Chapter 03

Wait... I'm not marrying her?????

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS

 

Jaejoong POV

 

Today’s the day I’ll be meeting Ray. Mom was right, for a foreigner, her Korean is not bad; it’s actually near perfect. She seemed to sound a tad bit shocked when I asked her out wanted to meet her. I was nervous, and it kind off sounded that I asked her out. Kind of.

 

Couple of days later…Late in the evening

Waking me from my train of thoughts, Changmin’s name flashed in my phone. The guys had heard about mom’s request and bombarded me with questions, but Changmin seemed to be silent. I guess the guy wanted to have a one-to-one tormenting session with me. Here we go..

“Hyung, do you happen to think aunty wants you to meet her in order to set you up?”

SILENCE….

“Answer me hyung..”

“Ummm. Actually I, umm, considering what mom said-”

“A simple yes or no would suffice hyung” he interrupted me. The nerve this guy has to interrupt his elder…

“ok. Yes I think so”

“well, I don’t think so” Ok. He caught my attention.

“Seems like I got your attention. Finally. Don’t you think it’s a bit off for aunty to select her as your prospective wife-to-be? I know she’s intelligent and you obviously find her interesting, but she’s not from a rich family. Don’t get offended hyung, it surprised me that aunty actually befriended her mom.. Seeing the list of friends she has, I mean, isn’t it a bit off??? Think hyung, I’m sure she has some other plans…”

 


Ever since I met her last week, a similar thought always came up, but I shrugged it off. Mom has always been calculative and careful in everything. But this girl seems harmless and innocent, well ignoring that sarcastic talk. I actually hung out with her a couple of times with the lame excuse that I don’t know anyone else in New York. She was hesitant at first, she later agreed to meet me only at the diner. I wonder why, but what the hell? I still get to hang out with her.

I wanted to have a casual talk the first time we meet, so fancy sophisticated restaurants were out of the list, instead I chose my regular diner that faces the Grand Central Park. She came in wearing a black hoodie and a white tank top with ripped jeans and sneakers. She actually looked really badass yet cute. Black hair, with purple highlights at some places and I really liked it. Once the hellos were done, we settled down and I called Tyler, the waiter to place the order.

“Ok. And the usual for you Ray? A cheese burger, with fries and onion rings??” 

“Surprise me Ty!” That guy smiled like he won a lottery and went to the kitchen to place the order.

Before I could ask her she replied in English “Yep, I’m a regular. I practically live in this diner considering the amount of time I spend here.”

Why haven’t I seen her then? “Well that’s because I spend my evenings here.”

Is she a mind reader? “Nope, can’t read minds, your body language showed what you were thinking. Besides, Ty usually waits tables in the mornings. So you must be coming here in the mornings. Simple logic.” Intelligent. I’m impressed. Darn, she speaks English fast..

 

*Operation: act like I know nothing about her; commences*

I had to act like I knew nothing about her so I asked in Korean,  

“So, tell me about yourself..”

She frowned before replying in Korean “I thought you read my profile completely.” How on earth did she know that? “Well it’s kinda obvious that you would have gotten my background information considering the fact that you have no clue about me. So…”

Jesus Christ, she’s reminds me of Changmin!!

*Operation: act like I know nothing about her; COMPLETE FAILURE*

 

I actually enjoyed her company. Onew’s report is so far right. That guy is finally helpful. Better increase his bonus. Food arrived. As I was about to swallow my pasta  

“It seems like you’re impressed with Onew-sii’s report considering that you aren’t asking anything else about me.”

I started to choke on my food.

Yep, definitely female Changmin. I’m screwed!

Immediately drinking some water I couldn’t help but stare at her stunned. “Long story short, he made it obvious that he was following me. Believe me, he at hiding.” She obviously was holding her laughter. What madness did Onew do?

“I pretended to not know and walked around the same block like for three times. The poor guy followed me. Exhausted, he came to me and told me the truth. So I helped him out.”

OH. MY. GOD!

No bonus!

I’m firing him.

PERIOD. 

 


A/N: So i got a new subscriber today!! YAY!!! Thanks for subscribing shinning4ever :D

22 August 2015