later the door opened. Kris was shocked to see me. Tao explained what happened. Kris sat next to Reya and I stood in front of them. Taking a deep breath, I started

“I had my doubts when he first told about you, when he was in New York.” I looked at her, she was wide eyed. “I asked hyung about you after he met you at the restaurant. He seemed to find you interesting. So he started to meet you often in the restaurant.” Tao and Kris looked at her.

“Yeah, about that…forget to tell you about that. Sorry.” Tao squeezed her ear.

“Hyung, please continue.” Kris smiled at me, holding her hand. That wasn’t necessary. Is he showing me that she’s his?

“Min. You ok?” Reya snapped me out of my gaze, her hand never leaving his.

“Yeah. Where did I? Yes. So I asked him what he was thinking about his mother’s proposal, because all of us thought that, you know, you were.” Tell it Changmin. All three waited eagerly.

“That you were his possible *gulp* That you were being set up by your parents.”

“Set up as in arranged marriage?” Her voice rose. I nodded. Both guys held her to not jump at me. “You gotta be kidding me!” She exclaimed

“Well, you know. Hyung is in the age to get married. And you know, arranged marriages are the trend in our society.”

“Bull!” She interrupted me. Kris glared at her. “What?! You know how I feel about arranged marriages right?” I sighed, letting out a laugh.

“Yeah, so I asked him and it seemed that he also thought the same way. But it didn’t add up because”

“Because mei isn’t rich” I nodded agreeing Tao’s ending. Now he held her other hand. She looked at him and both smiled, later turning back to me.

“Hyung seemed to realise that too but I think he was attracted to you in America and chose to ignore my opinion.”

“He was attracted to me? But I would have noticed it” She pried her hand from the two. Is she going to kill me?

“Come on Ray, you know him. He’s slow. He didn’t realise his true feelings towards you until later.” She nodded then looked at me wide eyed, slightly ajar.

Ignoring her intense stare, I looked at Kris. “The day you came to our office and yelled at Tao. And then watching how Ray treated you, I confirmed my suspicions.”

“I told the others that day. But we didn’t have any evidence.”

I knelt in front of Reya, closed and held her hands

“I know we should have confronted aunty. But we were not sure. Ok, we knew she’s capable of such things but she never dragged some total outsider into our lives because of a contract.” I looked at her in the most sincere apologetic look “I know you’re hurt. But let me tell you something, our interactions, talks, jokes and friendship, all are sincere. We genuinely care about you.” Coming closer, I cupped her cute face “You’re my partner in crime. I really care about you Reya.” She smiled at me and pulled me into a hug.

“You people are not that good of actors to fake emotions like that. Should have realised it.” I hit the back of her head and glared at the two boys who were laughing at her comment.

Pulling away, “Reya-ah, Jaejoong hyung cares about you more than us. Please don’t ignore him. He didn’t know-”

I was cut out when she shoved a bar of chocolate in to my mouth.

“Enough with the emotional talk. I know what you’re going to say. Just enjoy the chocolate Min”

“You call him with his name, just like me?” Kris scoffed. Yep, we’re that close. Jealous? I smirked at him.

“Yep. Coz I’m closest with him Kris. I only call him oppa when I want to get things done.”

I flicked her forehead and Kris smacked her head at the same time. She pouted rubbing the front and back of her head while Kris and I shared a hi-five.

“Hyung, join us for dinner?” Tao proposed.

“I never say no to food.”

Tao and I helped them with the cutting, while Kris and Reya cooked.

 

I did my part hyung, now it’s up to you to win her heart. 

 


A/N: Why must Changmin always be the one to help Jaejoong??

I'm actually starting to regret not letting him fall for Reya...............

Well, now it's upto Jae to man up and confess don't you think?

To my lovely reader cuteflower, THANK YOU FOR UPVOTING :D

Do comment, vote and subscribe :)

22 Oct 2015