Chapter 30

Wait... I'm not marrying her?????

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS

 

Jaejoong POV

 

I’m going to confess to her. I can’t control this need. I want her. Yeah, I’ll make her live with me in a couple of days. That’s a good plan. How am I to confess? I’ll just tell her directly. That’s her style right? Then may be buy an ice cream tub and eat together at the Han River. Yes. I’m letting her know my love for her today.

I’ve been thinking about confessing without falling asleep. I couldn’t sleep after that dream. She was just so tempting!

The alarm rang at 6:30 am, but I was having a wash already. I dressed up and was ready by 7:15. I meet Reya to drop her at the office at 8:30. 1 hour more. Unknown to me, I was standing in front of her door step within the next 10 minutes. She opened the door.

Holy Canoli! She wore the same t-shirt! How on earth is that possible!

“Oppa, you’re early today. Very early” She said, letting me in.

“Yeah. I couldn’t sleep. I’m sorry, I’ll come later.” I turned to the door.

“No. it’s ok” She held me, sending shivers to my body.

She immediately pulled away. I sat. She stood in front of me. How can she be wearing the same clothes? I'm starting to sweat.

“You ate?” 

“No.”

“Want some toast?”

“Cool.” She walked to the kitchen. I followed her and sat by the Kitchen table.

She served me two slices. Did the same for her and sat opposite to me.

So this is how it’ll feel like to eat with her every morning? I just can’t wait for it.

We didn’t talk. And yet it felt lovely. I smiled and she smiled back.

I decided to wash the plates and sent her to change.

 


I dropped her at her workplace. She thanked me and got out of the vehicle. I waited until she went in. I was about to leave when I heard her yell

“Oppa!” She came running towards the car

“Something wrong with your phone?” I immediately checked it. Crap, battery is out.

“Low battery. Why?”

“Min wants you to come to the office soon. He just texted me."

“Ok bye Ray.” She waved bye. “Reya-ah,” she turned “I’ll see you in the evening”

She nodded, waved bye again and went inside. Now off to the office, wonder what the urgency is.

 

At the Office….

 

“Hyung, where were you? There’s trouble. All are in your office.” Onew informed me.

“Hyung there is evidence that our project in charge has been embezzling money.” Yunho briefed me.

“Mr. Song? How is that possible? He’s been working under us for a very long time.” I retorted, completely unconvinced with this accusation.

“He seems to have been doing this for quite a long time. I apologize for not finding it out soon” Changmin, our head in the accounts department bowed to apologize.

“Yah! Stop overacting! It’s just us.” I couldn’t just bare his actions, he’s being doing an excellent job so far.

“No, it’s not right. I should have been more cautious hyung.” He continued.

“Well it’s a good thing you found it now. Now we have-”

“Actually Tao and Kris provided us with the accounting information.” Yoochun interjected

“WHAT?! How did they?”

“They didn’t disclose that information. But it seems that someone had given them the evidence.” Junsu continued.

“They further requested him to be out of all the projects between our two companies.” Yunho informed.

I sat back. Thinking.

“Did you verify the evidence?” I asked Minho.

“Yes, sir.” Minho replied

“This only leaves us one option. Conduct an immediate investigation. If he admits his mistakes suspend him for disciplinary reasons. If not, fire him.”

“Sir, but he’s been here since the inception. Madam Kim appointed him.” Minho stated

“That can’t be helped. Rules are for everyone. Conduct an immediate investigation. Inform me when you’re ready. I’ll be overlooking the questioning.” I said and dismissed the rest.

 

Why must this happen today? When I was about to confess my feelings? The questioning will take a long time to finish. My rotten luck!

Onew knocked my door and excused himself in.

“Hyung, what will happen if he is caught? You think Madam Kim will allow the suspension?”

“I was thinking the same thing Jinki-ah” I sighed “Even though she holds the most shares, she cannot go against the rules that both her and appa set. She shouldn’t.”

“What really intrigues me is that if an employee gave Tao the information, why didn’t he/she didn’t give Changmin hyung instead who is the head of the Accounts Department?”

“I have no darn clue.”

“Hyung, is it ok if I check our camera footage to find the person?”

“Yes, please do it. We have to protect that person who helped us before omma gets hold of him. One more thing, can you bring a copy of the evidence to me?” And he left.

 

There it was in black and white, Mr. Song, omma’s long-time friend, embezzling money from our projects. The amount was little in each, but in total it sums up to around 1.5 million WON. This is a serious issue. Worse, our partners found out it first. We were actually planning to appoint Mr. Song in charge for the upcoming projects too.

The questioning started an hour later. Changmin headed it. I quietly sat listening to his replies, judging his actions. At first he didn’t admit it. It was really difficult since he had been really careful. We took a break for lunch and continued later. Finally, four hours later, he admitted his mistakes.

“Mr. Song, you are hereby suspended for three months for disciplinary reasons” I informed him.

“No! This cannot happen! I’m part of the project with the Chinese!” He countered

“You need not worry about that anymore Mr. Song. Please reflect your actions during the time given.”

“You cannot do this. I have been working here since the inception. Call your mother. Let her decide” He argued

“We have been lenient towards you for the same reason, so please take your leave.”

I left before he could talk.

“Jinki, make sure this is informed to the rest of the employees. Arrange a meeting with the board members tomorrow”

 

It’s nearly 6 pm, she must be waiting for me. I called her while I was waiting for the elevator to open. Why is it slow today? Open already!!!!

It finally opened when she answered the call.

“Reya-ah I’m sorry. I’ll be there in 10 minutes. Don’t come outside until I come.”

“Yes mother”

Getting out of the elevator, I ran towards my car.

 


A/N: Enjoyed the chapter?

Do comment, subscribe and upvote (if it's worth it)

16 Sept 2015