Chapter 35

Wait... I'm not marrying her?????

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in brown is in spoken in English, purple is in Chinese, the rest is in Korean

 

Kris POV

 

It’s been three hours since we dropped her. What is this girl doing with that old woman? We’re now at the rooftop. I see why she spends most of her time here, it’s really calming.

Ge, where is mei?Well, not so calming because Tao’s overprotective brother mode is on

She told that she’ll call Tao. Have patience.

But for 3 hours. She isn’t the type to talk with people that long! What is there to talk with that woman too?Good point

I’m thinking the same thing. Guess we’ll have to wait and see when she comes back.

Ge, it’s lunch time. She promised to cook for us. I want her food!!!

Stop whining Tao. She’ll call. Who knows she might be at the supermarket buying something to cook.

That shut him, only for another 30 minutes. And the cycle continued.

 


 

It’s nearly 3 in the afternoon. Where is this girl? I’m starting to worry. She isn’t answering the phone too.

“Where’s Reya?” Changmin asked, moving towards the bench.

“We’re waiting for her. I’m hungry!!! I want her food!!! What if something-”

“SHUT UP TAO! SHE’S AN ADULT! SHE CAN PERFECTLY HANDLE HERSELF. DON’T YOU DARE THINK THAT SOMETHING HAPPENED TO HER?! I’LL KILL YOU!” I yelled at him, startling Changmin.

I’m starting to freak out that she’s not here yet, that she didn’t call. She’s not answering the darn phone. Her GPS is off. I can’t track her! And he’s adding coal to the fire.

“Where’s she Kris?”

“FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! CAN YOU STOP ASKING THAT QUESTION JAEJOONG HYUNG?! CAN’T YOU SEE THAT I’M WORRIED ABOUT HER?! WHAT IS WITH YOU PEOPLE?! CALLING HER FOR NO REASON AND NOW SHE JUST DISAPPEARS.” I let it out on him too. My deep voice echoed around the place.

Jaejoong was about to tell something, but Changmin stopped him.

“That’s it. I’m going to the café.” And Tao left.

SILENCE

Changmin sat next to me. Jaejoong was leaning on the steel barrier around the rooftop.

 

45 minutes later..

 

My phone rang.

Ge, she isn’t here.Crap! Where is she?

I’ll check our place, just in case.And he cut the line.

“What did he say?” Jaejoong hyung asked, clearly worried

“She’s not at the café. He’s going to our place to check.”

He was about to leave

“Don’t think of searching for her. You won’t find her. She might not want to see you.” He glared at me “She might not want to see anyone including us now.” Why did I just stress the words now? Did I just get afraid of him?

 

Jaejoong POV

 

She might not want to see me?! What BS is that?!

“So you just stay here? She’s a girl. She’s missing for this long. Are you crazy Kris?!” I could help but raise my voice. How can he be this calm after yelling like that before?

“You think I’m not worried about her?” He asked me back. “She usually prefers waiting alone to think. Something might be confusing her. We have to wait. I’ll have to wait.”

I dialled her. It kept on ringing, later to voicemail. Where are you Reya?

Tao came back, without her.

“Kris, waiting is absurd. It’s evening. It’ll get dark soon and it’s not safe for her. Do you know anywhere she goes?” Changmin asked. He was worried. I looked at him expectedly. I didn’t see her from morning and it’s driving me crazy.

“She. She. She.” He ruffled his hair and immediately turned to Tao asking for the car keys and ran down.

“What the hell? He didn’t tell us!?” Changmin exclaimed.

“Now we wait until he brings her.” Tao stated

“You sure he knows where she is?” I asked.

“Believe me. Kris is the only person who knows what exactly is going in that intelligent head of hers. She’s real hard to crack you know?”

“Tell me about it Tao. I’ve been trying to do that so long.” I sighed and sat beside the boy.

 

35 minutes, 40 seconds later Tao’s phone rang.

 

Kris POV

 

Why didn’t I think this before? The Han River!!!!!

Now where is she? I searched around the bank, and other places. But she wasn’t there. Remembering her love of rooftops I looked to the buildings. Then I saw someone on the top of a 2 story building, sitting facing the river. Gotcha!

Climbing to the location, I called Tao

“Ge you’re on speaker.” He told.

“Found her. She’s thinking something and loss track of time. Didn’t realise that I’m right behind her.”

“Typical Ray” He laughed in the other side.

“I heard you Kris.”

Immediately I put speaker on “Tao, you’re on speaker”

“Mei, come home, cook for me and I’m killing you

Good plan ge.” I laughed at his crazy threat.

“Reya-ah, why did you do this?” Her face dulled listening to Jaejoong’s voice.

“Come home soon. We miss you.” Changmin’s remark just made her look worse.

“See you in a few” I told them and ended the call.

She turned, facing the river. Something’s not right. Before I could talk,

You’re right Kris. She’s a calculative b*tch. A real b*tch.

I panicked. She rarely swears, unless she’s totally frustrated. I don’t like her being frustrated. It pains me to see her sad.

“Bǎobèi, did she say anything to hurt you?”  I held her shoulders and lowered to her height.

I don’t want to go home. Take me to your place. I’m staying there. I’ll tell you everything.I nodded, held her hand and we headed to the car.

Tao, pack our bags and Ray’s clothes too. Sleepover’s in our place. And I the ignition.

 


A/N: You guys are not commenting....

I'm not sure whether you like what I write *sad face*

Anyways, I can't force you, Hoping that you enjoy what I upload....

Until next time

Over and Out

25 Sept 2015