Chapter 22

No More Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No More Dreams

Chapter 22

 

A few days already passed since Jiyeon left Hyun Soo without a word. She spent those days locked up in a hotel room, that she couldn't believe they could afford. She just cried as she listened to voice mails, then slept because she was mentally tired and ate whatever her mother gave to her.

She was drowning in her own misery. Nightmares were the only things she saw when she closed her eyes. There were no more dreams for her. No more dreams about happiness, about forever.. about Hyun Soo. The only time she saw Hyun Soo was when he was looking at her with disappointed and hurtful eyes - it hurt Jiyeon more than anything.

She made herself believe that she deserved it. After all, she left him alone, she hurt him. He loved her so much and now that they were apart, the love must have turned to hate. But then maybe she didn't deserve his hate too.

"Jiyeon-ah. Wake up." Her mother gently Jiyeon's hair as she opened her eyes.

This was the first time she acted like a mother since they were in this hotel. Her mother didn't ask her even once why was she crying.. if she was okay.. she didn't comfort her either. It was as if she didn't care, but neither did Jiyeon care about this. She only had Hyun Soo in her mind now.

"Get ready. We are going out." Her mother said as she pulled her out of the bed. "I don't understand why do you act so hard. What I'm doing now it's for you." She said.

Jiyeon was sick of hearing such words. They had no meaning to her.

"Where are we going?" Jiyeon barely whispered. "Do you take me back to where I was?" A hope appeared in front of her. She wished she could appear in front of Hyun Soo and say that this whole thing was a horrible joke.

"You are now a trainee in a company. You will probably debut in a girl group." Her mother answered, destroying every little shine of hope Jiyeon had inside her.

"But I didn't have any singing lessons, nor dancing. I'm not for this!" Jiyeon couldn't believe what was this. It was ridiculous.

"But you have the visuals. For singing and dancing, you're a trainee, right. They will train you." Her mother seemed really confident, she believed in those ridiculous words she spoke herself.

Jiyeon gave out a sarcastic laugh. Her mother had everything planned since God knows when, but now one thing was sure - the plan was going the way she wanted to. Once again Jiyeon didn't have a say.

"You will work hard. You will make money and we will be happy. We deserve to be happy. You want us to be happy, right?"

Her mother was always using such thing to Jiyeon. Happiness. But now Jiyeon thought that her own mother saw her like a money maker. It was horrible.

 

--/---

 

With Hyun Soo, things were the same but also different. That day he didn't even listen to Ji Hyuk or ByungHee the reason behind Jiyeon's leaving. To him, she just left. She didn't have the guts to speak to him. Maybe she didn't even love him as much as he loved her. Such things were in his mind. But he couldn't find himself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter