Chapter 4

No More Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No More Dreams

Chapter 4

 

Saturday came fast. This was the first day of work to Jiyeon. She was both excited and nervous. But who wouldn't be? Right? After all she was new and didn't know anyone.

Jiyeon woke up at eight and made herself breakfast. It could barely be called breakfast honestly. It consisted a few cookies she brought herself and a strawberry milk. However, she was already used to this kind of eating.

Jiyeon didn't know what was her work. She only had the address and the time she started work. On both Saturday and Sunday, she worked after 1 pm. 

After she changed in light blue jeans, a T-shirt and pulled a cream colored sweat-shirt she went out. Having the address, her phone, and her purse in her small bag she was ready to explore a bit.

Even if it was barely 9 am she didn't mind it. The weather was sunny and a bit of wind kept her company. With every day at school she got more used to the atmosphere. She didn't see Junho at school. He didn't come the last two days. She was relieved.

But she didn't make friends either. The girls were just too different from her. They scared her. The way they wore their uniform, the way they talked, the way they always went somewhere to smoke, the way they ganged on students. It was all she hated.

If she became friends with such people it would be a matter of time she herself change into something similar. She once caught herself thinking about Eye Candy. She was comparing them to the girls. They didn't seem so bad to her, but they on the other hand were known for being a gang. She heard about them the first day of school. It wouldn't be a lie if people talked so much, right.

People had stopped giving her mean looks. But actually, it was only that Jiyeon that stopped looking at people much. She just tried to concentrate on lessons or listen to music during breaks.

Jiyeon slowly made her way the stairs. She was extra careful because she was the clumsy type of person. Ah, it feels nice! She smiled as she breathed in and out stretching her arms.

Thank God no one is here to see. She thought as she kept on walking down the street. She had a lot of time before work. She was curious what will she work as. Will she be able to do it? Or will she get fired quickly? No no no! She didn't want to think like that.

Wandering around Jiyeon felt happy. Her mind was free of thoughts. She realised that her home's area had a few 24/7 open markets. There were two parks that were lovely in the daylight and probably scary at night. 

There was a shop for homemade accessories and Jiyeon got inside as soon as she noticed. A grandma was holding the shop. There were very beautiful necklaces, bracelets and earrings. She told Jiyeon that her grandchild loved making them and they both sold them in the summertime and through holidays. But since it was school time her grandchild was in their hometown.

The elder lady was very nice and sweet talking. She invited her to come and see her whenever she wanted to. Delight filled Jiyeon. She had made a friend.

 

--/---

 

Hyun Soo woke up later that day. It was already past ten. He slightly opened his eyes and saw his little sister. She was looking at him with big eyes. He chuckled. She didn't need to that because his soft spot was her.

"Oppa! Let's go outside and play! Oh, or we can meet Ji Hyuk oppa and the other oppas too!" She said, excited.

Hyun Soo stood up and ruffled her hair. "Let me wash and we will see." He stretched and yawned. He walked to the bathroom.

His mother worked on weekdays too so he had to take care of his sister. Even tho she was only five years old he felt as if she's older. She was smart and didn't mess with her brother's business.

Even after the shower Hyun Soo felt sleepy. Last night he came back home from Ji Hyuk's around midnight. It wasn't only him. Eye Candy were together. They ate instant

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter