Chapter 34

Wait... I'm not marrying her?????

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS!

 

Reya POV

 

What on Earth just happen? Kim Jaejoong’s mother wanting to meet me?

“Why do you think she called you?” Tao asked.

“Beats me. So I told her I’ll be there in 30 minutes.”

“Be there on time. She’s an elder, don’t make her wait. We’ll drop you at the coffee shop.” Kris proposed

“But I want to spend time with you guys” I wined.

“Just get changed mei” And Tao pushed me to my room.

 

After promising them that I’ll call once I was done, they left to do god-knows-what. 5 minutes more, but I entered the shop. I’ve never seen her before. She told me that she’ll be in upstairs in the VIP area. What a surprise! (Please note the sarcasm) I’m guess she’ll be looking like Jaejoong, more feminine and older.

Yep, it’s Kim Jaejoong’s older female version. Darn I feel so ugly now. Should have applied something on my face. I sat after greeting her.

“Well I finally get to meet you darling. Now that I see you personally, it’s true. You are really an attractive girl, a perfect mix of Asian and Western looks. No wonder the boys care about you.” What?! She should get her eyes checked! I look like a tomboy! Smile Reya, just keep on smiling.

“I really like your smile darling.” Why is she overselling my apparent “beauty” now?

“It’s a pleasure to meet you too Mrs. Kim. Thank you for the complement, but I’m nothing compared to your beauty.” She giggled. Flattery works wonders! Nah, she’s actually really beautiful.

Once all the small talk finished and the drinks arrived, she came to the point. Finally!

“So, I’ve heard a lot about your friendship with young Mr. Wu and Hwang”

“Is that so?” I replied after sipping my drink. Where is this heading? I don’t like this!

“Yes. Especially about you and Mr. Wu” Woman, why bother about us?

“Ohh..” I plastered my face with the fakest possible smile. Come to the goddarn point!

“It actually surprised me that the two boys are so close to you, even when people think that you’re in a relationship with Mr. Wu. It really intrigued me, especially when I saw you during his birthday last year.” My friendship intrigued you? What BS is this? “It was such a coincidence that I met your parents on during our holiday.”

How did she know them? They weren’t there at the party!

“I don’t mean to be disrespectful ma’am, but can you please come to the point.” I can’t bear talking to you lady!

“Of course. That’s right.” She sat up straight.

“You seem to be very close with my son too. I saw you two during the ball.” Shoot! She figured out my crush on him? She seemed to be judging my actions. I simply maintained an indifferent look although I was pinching myself under the table to hide my sudden nervousness.

“Due to Mr. Wu’s and Mr. Hwang’s pressurization, my son was forced to do something that he regrets. I need you to convince your friends to stop pressurizing and let Jaejoong do his job. Won’t you do this to my son?”

I was genuinely confused now. Understanding my reaction she began explaining,

“I confused you didn’t I?” No kidding! “Well Reya, there was this issue in the company and your friends requested my son to do remove a certain important person from the projects” Why is she telling me this? I kept a questioning look.

“Ok darling. That man is Jessica’s uncl-”That’s it!

“I’m sorry to interrupt ma’am.  But if it is something concerning business, you have come to the wrong person asking help. I do not meddle into Kris’ and Tao’s business problems. It’s something I have no idea of."

She seemed startled by my behaviour. Taking a deep breath, she spoke “That’s right. But won’t you do this for my son? He is your friend isn’t he?” Far friggin from a friend!

“It’s still oppa’s business problem ma’am. I’m sure he would have thought over the issue before making his decision.” She was about to talk, but I cut her

“Well, I don’t know your son for long. But I know Kris and Tao. They never decide anything before thinking all scenarios in which the situation will affect. I know that. If they have decided on something. I trust that that’s the right choice.”

She wasn’t impressed. Well I didn’t care.

“If that is it madam, I will take my leave.”

I stood up, bowed a complete 90 degrees and left.

 


 

I needed to think. So I didn’t call them to pick me up. I’m now at my spot with my ice cream.

Q1: How did she know my parents, when they clearly weren’t there at the party?

Q2: Mom let me go to America alone but forced me to come to Korea with pretty face. Why?

Q3: How come she know so much about Kris, Tao and I when we have never been public about our friendship?

 

 

The tub was nearly done. Usually, by this time I’ll have a clear mind. Not this time though.

Q4: Why did she have to go all the way to help that person who was suspended? That was obviously the person. The only incident that happened was because of the pen drive.

Oh yes! Jessica’s someone. She expects me to help that brat? Hell no! So this leads to

Q5: Are his interactions, hugs, kisses with me just temporary? So even if he likes me and I like him back, we will not last long. I have no future with him. Then why does it feel so right when I’m with him? Why can’t I simply get over him?

 

Analysing everything that’s happened lately, mom’s sudden constant talk about this lady. Why do I think she befriended mom because of Kris and Tao? Nah, that’s stupid. I’ve been watching too many Asian dramas these days. Should get back to the American ones.

The night nights brightened the surroundings. The Han River is indeed a beautiful place. Realising that I haven’t eaten the whole day, I bought some snacks and got back to my thoughts.

I’ve heard that Jaejoong’s mother is really calculative in her moves. Even Kris calls her a calculative b*tch at times. So it has to be that she befriended mom to get to me.

 

So, Kim Jaejoong knew what his mother was up to and he helped her.

Were his friends in this too? Changmin too?

Was he acting with me all this time?

Why did I end up in this mess?

 


A/N: Please do leave your comments scolding that mother of Jae....

What do you think will happen now?????

Do comment, subscribe and upvote <3

Over and out

23 Sept 2015