Chapter 40

Wait... I'm not marrying her?????

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS

 

Jessica POV

 

I’m now at Oppa’s parent’s place waiting for aunty to come. Apparently she’s with uncle.

“Hello darling, were you waiting long?”

“No aunty. Not at all” I smiled

“Well you are you suddenly wanting to move the engagement forward? I thought Jaejoong has not yet fallen for you.” That’s because he’s head over heels over that nerd! “Are you afraid that that girl will shake his feelings?”

“Isn’t it obvious that he is already shaken by her? So please move the date forward.”

“I know my son Jessica. He’s just attracted to her and thinks he’s in love with her.” I seriously doubt that.

I sighed. I had no other option than show her the pictures of them in the supermarket yesterday. She gasped looking at them, especially at the ones he was trapping her to kiss her, one between the shopping cart and another between the shelves. I gave her time to understand why I wanted to rush the engagement.

“Honey, don’t worry. Jaejoong is yours. He knows that he’ll never be able to live his life with a girl like Reya. He’ll get over her. Else I’ll make him. Just give him a month’s time.” She smiled but not very confidently.

For all these years I know the Kims, I’ve learnt that aunty always achieves what she says she does. So I felt relieved after her assurance.

“Aunty, but one thing, can you ask oppa to come to the fashion show I’ll be modelling in?”

“Of course honey. He’ll be there.”

 

A couple of hours ago, in the morning

Author POV

 

Mr and Mrs Kim were together when she received Jessica’s call.

“Yeobo, it seems Jessica wants the engagement date to be brought forward…”

“Who’s engagement?” The older male asked while reading a book

“Hers and Jaejoong’s” The wife frowned, not happy with the male’s ignorance in his son’s life

“I never thought he was in love with her”

“He’ll learn to love her once they’re married. Just like you did.”

“Honey, I didn’t have a choice. And I don’t want my son to be in the same position.”

“WHAT?!” She stood up “You’re telling me that you would have found someone better than me?”

“If I had a chance..”

“Unbelievable!” She placed her hands on her hips. “You think you would have gotten a son as charming and good looking as Jaejoong with some other woman?!”

“Well I can’t answer that. I’m very good in business, not in genetics” He smiled

“Why did I marry you?” She hit her forehead in defeat and sat beside him. “No! Don’t answer that. You and that mouth of yours. How can you joke like that?”

After a short laugh he continued “Ok. Jokes apart. Do you think our son will accept this? No he won’t. Especially when he’s pursuing that cute girl.”

“Cute girl? WHAT? THAT RUDE GIRL?! NO! NEVER! HOW CAN HE?!”

“Calm down yeobo, you’re blood pressure will rise.”

Calming herself, she said “Jaejoong will never fall for such a girl. He has always”

“Admired Jessica. I know” He finished her sentence. “But see honey, he is attracted to that girl.”

“That’s impossible. How sure are you?” She raised her brows, crossing her arms in front of her chest

“Well when you were busy taking about what jewellery each lady wore during the ball, I watched Jaejoong and Jessica.”

She smiled, “They looked really good together right? Especially when they danced.”

“Yes, that’s true.” His wife leaned on the chair, satisfied at his comment. “But he wasn’t focussing at her at all.” She immediately sat straight.

“Jaejoong was looking at Reya from the moment she came in with Tao. He didn’t take his eyes of her yeobo. He glared at Changmin and Yoochun when they hugged her tight. He kept on looking at her even when he was dancing with Jessica. You should have seen how jealous he was when young Mr. Wu interacted with her, especially when they danced and during the auction.”

“So, you think our son. No! He will never” She couldn’t finish her words

“Our son is in love with her. He seems to have fallen for her some time ago.”

She couldn’t believe what he said. But she remembered how he close he held her when they danced, how he yelled at Jessica when they spoke about Kris and Reya.

“Our son likes her? She.. she”

“I know it’s hard for you. But she is a lovely girl. It seems that she makes him happy. Isn’t that what we want? For our son to be happy? So please don’t try to stop this. He finally is starting to be his old playful self. Everyone in the company has started to like his friendlier attitude and they seem to be very fond of her too. Just let him be.” He held her shoulders and looked into her eyes the whole time.

Taking a deep breath, “Then what about Jessica? I’ve spoken with Yunho’s mother?”

Mr. Kim sat back, thinking. His wife was waiting for his reply.

“Let’s give him one month. If he hasn’t made a move or gotten serious with her, let the engagement happen the other month. If he does, then the engagement is in Jaejoong’s hands. Neither you nor I should decide on it.”

“Wow. You seem to like that girl a lot.”

“Yes. I like her. It’s rare to see a girl who is straight forward and well-mannered.”

“What well mannered!” She scoffed. “She cut me off when I was talking.”

“Talking nonsense I must add. She straight forward. I know you think that it’s ill-mannered because most people in our society do not show who they really are. She is not afraid to show her true self. No wonder Mr. Wu interacts with her. I’m sure that is what attracted our son too.”

She wasn’t impressed with her husband’s talk. But he continued,

“And you wanted to use her friendship for your gain. She saw through you. She did the right thing. She’s intelligent and loyal to her loved ones, more reasons why she’s perfect for our son.”

“Whatever. I’ll give him one month only.” And she left his study.

 


A/N: One month Jaejoong, just one month for you to get Reya spill out that three words that she always tells Kris and Tao

Good Luck :P

Do support my other ongoing fic (shameless advertising)

Over and Out

08 Oct 2015