Chapter 19

Wait... I'm not marrying her?????

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS

 

Reya POV

 

I know that I shouldn’t have come in without permission, but I didn’t like her attitude at all. Thank god Min came and chased her out. The other poor er finally realised that he’s being pulled into an arranged marriage. 

“So Jessica’s back ha? This is going to be very interesting.” Yoochun stated.

We ordered lunch to the office, while Jaejoong and Jessica were on their “date”.

“Yeah. Even I didn’t know about her arrival. I’m sorry Ray for her outburst.” Yunho apologized on behalf of her.

“I know she’s your cousin. Please don’t misunderstand. She’s bit of a brat isn’t she?” I asked.

“Oh my god I love you Ray!” Changmin wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer. “See, she thinks the same! I told you hyung, you shouldn’t have petted her that much”

“What can I do? She lost her mom when she was young!” Yunho reasoned.

“Oh. That’s sad.” I said, guilt filling me. Changmin assured rubbed my arm assuring that I didn’t say anything wrong.

“Hyung has always admired Jessica though. Ignoring her bratty attitude.” Junsu added. Yunho immediately turned to Junsu once he heard the word bratty.

“This is new. Since when did you start speaking out Junsu?” Yoochun asked.

“Whatever, but I don’t like it.” All looked at me. “No offence Yunho oppa, but I think Jae oppa deserves to choose his life partner. It’s his life, not his mom’s!”

“You know there’s love after arranged marriage right?” Seriously? Yoochun oppa?

“Well, isn’t it kinda forced? You act all protective because she’s your wife, like it or not. Then that changes to love.” I reasoned. All nodded in agreement.

“Well hyung knew that he’ll be in this mess. We warned him. That’s why he never got into anything serious.” Yoochun stated.

“Ray, is that the only reason why you don’t want him with Jessica?” Min asked. I looked at him confused. All of us did.

“Yes. I guess so…” I answered.

Time was up so I left for work. Min's question replayed in my head the whole time.

 

Meanwhile

Jaejoong POV

 

I’m stuck her with Jessica while Reya has lunch with the rest. I didn’t have the appetite to eat. That maknae was holding her too close when I left. I made a metal note to punish him for that. But first things first.

“Jessica, I’m happy that you’re back.”

“I’m happy that you’re happy to see me oppa.” She smiled. I did miss her smile, and her being round. I really wanted to have someone like her or even her as my life partner, but now it’s changed. I need to let her know too.

“Jessica, why did you come back?”

“Well, your mom told-” That’s it!

“Let me get this straight. I have no intentions of marriage now. If you’re here for that, I guess it’s better you leave to Japan in the next flight.”

I was about to stand up when she said,

“But please finish eating with me for old times’ sake.” She smiled. I gave in and started eating.

 

Changmin POV

 

“Why the hell did you ask Ray that?” Yunho hyung asked, annoyed.

“Do you think Ray likes hyung?” Yoochun hyung asked. God, these guys are blind!

“No, I think Jaejoong hyung is attracted to her” Junsu stated. Shocking me and the other two idiots. I think him hanging out with her has increased his IQ. Thank you Ray!

“What?!” the other two exclaimed. Can I kill them now?

“Haven’t you seen how he looks at her? Come on didn’t you find it weird when he sent Onew back first even when we needed him for the agreement? Always making sure to be close to her wherever she goes. Didn’t you see how he reacts whenever Kris hugs her?”

The other two we simply processing what I told.

“He kissed her in the elevator too and pulled her to his room the other day” Junsu added. THIS IS NEWS!

“What the hell?” I yelled. “Why didn’t you tell it to us before? And did she let him? That’s not like her!”

“She was drunk all thanks to you Min. I promised hyung not to tell you people.” He replied, looking down. Guilt filled me completely. Made a mental note to apologize to her.

“Then is he serious about her?” Yunho asked, obviously concerned about that brat Jessica.

“He is definitely attracted to her. I’m not yet sure if it’s love though.” I answered truthfully.

 

Jessica POV

 

“So how did it go darling?” Aunty asked me. I visited her home right after the lunch.

“We ate, although he clearly told me that he’s not interested in the marriage.”

“Really? I thought he was attracted to you?” I thought so too. She questioned.

“No worries aunty. He’s just busy with work. Don’t we all know how much of a workaholic he is?” I assured her. She smiled, saying

“You know him perfectly. That’s why I chose you darling.”

“And about that girl, you’re right aunty. She’s interesting. She’s very similar to Min. No wonder oppa got close to her.”

“Do you think she’s a reason for his hesitance?” Aunty questioned. I hope not.

“Well, it’s nothing that I can’t handle. I’ll woo him at the ball.” I replied confidently.

“I know you will. See you at the ball. Jaejoong will be escorting you.” Aunty informed.

 


A/N: Jae is starting to man up!!!! FINALLY!!

03 Sept 2015