Chapter 12

Wait... I'm not marrying her?????

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in brown are spoken in English. The rest is in Korean

 

Reya POV

 

As promised, I met with Tao and had a wonderful breakfast with him. It was just like the old days at university. It would have been perfect if Kris were there too. Well he’ll be coming soon, and I miss him like hell. It seems like Tao is signing an agreement with Jaejoong’s company. Haha, what a coincidence!!! Well, I didn’t tell him about those five yet.

I decided to walk from Jae’s office to work, since it’s not so far. On the way, I saw a kid crossing the road alone. What the hell? Where are the parents? Just to make sure I waited until she crossed it safely. Nearing the end of her crossing, she stopped to pick up something. OH NOT GOOD!!! Her rotten luck, I saw a vehicle coming toward her, really fast. Since she was walking towards me, I jumped forward and pulled her towards her, without realising that there is a loose brick on the pavement. I tripped and fell down hitting the back of my head. The last thing I remember is the crying face of the cute girl, safe in my arms.

 


 

My eyes opened, to be greeted by a cute looking doctor, smiling at me. He helped me sit up straight and told me about my “accident”. I asked about the kid, and he replied that she’s a bit shaken by the incident, but no injuries. Thank god!

“If I meet her parents, they are going to be beaten up by me”, I couldn’t help but say it.

“Do I have any internal injuries?”

“No” That’s a relief. Crap! I didn’t inform office.

“Well, can I check myself out, I have to inform work and face the wrath of Hwang ZiTao

“Oh! No need to worry about that. We’ve called your in-case-of-emergency. He’s on the way” He smiled. Shoot! It must be dad. I freaked out. Dad is super protective of me. He’ll not let me live on my own anymore!!!!!

Please, not my dad! That will be the end of my job in Korea!

“We couldn’t access your mobile phone. While checking your purse, we came across your university card and called number written on that.” Thank god! Not dad. My job is saved!!

“Oh that. We were told to do it during university. I guess I still have it.”  Hold that thought…

“You mean the green card?”

“Yep”, the young doctor smiled. I started to freak out more. Not him!! PLEASE!!

“Keep calm, you’ll be checked out once he comes”, he seemed to have sensed my uneasiness.

“Yeah, I’ll be checked out from the Accidents Ward and be checked in to the morgue!” I mumbled.

“You’re funny! Well, he seemed to be calm while I spoke with him.”

“Never heard what people say, the calm before the storm?” He frowned.

“Please rest ma’am. Your head is hurt. You should refrain from moving it a lot.” No worries, I won’t be having one soon. That fire breathing dragon will burn me to crisp!!!

Well I couldn’t argue with the cute intern, so I remained quiet, gently placing my head on the pillow.

 

Someone woke me up. It was a nurse. “Your boyfriend is here”

“He said boyfriend?”

“Yes, we called him and he told that he’s your boyfriend.”

The door opened. “Bǎobèi? You alright?I simply nodded in reply to the owner of the deep voice. Darn! he looks niceeeeeee.

“Then I’ll leave you two alone” and the nurse left.

Can we leave Kris?I looked at him holding the back of my head.

He sat on the bed right beside me. Ok, gonna get scolded up close

No. You’re not leaving this place. You’re going to be checked for any internal injuries

Kris, but the doctor said that I don’t have any.

Please Ray, listen to me.He pleaded in his smooth deep voice that I longed to hear. I hugged him sayingI’m sorry for making you worried. I had to save the kid. She-

I know. Now rest.

I perfectly know that going against Kris is of no use. It’s a miracle that he didn’t lose his temper right now, which means I’ll be getting it later, with interest. I agreed to get those unnecessary tests. He left telling that he’ll get me a change of clothes. Now I’m stuck in the hospital alone. AWESOME! (Please note the sarcasm)

 

An hour later, I got a call from Jaejoong,

“Hey, what’s up oppa?”

“Ray, you ok? Are you hurt?” The hell? How did he know? Then I heard someone scolding.

“What’s that sound Jae?”

“Well, your friend, ZiTao, he’s-” Crap! It’s Kris. Tao’s getting it instead of me!

At that time, the nurse came in saying “It’s time for your tests”

“Tests? What tests?” Jaejoong asked. Worry clearly resonated from his voice.

 “Sorry, but I’m checking myself out.” I got up telling the nurse.

“But your boy-”

“I’ll take care of him. Please get me the papers and the bill”

“Ray what the hell is happening?” Shoot! I forgot about the call

“I’ll be there in 10 minutes. Talk to you there. Just don’t say or do anything to them”

I ended the call.

 

 


A/N: Finally Kris came. I imagined him wearing this when i wrote this chapter. God he looks fineeee!!!! *fangirls*

Kris

Yep, He's not blonde too!

And a huge HELLO to my new subscribers!!!! Hopefully you'll start commenting :)

29 August 2015