Chapter 13

Wait... I'm not marrying her?????

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in brown are spoken in English. The rest is in Korean

 

Jaejoong POV

 

After greeting Tao, we got to work, validating the terms of the agreement and other requirements. I’m actually learning a lot of things from him although he’s four years younger than me. No wonder he’s the VP of one of the best firms in Asia. In the afternoon, we were still in the conference room when Onew rang,

“Sir, one Mr. Wu wants to meet Mr. Hwang urgently”

“Mr. Wu?” I verified. Tao immediately turned. He seemed confused but still nodded to let him in.

“Hwang ZiTao!” He barged in, seemed to be upset

“Ge, what are-”

“Did you meet bǎobèi?”

“Yes, we she came to the airport and spent the day with me. We met in the morning too.”

“Did you call her in the afternoon?” His voice resonated around the room. Seemed to be upset.

“No. She told me that she’ll call. Must be busy.”

“Yes, busy in the hospital lying unconscious for two hours.” His voice sounding deeper.

“WHAT?!” Tao yelled in surprise. His face showing a worried expression.

“Hyung, Ray met her friend yesterday at the airport. Do you think it’s-” Changmin whispered to me. I didn’t wait till he finished. I immediately called her.

 

The next 20 minutes 15 seconds was hell for me. What tests? Did she really get injured? Where is she? I was yelling inside waiting to see her in one piece.

And here I was thinking you people separate personal problems from office work.. Reya smirked learning on the now closed door. Thank god she’s ok.

What the hell are you doing her Ray?Can this guy’s voice get any deeper?

What are YOU doing here Kris?Ray countered. He glared. Isn’t this girl a scared of him?

SILENCE

Don’t make me-She brushed passed him, towards Tao. Seeing us she smiled. I smiled at her in return.

Just one question though,” She turned facing him,how on earth does a construction company have clothes?What madness is she talking? He gulped but maintained the same intense glare.

She turned, walking towards the nearly tearing guy. Before she spoke, he enveloped her into a hug. He was shaking.

Hey, I’m ok. Come on man! You know how much of a drama queen that giant can be?Totally true. That’s the perfect name for him. Acting like he owns you!

“Ray”

Shut up Kris!She snapped at him yet again. Her strong voice seemed to be daunting to him. I couldn’t help but smirk at him.

Ge, I’ll be back.She spoke softly to Tao, wiping his tears.

And you!Pointing at the other,Follow me STAT!And she left the room. He ruffled his hair in frustration, sighed looking at us and walked outside.

“Isn’t he the CEO?” Yunho questioned.

“And he’s scared of Ray. UNBELIEVABLE!!” Yoochun exclaimed a bit too loud

“She doesn’t get easily angry. If she does, even Kris doesn’t dare to talk against her” Tao replied, smiling slightly. The poor guy looked scared after Kris’s outburst. Yunho went towards him and patted his shoulder.

She’s innocent, kind, sarcastic and stern. An interesting mix. I’m starting to like her more now.

 

Kris POV

 

 I admit that I might have stepped the line (please note "might have"). What can I do? She was unconscious! Tao promised me that he’ll take care of her! And she’s in the hospital the very next day he set foot in Korea.

What the hell Kris? How is Tao responsible for my act?! I helped a kid!!! You would have done the same darn thing!Yep, I pissed her off. Excellent job Kris!

I saw you unconscious dammit! I had to let it out!!I tried reasoning yelled.

And that poor boy got caught? He’s the VP of your goddarn company you dumb nut!! You just can’t barge into another’s company and scold him like that in front of your future partners!! What will they think of you? And the company??

Realisation hit me. I couldn’t face her. I turned, looking at the floor. She stood forward, raised my chin with her hands to face her. Her face softened,

Go apologize to Tao, and the rest. Ok?

You not angry?

No, just a little disappointed.Ouch! That hurt. She took a deep breath and continuedWell, you are human. You make mistakes. You got ahead with your emotions without thinkingThat’s a relief. She understood my feelings. She always does.

So……. Ice cream after this?I asked.

You betcha!

 

Jaejoong POV

 

We heard the whole conversation.  Well, I followed them to the roof top, the others followed me. Couldn’t help it. She actually called him a dumb nut! We immediately rushed back right after she yelled at him, though I was reluctant to do so.

“You guys are like kids. No wonder she’s warming up to you” Tao grinned at us. 

"Does she always talk this fast in English?" Junsu asked 

"Yes hyung" Tao replied.  

They came 4 minutes 3 seconds later (couldn’t help it). Kris apologised to Tao, who hugged him in response. This kid really likes to hug. And then to us, for his behaviour.

“Wow! So touching that I’m moved to tears!” Ray wiped off her fake tears. This girl and that mouth of hers!

“Ok jokes apart. Guys, meet the two most important men in my life, after my dad of course, Kris Wu and ZiTao. Kris, in case you don’t know, they are Junsu, Changmin, Jaejoong, Yoochun and Yunho.” she said, pointing at each of us. How important is Kris to her? The thought crossed my mind.

“Are you hurt Reya-ah?” I asked, stepping right in front of her, holding her shoulders.

“Just a scratch on my arm.”

“And a hit on the head” Kris finished, earning a glare from her.

“A HIT ON THE HEAD??” All of us yelled in unison.

 

Oh you’re gonna get it from me now Miss Reya!

 


A/N: This chapter went a tad bit longer than expected.

Sorry if i bored you with all this crap.

On the other hand, Jae's starting to get jealous already. And the fun part didn't start yet!!!!!!!

 30 Aug 2015