Chapter 38

No More Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No More Dreams

Chapter 38

 

A week flew by since the high school competition. Eye Candy didn't win, but they actually got more attention than the actual winner. There was a huge change at school especially. All the people who looked down on them tried to become friends with them. Eye Candy became popular, everyone started thinking they had the celebrity feel already.

It would be a lie if they said they didn't enjoy the attention because they did. They loved it almost. Well, there was more than that, they even received a call from a CEO to sign them in a company. Their reality changed crazily.

Many people have seen their friendship and believed in it. Their performance has been watched so many times, a lot of people recognized them already. Hearing that they could get in a company and actually earn money while doing what they love was a dream come true. However, they all naturally had different thoughts.

But not only Eye Candy was affected because of that performance itself. Jiyeon also was affected. After the performance, JB had noticed the blood in her wrist. He didn't find the strength in himself to get the explanation from Rian. But it almost became a huge problem if people saw that blood also.

It was luck that there weren't parts focused in her hand, but if you looked at it, you could see it. For now, it was between them. They hoped people won't notice it. As if this wasn't enough shock for Jiyeon, she couldn't get that Yerim's affection for Hyun Soo. She wasn't the jealous type, but now that she couldn't even contact Hyun Soo made her feel horrible.

That hug they shared a small moment felt like forever back then. His warmth was still with her along with his hot tears. He had suffered a lot. She still thought he needs time to recover a bit. She knew he always kept things inside and it took a while for him to cool down. But maybe this time Jiyeon thought wrong of him. 

Hyun Soo seemed alright. Actually, all that popularly boosted his ego so much he didn't let Jiyeon near his mind. No one said fame didn't change people. It was a slight moment when Eye Candy was signed in a company and they even started promoting them without a single out. Since the news about the performance was still fresh in people's mind they seemed to like them.

Yerim was one of those people. She couldn't get Hyun Soo from her mind. Especially the way he didn't show any affection towards her made her like him more. Another thing in her mind was Rian's bloody wrist. She had clearly seen her with Hyun Soo before she left. She really wanted to get Eye Candy like her. She also said a few times that she's into Eye Candy's music. 

Eye Candy, of course, heard that. Their company didn't mind how they were promoted from another artist as well. Eye Candy accepted it nicely, especially HaJin who was a fan. But on the other side, Hyun Soo found it unnecessary. It was annoying to him. He still holds a grudge towards her. Another person who was irritated by Yerim was Jiyeon. Like usual she was right about being jealous. Yerim definitely had her eyes for Hyun Soo. 

But Hyun Soo also had texted Jiyeon that they were working under a company now and it was doing well. With that Jiyeon became even more worried. That was when she realised that Hyun Soo had changed his way of thinking. Actually not only him. She never thought that Ji Hyuk would sign in a company.

" You're in really deep thoughts I see." YuKwon as he sat next to her.

She slightly smiled at him. "Seems like you know me well already." She said in a slightly playful tone.

"It would be weird if I didn't know my partner in a drama and sister in the business." He poked her cheek as he smiled.

Rian laughed quietly. "No wonder people like you. You're so easy going."

"It feels good to get a compliment from you. I feel like my ego grew a few times." YuKwon said. Rian looked at him, confusion written all over her face. "Men love to get compliments too, you know. It makes us feel stronger and better. For example, if you say something nice to a person you like and if they like you too, they may feel freer to confess to you maybe."

"Woah." She only said. It definitely was different to hear things from the men's side.

"And if you're colder and ignorant to them, they may start to turn their backs on you. It's not always being chased if you run."

"Both sides should show affection.," Rian mumbled.

"Enough teaching. Let's get back to work." He tapped her shoulder and after grabbing her hand he took her to the set and started practising lines again.

 

--/---

 

"Do you boy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter