Chapter 37

Wait... I'm not marrying her?????

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS :)

 

Author POV

 

“How can she talk to an elder like that?” Mrs. Kim stormed into her husband’s study.

“Now what madness did you do?”

“Well, I was… Stop looking like that yeobo! I did it for Jaejoong!” She yelled justified

“Let me guess. The “she” is that cute girl who danced with Jaejoong?”

“Yes.”

“And she refused to help you to bring Mr. Song back.”

“Yes.” She nodded, but immediately arched both her eyebrows “How did you know that?”

“We have been married for 31 years. I know what you’re up to the moment you step out of the house.”

He called her to sit beside him and asked her to tell what happened.

“I think what she did was the correct thing. She knows where to draw the line. I like her.”

“What?! So you’re telling I befriended that normal family for nothing?”

“What’s so special about us for you to look down at them yeobo? That’s a bad attitude.”

“You always think differently. I don’t understand you.” Frustrated, the old woman left her husband.

 

Reya POV

 

It’s Sunday morning. We have the whole day for the three of us. We slept together on the floor on the hall after taking enough of goofy, idiotic pictures and posting it on Facebook and Instagram. It really felt like we were back at University.

I woke up first and started making something for breakfast. Soon a pair of arms wrapped me from behind.

“Good morning bǎobèi” He greeted me in his hoarse morning voice.

“Good morning Kris. I’m making your favourite.”

“That’s it. I’m calling aunty and asking her to get you two married this week. I pity Jaejoong hyung for falling for you.” Tao interrupted our moment.

“Go ahead, I dare you Hwang ZiTao.” Kris laughed at my response hugging me closer. I rested my head on his broad chest.

“Just serve me the breakfast mei. I’m hungry and you’re crazy.” Tao sat on the dining table defeated.

 

Jaejoong POV

 

So she likes me. Obviously she likes me. She kissed me back that day.

But she seems to like Kris too. Is that possible? Liking two guys at one time? Or is she just confused due to the sudden feelings?

Then she might be just assuming that she likes Kris. Yes. I smiled at the thought.

But then she might like Kris for real and I might be just messing her feelings. My stomach churned in fright at that thought.

It’s been nearly 24 hours since I last saw her. This split just made me realise that I can’t let go of her. I’m falling in love with her more as each day passes, even when she isn’t around me. I keep on thinking about her. I can’t let her be with Kris, or even any other man except for me.

“Hyung, you realise that this is her first mature relationship?” Changmin startled me. I turned to him.

“Put yourself in her shoes hyung. This is the first time she is feeling all these emotions and needs. You’re holding her, hugging her and getting all protective over her, something Kris has been doing for years. Two men behaving in the same way, but having two different intentions. She’ll get confused.”

I hate to admit this, but Changmin is the only guy who understands her in the five of us. I am indeed a useless boyfriend.

“Kris has been with her longer hyung. Although you’re the reason behind this change for her, she has started to react to that boy’s interactions too. So please don’t rush her. It’ll just overwhelm the girl. Give her time to realise it.”

“What if Kris changes her at that time? I can’t let that happen Min. I need her. I-I-I can’t live without her. I n-need h-her.” I ruffled my hair and started stuttering due to the sudden flow of emotions.

The boy’s face softened. He came closer

“Reya isn’t like the other girls. She must be thinking this over right now hyung.” That’s right. “But she has started to depend on Kris more.”

“That’s not helping me Min.”

“Well, then fight for her. And get that Jessica out of your life.”

“Man I’ve been trying to do that for long. That leech isn’t budging.”

“Don’t worry hyung. We’ll help you.” Junsu stated.

The other three joined the conversation

“But I have no power over Jessica, hyung. I tried telling her, but she is adamant. You’re right Min. She’s a brat”

“Finally Yunho hyung realised it after all these years. FINALLY!” Changmin dramatically exclaimed looking at the sky thanking the gods.

We burst laughing at the scene.

 

Reya POV

 

We went to the amusement park and had the time of our lives. It was just awesome. But now it’s time to get back to reality. I’ve got work tomorrow. They have the agreement signing tomorrow. They’ll get really busy from tomorrow. I need to get back to my place. Back to Jaejoong. I admit that what I feel for Jaejoong isn’t a crush. Yes, I like him. But I’m not in love with him, not yet. Tao’s talk about Jaejoong confirmed he likes me. But for how long will his intentions last? Is it strong enough for him to stop his marriage?

I need to know why I started tensing around Kris too. If I like Jaejoong, I cannot have any feelings for Kris. This had to stop.

Since Tao was tired, Kris decided to send me back him. On the way I asked him to stop.

“What’s wrong Ray? You forgot something?”

“Kris, I need you to me truthful with me. Please don’t hide what you’re feeling once I ask this from you.”

“Ok. You’re scaring me Ray.”

Taking a deep breath I asked

“Do you see me more than a friend? As in possible girlfriend? Please tell me the truth.”

His face turned serious and he remained silent. His grip on the steering wheel tightened. For the first time in years I felt nervous. Will he say yes? No? Will he distance from me?

I stayed silent, even though I was screaming inside for him to answer me already.

“Kris…”

“I don’t know.” He finally answered.

“It’s been confusing me for a long time why people think that we’re a couple. I sometimes think why we can’t really become one.”

“I know. I feel the same. It’s confusing right? Our friendship?” I smiled after asking him.

“This that to stop you know” Kris looked at me after uttering what I was thinking.

“And there’s only one way to find that out.” I told him.

We came closer, I gulped, our lips met. I closed my eyes and held him closer. So did he.....

 


A/N: About time this happened do you think????

Do comment, subscribe and upvote :)

If you guys have time, try reading my other new story too!!!!!! (Shameless advertising. I know....)

Until the next update

Over and out

28 Sept 2015